Best & Worst Dressed: Oscars 2008

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
oscars_anne_hathaway.jpg

Anne Hathaway
The Devil Wears Prada star looked like she stepped out of the pages of Runway magazine in this Marchesa dress. The asymmetrical draped gown with floral shoulder and waist detail was quite elegant. We also loved her swept back ponytail. It was one of our favorite hairstyles of the night.
oscars_clooney_demsey_combs.jpg

Men in Black
There has finally been a return to old Hollywood glamour. Whether a nominee (George Clooney), presenter (Patrick Dempsey) or spectator (Sean Combs) the film industry's hottest male stars were all on our best dressed list for wearing the classic black tuxedo with bowtie.
oscars_heidi_klum.jpg

Heidi Klum
The Project Runway host looked stunning in this one-of-a-kind silk taffeta Galliano gown. Ms. Klum is donating the dress to The Heart Truth Campaign to raise money, and awareness, of heart disease in women. Visit MyCokeRewards.com to enter.
oscars_tilda_swinton2.jpg

Tilda Swinton
We think the Michael Clayton star tried to make her own Oscar gown and either ran out of time or fabric. Her draped, one-sleeve dress is at the bottom of our list, but Ms. Swinton wins the award for best accessory: an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.
oscars_renee_zellweger.jpg

Renee Zellweger
Presenter Renee Zellweger sparkled in this Carolina Herrera gown. We just loved her floor-length dress, but we did not love her cropped hairstyle. And we don't think the Oscar winner was so sure of it herself because, she kept playing with her new short 'do as she made her way into the Kodak Theatre.
oscars_mario_cotillard.jpg

Marion Cotillard
We're sure last night's Best Actress winner is still floating on Cloud 9, and won't care too much that we put her on our worst dressed list. We think Ms. Cotillard is a Little Mermaid fan because that's what her Jean-Paul Gaultier gown reminded us of. We did however like her Daniel Swarovski bag.
oscars_ellen_page2.jpg

Ellen Page
I know the Juno star is an understated dresser, but come on, this is the Oscars. While Miss Page may have been inspired by the Flapper Era, this black gown did not inspire us. AND the Best Actress nominee looked less than thrilled to be on the red carpet. While this dress made our worst dressed list, Juno did make our list of best movies of 2007.
oscars_jennifer_hudson.jpg

Jennifer Hudson
While this Oscar winning Dream Girl looked much better than she did at last year's Academy Awards, we don't love her dress. The white looks gorgeous and we are fans of the snakeskin trim, but the American Idol alum looked like she wasn't getting the support she really needed. Sorry Miss Hudson, we had hoped playing Carrie's assistant in the upcoming Sex & the City movie would have put you in the winner's circle this year.
oscars_cameron_diaz.jpg

Cameron Diaz
There was something about this dress that we didn't like. It was pleated and draped and looked like it needed to be steamed again. While the very light shade of pink perfectly complimented Miss Diaz's coloring, we think a little more jewelry might have put this dress on the best dressed list instead of in the maybe column.
oscars_amy_adams.jpg

Amy Adams
The Enchanted star looked amazing in this dark green Proenza Schouler strapless gown. While she admitted that her gold mesh antique bag was just for show, we think it wins the award for Best Fashion Accessory.
oscars_jennifer_garner.jpg

Jennifer Garner
While we didn't love her messy bed-head hair, we LOVED Mrs. Affleck's stunning black gown. The mermaid silhouette featured tiny black pleats and a hemline and tail full of ruffles. It was the perfect choice for the red carpet.
oscars_amy_ryan.jpg

Amy Ryan
Supporting Actress Nominee, Amy Ryan, played it safe on the red carpet. This first-time nominee wore a navy, asymmetrical, floor-length Calvin Klein gown. While we weren't fans of her accessories, we thought her gown was understated and elegant.
oscars_jessica_alba.jpg

Jessica Alba
The very pregnant Jessica Alba just glowed in this plum empire waist gown by Marchesa. As one of a handful of moms-to-be in the audience — Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett were also in attendance — we think this expecting mom wins the award for Best Oscar Maternity Dress.
oscars_laura_linney.jpg

Pictured here: We think Best Actress nominee, Laura Linney, looked lovely in this plum floor-length gown by Michael Kors.</STRONG>
Source

Anne's gown is gorgeous! So is Jennifer Garner's!

I liked Heidi's too, but I don't like her so much...

so many gorgeoud dresses. To be honest, everyone raved about Anne Hathaway but i didn't really like it. Much preferred Heidi Klum's.

I don't think anyone looked TOO Bad this year, I 've seen much worse years in the past with really really awful outfits, lol

I just love Heidi Klum's dress!! and Renee's and Cameron's too!! But wtf is with the tent look of Tilda Swinton?? And Marion Cotillard's merdaid dress... that's just weird!! Do like Laura Linney's dress though it looks black and not plum in the photo...

There were some lovely gowns there, I usualy love wht Ann Hathaway has to wear but I'm with Rosie, I didn't like it. I did love the colour and style of Amy adams dress, just love that rich dark green.

My top picks are the Marchesa gowns worn by Anne Hathaway and Jessica Alba and Renee Zellweger's Carolina Herrera gown.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back