Found out baby's sex today/Reaction from dads???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

Had my 20 weeks scan today. The babies healthy thank goodness. I am SOOOOO relieved. Im also a little sad though. The babies father is in another Country at present, we spoke on the computer tonight. The doctor said today it was difficult to see but it was 65% - 70% sure it was a girl. This I am very happy at because I just wanted it healthy.

The tone in his voice dropped and his face dropped as I know he wanted a boy, as he already has a girl. I feel so let down and disappointed and flat.

I feel like the only one who wants my little baby is me, its kicking away inside and quite happy and I love it. Couldnt he have at least thought that the health was more important?

Have any of you had similar reactions from your men?

Ive never had this happen to me but its happend to a friend of mine...her hubby didnt want a little girl and thats just what they got! Now, 17 MOS later, that little girl has him wrapped around his finger so tight its unreal! He may have acted that way b/c he was a little dissapointed himself...wich you are right, the gender should be the least of his concerns, but men dont always see it that way! Unfortunatley! I can almost guaruntee the second he sees her little face, his mind will change in a heartbeat! Good luck!!!

Ugh, I think that is so disguesting when people (men especially) are dissapointed they're having a girl. I don't even want to start about that... (sorry, women's studies minor here
smile.gif
)

Anyway, congrats on a healthy baby and don't let him make you feel like that! Take care of yourself
smile.gif

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything is on track with the pregnancy. I can understand how that would make you feel, but I guarentee as soon as he has that little baby girl in his arms he will fall head over heels in love with her, and be the proudest daddy ever, he won't even have a second thought about wanting a boy instead.

he is just acting like that right now, he hoped for a boy and he put his every thought into that and now that it might not be one hes disappointed. But watch, when she's born he will love her. When we didn't know what we were having he would always tell me he wanted a boy, because just like your situation he already has a girl. I would tell him we have to be open, we do not decide the gender. When i would talk about a girl I could see it in his face how disappointed and more than that, SAD he would get. Luckily we got a little boy, but i assure you it wont matter in a while. Just let it sink it hun. It will fine.

Congratulations! I agree with what everyone says because I kinda felt that way about my third pregnancy (it was a boy and we already had a girl and a boy) and we were hoping for another girl, but when he was born, all of that was forgotten and we just felt so happy that he was healthy!
smile.gif

My husband didn't have that reaction BUT I DID! I desperately wanted a girl, and was just convinced Maverick was going to be a girl, until we saw his little Willie... i was basically bummed for a week. I said, "are you sure? I mean, that could be anything right? Really? Oh..."

Whatever- you get over it... and then you love your baby just the same.

LOL @ Brewgrl. I'm sorry he didn't want a girl. (I'd want a girl so maybe I'd be the same as him in reverse?)

I agree with what the others have said. How could he not fall in love with her when he sees her? just wait and see
smile.gif
Plus, there is always the chance that the dr got it wrong anyway, it was only 65-70% sure, didn't you say?

Congrats on your baby girl!

Never been in the situation you're in but enjoy pregancy he will come around.

a girlfriend of mine had her second baby last week, and she was told since the 22 week mark that she was having a girl. so with 3 ultrasounds, plus one of those really good 3d ones (because of a concern the dr. had about something) she was pretty sure.

and of course, out comes a boy! so baby Michael has the cutest pink nursery lol
biggrin.gif

goes to show you never can tell~

Oh my goodness, thats food for thought isnt it? 4 scans and still its a boy. Im not going to buy much pink then. The lady just said that she would "imagine" it was a girl because there was no obvious "boys bits" and usually its easy to see them.

I guess thats not much to go on hey!

I know my brother in law is always clamoring for a girl. He had one with his firt girlfriend and when he tried with this other girl, he got another girl. He's a good for nothing a******* though.

Have you ever heard Carrie Underwood's "All American Girl?"

This should cheer you up!
laughing.gif

im 23 weeks pregnant and we found out we are having a girl a couple of weeks back. my other half had the same reaction at first because we ALL thought she was going to be a boy! we didnt even contemplate her being a girl!

it took us both a while to adjust. but what we did was go out and buy the cutest bestest girls clothes we could find! and now we cant wait to meet her!

That's really sad! Don't let him get you down because being pregnant is one of the most beautiful experiences a woman can go through. Example: My honey's parents aren't too thrilled about our baby and it hurt but then I let it go. I shouldn't have 'expected' them to be happy for us. Expectations are the least met. It's true! It's all about you and your little chipmunk now. Embrace it and just feel sorry for those who aren't happy. Atleast, you are and that's all that matters
rockwoot.gif
I wish you the best of luck!

How Gender Determination Works

Although there is no such thing as a "female testicle" or a "male testicle," a baby's gender is determined by his or her father. If the father provides an X chromosome, the baby will be female, and if he supplies a Y chromosome, the baby will be male. The body has no mechanism to segregate the X sperm from the Y sperm.

Because sperm containing X chromosomes and sperm containing Y chromosomes are nearly equal in number and because the chances for either type of sperm to fertilize an egg are roughly equal, each naturally occurring conception leads to an equal chance of having a boy or a girl.

Mothers can provide only an X chromosome, so they do not have the same influence over gender.

Source:InteliHealth:

First off, congrats! Secondly, it's natural for most males to want sons...My grandpa always wanted to carry on the family name. He had 3 sons and 1 daughter. My aunt being the youngest and he always thought that women are good for 2 things. To marry and have kids...Well guess what? My aunt is now 45 and single. She was valedictorian in her HS, graduated with a BS in computer engineering, now AVP for Deutsch Bank she makes more income than my dad and my 2 uncles put together. The irony of it all...lol.

Like everyone else says I'm sure he will overcome the disappointment once he looks at her adorable lil face when she's born
smile.gif
It's kind of ironic because 'if' I was pregnant I'd want a boy instead of a girl. I guess since there's so many females around the house (all my cousins are girls) I guess that was a slap in the face for Grandpa since he wanted all boys...all his grandkids are all girls. Ofc, it wouldn't matter if it's a girl or boy. I would still love them the same. A really good guy friend of mine (we made a pact if neither of us are married in 7 yrs, we'd marry each other) he would joke around to me saying he's wants a girl cuz he wants lil "lucy lius" running around the house. lol, he's such a dork! and I said I'd want some "brad pitts" in the house since he has blonde hair and blue eyes. I figured we'd just adopt! hehe

Tbh, it shouldn't matter to him whether it's a boy or girl. What matters is the baby is in perfect health. A friend of mine recently got pregnant but they had to abort it since they found out early that the baby was going to come out mentally challenged
frown.gif
Sometimes people shouldn't take genders for granted. So he'll get over it eventually, and there's always room to have more kids right!
biggrin.gif

Back