Have You Heard About Boob Jab?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just when you think you've seen it all, a new cosmetic procedure comes along to out-weird the last. The latest one is referred to as the Boob Jab — that's jab, not job.

As an alternative to breast implants, the Boob Jab is an injectable filler that can increase the breast's fullness by one cup size. A doctor numbs the underarm area, then injects a hyaluronic acid-based filler called Macrolane into the breast. The results are immediate, although some bruising is common. But here's the catch: the $4,000 procedure produces results, but they last only from 12 to 18 months. Over time, the body absorbs the filler, and the breasts need to be "topped off."

If you're itching to see what it's like to be a C-cup rather than a B-cup, this could be right up your alley. But I wouldn't be into this — I'm just not a fan of needles or injectable fillers in general. And on a larger level, I'm tired of the pathologizing of small breasts. Is it just me, or is the obsession with implants and the like getting out of control?

Source

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you're itching to see what it's like to be a C-cup rather than a B-cup, this could be right up your alley. But I wouldn't be into this — I'm just not a fan of needles or injectable fillers in general. And on a larger level, I'm tired of the pathologizing of small breasts. Is it just me, or is the obsession with implants and the like getting out of control?

Source

ITA with that
smile.gif

Considering that you can get silicones for about the same amount, it seems rather expensive. Also, I really don't like the idea of the filler absorbing into my body.

yes, and i was reading somewhere doctors don't really know what the fillers could do to your body once absorbed.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes, and i was reading somewhere doctors don't really know what the fillers could do to your body once absorbed. hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring compound in the body. it's the primary ingredient of restalyne (injectable wrinkle filler) and used in a whole ton of other medical applications including surgical implantables. it's also used to treat certain stages of arthritis whereby HA is injected into the joint to supplement the viscosity and lubricating the joint. the effects of HA are well known and well documented.
perhaps you are thinking about silicone injections. those are highly dangerous and often times deadly.

i don't see the need for a procedure like this, but i can understand why some women would choose it as an option. it's faster, easier, less trauma to the tissues, less scarring, more natural looking and feeling, etc. the downside being resorbtion in about a year.

know that breast implants are not permanent either. they usually only last about 10 years before they have to be replaced or removed. though generally successful, the complication risks that can lead to early revision are numerous: capsular contracture, misshapen, lumpy, placement issues (too high, too low, too close together, too spread out), leaking, punctures, loss of sensation, and on and on.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif And on a larger level, I'm tired of the pathologizing of small breasts. Is it just me, or is the obsession with implants and the like getting out of control? I couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just when you think you've seen it all, a new cosmetic procedure comes along to out-weird the last. The latest one is referred to as the Boob Jab — that's jab, not job.
As an alternative to breast implants, the Boob Jab is an injectable filler that can increase the breast's fullness by one cup size. A doctor numbs the underarm area, then injects a hyaluronic acid-based filler called Macrolane into the breast. The results are immediate, although some bruising is common. But here's the catch: the $4,000 procedure produces results, but they last only from 12 to 18 months. Over time, the body absorbs the filler, and the breasts need to be "topped off."

If you're itching to see what it's like to be a C-cup rather than a B-cup, this could be right up your alley. But I wouldn't be into this — I'm just not a fan of needles or injectable fillers in general. And on a larger level, I'm tired of the pathologizing of small breasts. Is it just me, or is the obsession with implants and the like getting out of control?

Source

i hear you aprill, and i agree completely!

What is wrong with having natural small boobs? Why does everyone have the urge to have HUGE boobs, just because society dictates that all women in order to be perfect for men have to have huge breasts?

Not really, i would never get implants or injectable shyte and im pretty much flat chested i love myself how i am no matter what anyone else says or what society dictates.

Damn thats a lot of money!! Mine are naturally small!! lol My silicone breast forms are cheap compared to that!!

I always wondered why doctors didn't use fat from other parts in the body instead of stuff implants... or would it not work?

wow the idea of injecting something inside you like that is just plain scary. Better to accept what you have and be safe.

I think boobs of any size can be gorgeous. I happen to be on the larger size so it's not like I'd need implants but even if my boobs were small, I think i'd really only get surgery if they had inverted nipples or a third nipple or something of that kind, and only if it really made me insecure.

I don't like the idea of the compound dissipating into the body. Creepy!

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always wondered why doctors didn't use fat from other parts in the body instead of stuff implants... or would it not work? According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) report on breast enlargement by fat injection in 2000, it was considered "an experimental procedure with no reliable evidence that it was either safe or effective over a long period of time".
"Fat cells that are removed from one body site and injected into another frequently do not survive. Fat injected into the breast may be absorbed by the body, may become liquid and drain from the injection site or may calcify, becoming a scarred mass within the tissues. Massive calcification of injected fat can mask or mimic the presence of breast cancer. Seven to 14 ounces of fat injected into the breast, the amount required for an average enlargement, could make accurate detection of cancer by mammography extremely difficult."

Personally, I have never considered breast augmentation because I am quite happy with my small breasts (any bigger and I would have to duct tape them when I go running). Also, my husband is all about nipple size, regardless of breast size, and I'm very well-endowed in that respect if I don't say so myself.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always wondered why doctors didn't use fat from other parts in the body instead of stuff implants... or would it not work? i know doctors do that for a butt job...its called fat grafting...a lot of video models get that done to improve their rear end
but i've always wondered why it wouldn't work for breasts...which are mainly fatty tissue?

Yah, I always thought there was a reason why it wouldn't work. Cause breasts are mostly fat. But now I know.

And I did not know vid models did that, ugh, how sad.

I would totally consider this. I've had a similar kind of injection in my wrist (like for arthritis) and dyes injected for diagnostic purposes from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident four years ago. So the having stuff injected that eventually is absorbed by my body part doesn't bother me anymore. I have considered breast augmentation at all because I used to lift weights heavily and was very muscular, but since I stopped (over ten years ago) my breasts seem to have lost breast tissue and aren't as full, because I was so lean. I used to be a moderate to full "C" depending on the cut and now I'm a full "B"/small "C". And even though my boyfriend totally loves my tata's exactly as they are, to me it's mostly noticable when I'm not wearing a bra. So it is way more for me than anything. I just have had too many surgeries under general anesthesia from my accident. It really sucks recovering from any surgery, but going under general is even worse from my perspective. Since I won't be baring as much skin as time goes on
smile.gif
, being for a year or so is fine with me too. So this injectable, temporary idea is worth considering in my case. THANKS FOR SHARING!!

P.S. I'D BE A FULL "C"/SMALL "D" and it'd be soooo fun to DRESS THEM!! Hahaha!!! Kind of like dressing Barbie for a year!

Back