Dare To Be - A Chola! (March 31st - April 13th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, all!
laughing.gif

Our next theme is Dare To Be - A Chola!

Chosen by CellyCell, second runner-up of Dare To Be - Spring!

Here are a few inspiration pics, but feel free to add your own!

28894-chola.jpg

28894-chola2.jpg

28894-chola3.jpg

28894-chola4.jpg

28894-chola5.jpg

And here is a really amazing how-to video! Check it out!

If you are thinking about entering this challenge, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

THE RULES HAVE CHANGED!

1. NO photo manipulation is allowed at all!

What is Photo Manipulation and what does it include?

Well, you've probably seen some great photo manipulation by our very own Daer0n. An example of her work is illustrated here:

beforeafter.jpg

This is probably the first thing that comes to mind when a lot of people hear the word "Photoshopped" or "Photo Manipulated", but a photo manipulation can be very subtle and include even slight changes like alterations to coloring or contrast. So even if you lighten your photo with a photo-editing program,you may not think it counts as photo manipulation, but it does. Basically, if you use a photo editing program to alter your photo in any way, it counts as photo manipulation. Therefore, for all Dare to Be competitions, you are only allowed to crop and/or resize your photo. That's it.

2. Any pictures which appear to be suspect, will either be automatically disqualified if the member is asked and doesn't come clean. If after saying it's not touched in any way the picture still seems to be suspect, then the entry will be DQed anyway. (If need be, it will be made so all entries are approved by a Moderator first).

3. Voting will remain in place. There is not true sufficient evidence to back that consistent entries/winners are discouraging. Participation overall still lacks, which we hope will change very soon!

Have fun and enjoy the contest!
For those whose entries include more than one pic: Please post the pic that you would like to be entered into the voting poll as your first pic to save time.
g.gif
hb.gif

OMG! I'm SO excited! I've been wanting to do a Chola look forever.

And I love Jody; she's so amazing!

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you pronounce Chola, and what exactly does it mean? Urban Dictionary: chola
"The 'ch' is to be pronounced the way you'd pronounce the 'ch' in, say, Chanukah." I found this here

Chola is a Spanish slang word.

Cholo means gangster. Chola is a female gangster.

Ch = just like in English (like chocolate)

O= long O sound (like own)

la= like singing a song.

Okay i tried this look and made some pics but heeeell i don't want to show it LOL i look so stupid! cant wait to see some participations

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif What about Little Loca? LMAO!5Gf84ZIUxTQ

I like the inspo pictures you've attached.

this is frickin' hilarious! i remember back in high school, all the girls were sporting the chola look.

Aw, yay. Glad everyone is happy with this theme. I'm SUPER excited - hopefully, I'll have the time to enter, bah ha. :/ Been waiting AGES for this theme though.

Back