What are you eating for Easter ? (apart from chocolate)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MOM IS COOKING !!! my mom is a great cook, and for the return of her beloved son (he's training to become a gendarme, military cop, so he's away during the whole week) she's cooking one of her famous meals : lasagna !

this one is made with meat, not vegetables as the original version, but what is great is my mom makes everything herself, pasta, the bolognese sauce. yum ! everyone loves it, it's the recipe every family friend has to try at least once.

she's also making a birthday cake as it was my brother's birthday last thursday. something with strawberries
yey.gif

tomorrow we're eating tajine. we don't have the special thing to cook it, too expensive for a family of 4 (big and greedy) stomachs.

it's not really gonna be a "light" weekend, but it's a special one. it's a 3 days weekend, it's Easter, we're celebrating my brother's birthday, and starting from monday i'll have to eat only certain things (for my exams next thursday).

so, what are you eating ?

Pork roast on the gas grill... (yes it did snow yesterday and it is 35 degrees out.... lol) and taters... veggies..... CHOCOLATE....
biggrin.gif

My mom is fixing ham steaks and turkey roast on the grill. Mashes potatoes, rolls, and baked beans. I am still deciding on whether or not to make the 1 hour drive since I don't really care for what she is fixing. I was hoping for spiral cut ham and cheesy potatoes.

If I stay at home I am having a pork loin or whatever restaurant is open.

Im baking a hen, cabbage, cornbread, blackeyed peas, peach cobbler, i feel like im misssing something lol

Cod fish with potatoes and onions and olive oil and a brazilian plate called vatapá (made basically with shrimp, flour, milk and red palm oil).

Roast beef, parsnips, roasted potatoes and carotts and turnip. For desert, either pound cakse with a white sugar sauce, or butterscotch pie.

We had ham, scalloped potatoes, cornbread, green bean casserole, and dinner rolls. My mom made me a chicken breast since I don't eat ham.
smile.gif

We had ham, potatoes, spinach salad, fresh rolls, porter cheddar, kalamata & nicoise olives, and chocolate rasberry ganache cake. With coca-cola.

it was my parent's anniversary so my sister made a special dinner. We had cauliflower soup, and then a special dish which is savoury cheese pastry and minced meat in a kind of tomato and herb sauce (kind of like bolognese) I'm not sure how to spell it but I'll try: goujere...

then she made a bocconcini cheese salad, with tomato and basil leaves and olive oil...

and finally we had these crispy pastry tubes filled with cream and berries. Delicious
biggrin.gif

Posole, which is a soup with hominy and chiles de guajillo. It also had chicken and I love to top it off with radishes (but into itty bitty pieces), oregano, lots of lime juice and definitely tostadas (a type of fried tortilla).

I had two dinners to go to because of my family, and my bf's fam.

At my family dinner we had ham, baked ziti, some cheesy potato bake, seven layer salad (so good) broccol, asparagus, stuffed mushrooms, and fresh pineapple. Lots of desserts on top of that.

At the bf's family dinner we had ham, chicken francais, baked potatoes, rice, green beans, and potato salad. Lots of snack and desserts.

The food was too good at my family's dinner, so I mostly ate there. I was too stuffed to eat at the bf's family dinner, so I pretended to eat. No one noticed that I didn't eat, because dinner was very informal there this year, and we ate wherever we wanted, instead of all at one table. I liked it better this year.

Latest posts

Back