Inexpensive Brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going to say "cheap" brushes... lol But inexpensive sounded better.... I don't have a large brush collection nor an expensive one but I ran accross some brushes in the craft store that looked pretty good and they were like a bunch for $9.... They were the shape I liked and had some tiny ones ... So I bought them and so far, two days, they work fantastic...

41966-brushes.jpg

You can see the tiny one I'm using for eye liner and a couple of the others for eye shadow.... Yeah I know they aren't top of the line and they probably won't last as long but hey.... they do the job... And after all, that's what counts?

So what's your opinion on "cheap" brushes?

Karren

Excellent buy, Karren! I have a whole bunch of cheap artist brushes in sable, squirrel and taklon for eye makeup and I love them!

I pick up inexpensive brushes at local craft stores frequently, love the little skinny ones for eyeliner. The way I look at it, if you can save on brushes, you can spend more on makeup!

I use E.L.F's blending, concealer, and foundation brushes, they are only a buck, the foundation brush is the best one!

Also, target brand has some good soft brushes, I use the eyeshadow large brush, really good.
smile.gif

I have a Loew-Cornell powder brush that I got for around $8 that I love, and some Face Secrets brushes that I got from Sally Beauty for $4.99 each that I am loving so far. I plan to get a few more brushes. I need a smudge brush, and a few small detail shadow brushes. My Sonia Kashuk blush brush works OK, but I think I may replace that one soon as well.

they look great Karren ! i like the 00 or 000 for eyeliner (the days i'm not clumsy and don't need my MAC 266 lol).

I usually buy Quo brushes which is a brand by Shoppers Drug Mart. I think all the brushes are under $12 and quite often they are 20% off.

Latest posts

Back