Plump Up the Volume — Hyaluronic Acid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Plump Up the Volume — Hyaluronic Acid

032108_spotlight_lp.jpg
Hyaluronic Acid (otherwise referred to as HA) is an ingredient that can be found in an increasing number of skin care products geared towards increasing hydration and boosting the effectiveness of daily moisturizers.

A substance naturally found in the body, Hyaluronic Acid works to absorb water and lubricate skin tissue. Young skin contains high levels of this chemical and as a result appears full, plump and smooth. As we age, our levels of Hyaluronic Acid decrease, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles and loss of elasticity.

While moisturizers work to retain existing moisture in the skin and prevent water evaporation, products that contain Hyaluronic Acid actually attract moisture and bind it to the skin, allowing moisturizing agents to perform better. Some products contain both Hyaluronic Acid and a moisturizer for maximum hydration. Other products contain only Hyaluronic Acid and are meant to be used in conjunction with a moisturizer.

The following products are liquid solutions and should be applied prior to moisturizing:

Cellex C

Hydra 5 B-Complex

BENEV

Hyaluronic

Moisturizer

BABOR

Vita Balance Concentrate

Yonka

Fluide Optimizer

SkinCeuticals

Hydrating B5 Gel

EmerginC

Eye Serum

Dermelect

Cellular Redefining

Face Serum

The following products are moisturizers that also contain Hyaluronic Acid:

BENEV

Hyaluronic Cream

Pevonia

Pore Refining

D.N.A. Cream

BABOR

Advanced Biogen

Day Cream

pH Advantage

Basics, Moisturizing

Recover Cream

Z. Bigatti

Re-Storation Delicate Intensive Moisturizing Cream

Source

I need to print this for my next shopping. I wonder if those brands can be found in drugstores or only in high end stores.

Any of you know?

Forget about my stupid question, I just click on the product and/or the name and tan tan there's the link to buy them.

They're all high end. You can find most of them at Skinstore.com or Spalook.com, and maybe ebay or some other type of auction site.

Like I've been saying all year long!!! Hyaluronic Acid is my newest best friend!!!!

Great post Kathy! I use hyaluronic acid twice a day around my mouth and my forehead. I absolutly love it and feel like it moisturizes my skin. It's supposed to be great for antiaging.

I love my HA serum. But I recently read in another forum that :

"When applied to the surface of human skin, it feels smooth and sensuous but will slowly wets the skin's outer protective proteins and damages the skin barrier. It does not help skin health."
frown.gif

"Water evaporates and dries off the skin and is gone. Hyaluronic acid cannot evaporate and stays on the skin and keeps it wet. Keeping skin wet damages the skin and increases bacterial and viral infections of the skin."

What do you think?? Is this true? Any comments??
kopfkratz.gif

i don't know how beneficial HA can be applied topically. is it cosmetic companies trying to cash in on the newest buzz word?

I'm studying cosmetics and hyaluronic acid is one of the highest recommended products. It supposively plumps up your skin and helps ingredients sink into the skin. I try to use it as much as possible.

Hyaluronic acid is very good for the skin. Not only is it an excellent moisturizing agent, it may be possible that, in the right size, they may help repair the skin matrix....of course, further studies would be needed to know for sure.

i was very skeptical about all of the claims surrounding hyaluronic acid, but i got a bottle of dermalogica skin hydrating serum and now i'm hooked! i used the serum around my mouth and on for forehead every couple of days and i am seeing a difference, especially on my forehead. i plan to make this serum a permanent part of my regime.

gardenofwisdom.com is another great inexpensive option for products containing HA. At the moment i'm using their Honey HA Serum which is super amazing. Here's a link to their finished products.

Just an FYI...I found HA and DMAE, which is also supposed to be a good for anti-aging at GNC and it was much cheaper than these high end products.

I am also a big fan of hyaluronic acid...it just makes my skin appear dewier...if you know what I mean
smile.gif

Back