MAC Collection - Solar Field (Summer 2008)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Source

This collection will be released May 29, 2008 (Int’l June 2008).

Solar Bits combines concentrated amounts of powder pigments and pearlized particles to deliver vivid colour and intense shimmer with a soft, smooth, velvety finish.

Solar Bits ($19.50)

Sunpower Light metallic tan with gold pearlized pigments

Scatterrays Soft metallic peach with gold pearlized pigments

Black Ore RIch black with gold pearlized pigments

Bronzescape Yellow brown with gold pearlized pigments

Bronzing Powder ($20.00)

Solar Riche Midtone deep orange brown

Refined Golden Finely spun golden with soft pearlized finish

Brush

I dont understand what the solar bits are. Now I feel stupid.

Are they like pigments in that little pot? Or are they creamy? I dont get it lol.

I wonder what exactly the Solar Bits are. But other than that, I'm not really into bronzers so I think I'll give this one a miss.

doesnt look too enticing but I will have to see it for myself to be sure
smile.gif

Love the picture, though - her lippie plays beautifully against her skintone!

solar bits looks like loose bronzer powder

or they are renaming pigments to solar bits?
eusa_whistle.gif

I love pigments, but I'm confused with the solar bits thing. I'm guessing they reformulated it with putting a more pearlized texture as NYX pigments are?

I am relieved a bunch of you don't know what the solar bits are yet either. Makes me feel less dense lol. I am very curious though.

So I now know what the solar bits are!! And I am so so excited lol can't wait!!

MAC MA told me this when I went there today... They are going to be like pigments, powdery, but like a creamy rich powder, very shimmery, different from pigments, not quite a cream, hard to explain lol. She said in finish, like the Metal-X cream shadows were, but as a powder. Yay no creasing!! Its like a chunkier pigment but not gritty at all, complete opposite, like as smooth and velvety and rich as can be. Hope that helps any!!

i hear the solar bits are pieces of crap. like, you hardly get any to begin with & then when you start to apply it the particles fly all through the hair & get all over your face. so this really isnt JUST an eyeshadow. it couldnt be JUST an eyeshadow if you wanted it to be. XD

Latest posts

Back