Would you sell your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hair.xlarger.jpg

I guess there is no better way to make some extra cash....sell your hair!!

Take the lady on the left, she sold her hair for $2500
brsh.gif
Locks of Love move over (which is sad
sleepyhead.gif
) And the lady on the right sold her hair for the same price. It is amazing how many ladies are on there selling hair!!

Sell Your Hair, Hair Classifieds, Hair Products

If my hair was that long and pretty no way id sell it.

Id sell my damaged hair though, to buy some hair extensions that looked nicer haha

You can actually sell your hair? Hmm....I think I found my answer on what to do with my ultra long hair lol

no way!!! if i had hair like that i would never sell it! its an assett. no matter how nice the price was, hair like that should stay like that... takes too long to grow

I don't think so, more so because I wouldn't let my hair get THAT long (I don't like hair that long) and the hair that i do have, I'd like to keep..lol

$2500? You bet I would! I just recently cut my hair though, so not enough to sell. Now I know how to afford that Chanel flap I am coveting!!
tongue.gif

Wow, I'm actually jealous! Wish I had such long and thick hair like that. Must've been a ***** to manage though. But yea, if I ever had such nice hair I'm not sure if I would sell it. Unless I was REALLY desperate...lol.

I knew girl a long time ago who was offered a lot of money for her hair because it was strawberry blonde, waist length and naturally curly but she couldn't part with it.

Obviously SOMEONE is selling the hair, because that's where human hair braiding/weaving hair comes from- although a good majority is Asian (including India) hair, sometimes from cadavars.

My cousin and her daughter donated their butt-length hair to that charity that makes wigs for cancer patients.

I think if my own hair grew easily (it grows nicely, but not without some work), I would sell it; it will grow back. Since it takes more care for me to get some substantial length, I'd have to say no.

There is no WAY I would ever buy hair from a classified, though. Human hair for sell through salons and such have been sterilized and everything possible to make sure there are no "bugs" or fungus or whatever, who knows from a classified what else is riding along with that hair, lol!!

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif How much does shoulder length, coloured, damaged hair sell for? It probably wouldn't sell. Most places prefer the hair to be healthy in order for them to make wigs out of it. Usually you can get by with coloring your hair but if its bleached out and damaged then they probably wouldn't take it. By the time they get done with the hair, cleaning it and coloring it, the hair will probably just be very brittle and break off so its a useless wig.
Anyway, to the question...I would not sell my hair. I would DONATE it. But not sell it. Theres a huge difference there! No matter what length of hair I had, I would donate it to benefit those that need the hair. Also, hair grows back, and I don't really care how long it takes because eventually, it will get there.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif How much does shoulder length, coloured, damaged hair sell for? $1.00 and a tootsie roll
biggrin.gif

They prefer virgin hair, lol

I would never sell my hair, I have so little that I would miss it...
10.gif
If I had long hair, I think I would donate it...

depends.

if its now, no, i'd probably donate it.

if its when im paying off student loans when i graduate, maybe.

Just so you guys know if you do consider selling your hair, a lot of people won't be wanting it for hair extensions/wigs. There's a lot of weirdos out there who want it for... other purposes. Hence why some are asking for videos of it being cut.

Also, if anyone's thinking of donating there is a lot of info on 'Locks of Love' which is probably the most famous hair donation charity about how it throws away a lot of the hair, sells a lot of hair to commercial wigmakers to cover running costs and to donate to alopecia research and basically has too much hair and unsuitable hair to cope with. Also, I believe it only makes wigs for people with alopecia and not cancer as most people believe (not that people with alopecia isn't a worthy cause). Pantene has set up a hair donating charity which is supposed to be better.

Although, I'm keeping my hair for myself
tongue.gif
It's nearly waist-length and I'm nowhere near done growing it.

eeeh ? NO WAY ! i spend too much time on my hair so it can look good and healthy i would hate to see someone benefit of it.

I used to have virgin, waist length hair, and I donated about 14 inches to Locks of Love, but if I had been given the opportunity to sell it, I most likely would have. Not because I don't believe in charity, but I was a broke college student at the time. LOL!

Back