Choosing Your Fool-Proof "Natural" Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I met a Dior National Artist at work a few days ago and he taught me a fool-proof way to choose your "natural" blush (the color your cheeks look when they are naturally flushed).

Squeeze your fingertips lightly for a minute or so and then release them; the blood will rush into your fingers and this will be the same color as the natural flush in your cheeks. Just find a blush in the same shade and viola! You've found your natural shade of blush.

This is a really great method for picking out drugstore shades that you can't try on.

thanks for the tip. Very helpful
smile.gif

mine is pretty red though, LOL

lol, good tip. i learned one similar on expert village, except it's my cheek i had to sueeze (then you try to find the color you get of it). but it works
smile.gif

er...my hands is pretty red...i can't see the redness when i squeeze my finger tips though :X

And I thought the woman squeezing her finger at the cosmetic counter was just trying to do a blood glucose meter reading. Kidding. LOL!

Thanks for the tip!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess my natural blush color is purple? lol. Something tells me you're squeezing your fingers a wee bit too hard.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by perlanga2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's great, I'm using the wrong shade then. There are many different shades of blush that a person can wear...this method is to find your "natural" blush; just because your fingers don't match your current shade doesn't mean you're wearing the wrong color.

Back