MAC Mineral Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Mac mineral makeup? They have 4 shades. I bought one at lunch today, but haven't tried it yet. Any tips?

Ohh. Now I really have an excuse to try MAC... haha. How much does it cost and do they have a fair/light shade? And does it have bismuth..?

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone tried the new Mac mineral makeup? They have 4 shades. I bought one at lunch today, but haven't tried it yet. Any tips? I'd love a review and the ingredient list, if it's not too much trouble? Thank you!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif is what you got liquid? on their website they have this:
M·A·C Cosmetics | Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation

Its called Mineralize Satinfinish SP15 Foundation. And they have several shades on their website, priced for $26.50. I would love to try a sample, but no where around here has MAC!

I wonder what the ingredients are.

I think she's talking about the powder one. I bought it and it is sooooooo great!!! The MA said that even though they only had 4 shades, that those work great on almos everyone. The more you buff it into your skin, the darker it applies. It was a seriously perfect match for me. The coverage is great and it makes my skin look flawless! I have A LOT of acne, and even then she applied it very lighlty and it covered perfectly! I dont know about the ingredients, but the way this looks.....its awesome
glasses.gif

I didn't think they had it yet because I didn't see it on the Mac website. However, Nordys had it in 4 shades. I bought the color Light/Medium. The product is "Mineralize SPF15 Foundation/Loose". It cost $29 for .30 US OZ.

The ingredient list is long, but here goes:

Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 7%

Mica, barley extract, wheat germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't think they had it yet because I didn't see it on the Mac website. However, Nordys had it in 4 shades. I bought the color Light/Medium. The product is "Mineralize SPF15 Foundation/Loose". It cost $29 for .30 US OZ.

Mica, barley extract, wheat germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide

Ohh, okay. I definitely want to try the powder, too! I don't know about the ingredient.. we need an expert in here, lol. It does have bismuth, but its low on the list so it may not be too bad.

I also bought brush #187 to use with it. The MA tried the color on me and brushed it over what I had on. Later that afternoon, someone commented on how I looked "refreshed". I'll use it by itself tomorrow and see how it goes...I've tried EDM and Lumiere, so I'll compare it to them. Lately, I've been wearing the Mac Moisturewear and StudioFix.

i'm unclear as to which mineral makeup line by MAC you're referring to. The one with the sponge applicator cap thing? The compact? The liquid foundation?

Ohh I'm soo looking forward to see and read more info about it.

Those MUTters who've tried, please give us some info. Thanks!

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm unclear as to which mineral makeup line by MAC you're referring to. The one with the sponge applicator cap thing? The compact? The liquid foundation? She said it's the "Mineralize SPF15 Foundation/Loose" so I believe she's referring to the loose minerals.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm unclear as to which mineral makeup line by MAC you're referring to. The one with the sponge applicator cap thing? The compact? The liquid foundation? Yep, The loose powder foundation. Its similar to the BE mineral foundation. Its not on the site though yet.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you guys give us your MAC mineral shades and your equivalent in other brands? TIA! Well im a C3 in studio fix powder foundation and I got Light medium I think.

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't think they had it yet because I didn't see it on the Mac website. However, Nordys had it in 4 shades. I bought the color Light/Medium. The product is "Mineralize SPF15 Foundation/Loose". It cost $29 for .30 US OZ.

I did a search on ebay and finally found the foundation powder. They have more than just 4 shades, but they are selling for $45 plus $7.50 shipping. Yikes!!!
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation (Loose)~CHOOSE COLOR~ - eBay (item 230235947505 end time Apr-25-08 01:23:07 PDT)

You'd be much better getting it off at MAC. I wonder if someone could do a sample CP for me.
eusa_whistle.gif

I have to say this is the best mineral makeup I tried. The other ones (EDM & Fyinnai ?) seemed too powdery for my complexion. This one is just right. It may be that the brush I bought from Mac could be applying it better. I wore it all day yesterday and never had to reapply or touch it up.

Originally Posted by citre /img/forum/go_quote.gif I did a search on ebay and finally found the foundation powder. They have more than just 4 shades, but they are selling for $45 plus $7.50 shipping. Yikes!!!
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation (Loose)~CHOOSE COLOR~ - eBay (item 230235947505 end time Apr-25-08 01:23:07 PDT)

You'd be much better getting it off at MAC. I wonder if someone could do a sample CP for me.
eusa_whistle.gif

Be very careful ordering from ebay. It's extremely possible that this is a fake product.

I looked on Nordstrom's website. They have 8 colors and the price is $29 each. I'd order it from there before eBay, especially due to the price difference.

Latest posts

Back