Foundation for very oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone rec a foundation for very oily skin? The mineral makeups make my pores huge so I want to go back to regular foundation. No preference if its liquid or powder just hods up in humidity.

When I use the monistat as a primer it really fills in the pores and makes my foundation look close to flawless. I usually use it with light foundation first and then loose powder on top.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif When I use the monistat as a primer it really fills in the pores and makes my foundation look close to flawless. I usually use it with light foundation first and then loose powder on top.
iagree.gif

For my oily parts I've found Vincent Longo Healthy Fluid to really do the job. It almost gets my skin to the point of being dry, but I have combination skin. It really leaves a matte finish all day long.

Estee Lauder has a new version of their Doublewear Foundation out right now called Doublewear Light. It's a long wearing foundation thats perfect for oily skin. I don't even need to blot or powder all day. It's been selling out at stores like crazy. If your not comfotable picking out a shade online go to your nearest department store, they will give you a sample to try for a couple of days. Many women on other forums are raving about it including me. Make sure you get the Light version, it's not masky at all.

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iagree.gif
Yep! I have oily skin, and I use Monistat as a primer and then put on my mineral makeup(Everyday Minerals). The primer makes a huge difference. I have also heard of using the finishing dust under your foundation to help control oil, but haven't tried it yet.

Here's what works for my oily skin:

Step 1: Monistat primer

Step 2: Powder primer/finishing powder (consisting of talc, silica and kaolin clay)

Step 3: Green mineral color corrector

Step 4: Mineral concealer

Step 5: Mineral foundation

Step 6: Powder primer/finishing powder

Step 7: Monistat primer dabbed on to my oily T-zone

Step 2 to 6 are applied damp using a mixture of water and glycerin and applied with a duo fiber optic brush.

I make my own MMU and it has been the best makeup for my oily skin in terms of coverage (I have large pores, acne, scars, pigmentation), oil-control and water-resistance. It lasts the whole day without touch-ups and even withstands a heavy gym workout.
smile.gif

I disagree; I have the DiorSkin Forever Flawless Wear and I find myself having to blot periodically.

I would stick with a primer and blotting sheets during the day. I cant give you a specifice foundation but my skin is insanely oily and I use EDM intensive. I should probably use a finishing powde but I'm still choosing what I want to order first.

I use a combination of an oil free liquid with an oil blotting powder that I apply with a big soft brush after the liquid makeup has dried. The secret for me seems to be to use them together. I am using MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, BUT, I notice that I get the same oil control effect when I use cheapo Black Radiance Oil Free Liquid Foundation and Black Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Powder compact too.

If you're not prone to breakouts from silicones, try Revlon Colorstay, that will keep you matte all day long!

I'm wondering if that Monistat Chafing Powder Gel really works as a mattifying face gel. Is it safe to put on one's face? Does it break you out if you have sensitive skin?

physicials formula is great. both the liquid and the powder. every other type of make up (all non mineral) that i tried, i could only wear foundation for a couple of hours without a breakout, and powder only for a bit longer than that. and i was only matte for about 10 minutes.

with PF, i can wear the liquid almost all day without getting breakouts, and the powder doesn't make me break out even if i have it on all day. it needs to be reapplied once for me though, which isn't bad compared to other make ups i've tried.

the line is awesome. they have a whole range of stuff, all that is either all, or mostly made of minerals.

I live in a very humid climate and by noon my makeups gunking up all in the t-zone and I look like an oil slick. I've tried primers and they don't seem to help. Any suggestions on a lightweight foundation thats not going to make me an oil slick? I don't need much coverage just to even my skin out a bit.

I would recommend a powder foundation if your skin tends to get that oily.

Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup Powder Foundation (while not a true mineral makeup) wears really well.

Another suggestion would be MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation.

Good luck!
smile.gif

Back