Facial Hair - Help???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, i know i have not been on here for a while, things have just been hectic with work and life.

I wanted to ask, i was blessed with the greek genes - facial hair;

its not hectic, but with foundation over it, it brings it out, almost looking like a peach, the hair is blonde, THANK GOD, but still, in photos and that, you can see it.

I went for threading on my face, and i loved the results, but a few days later, i get all these bumps, lasts for a week, then its smooth again, till the hair grows back.

I dont want to have to do this, or go through this every 4 months.

Is there anything you guys can suggest please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found that Mac studio fix nw20 works the best, doesnt enhance each hair, lol, like others do, but i WANT THEM GONE
rotfl.gif

any suggestions?????

Love ya all

Athena

If you are getting bumps, then it sounds like you are not exfoliating the skin properly.

I have a thyroid problem that gives me that excess peachfuzz on my face too, and it seems when you have a full face of foundation they are brought out twice as much. You have to remove them. I waxed my face for years and after every waxing, I'd have to deal with harsh irritation and tons of clogged pores. I'm not using an emjoi tweezer to remove them, yes it does hurt but the irritation is really minimal and your hair free for the same amount of time. Just make sure you apply a cortizone cream afterward

If you want a permanent solution.. Then consider laser hair removal.. I have a few friends who had it done and they love it!! And it works best on people with darker hair.. If ya had light, grey or redish hair then electralysis is the only viable option.. But are fairly expensive.. The the results are worth it...

I know what you mean and mine is worse, I have dark facial hair which I've noticed a lot of dark hair hispanic women do. I just don' want to do anything about bc I'm worried that when it grows back out it will darker.

This is due to the fact that the first time you do this to your hair, it has spent years being bleaced naturally by the sun and now you have new hair coming out. I don't if I want to spend the rest of my life fixing this. Id rather just save up and get it lasered off.

if i could, i would get it lasered off but i'm too young to afford it. i go to a nail salon and get it waxed off, but i know some women bleach their hair.

since a bad eyebrow experience i cannot trust enough a salon with my face, so instead i just use a good pair of tweezers. if your skin's sensitive, you can numb it with an icecube. make sure you also apply a cream after to calm down any irritation. if you want something more definitive, laser is the only option.

Might sound terrible, but upon plucking my eyebrows the other night, I found that I have dark and light hair on the sides of my face. I plucked it all out!!! It didn't hurt that badly, I got used to it and was plucking multiple strands at a time. I am looking into the laser thing because I refuse to continue doing this!

thanks everyone

gosh, i cant imagine plucking out the hair with tweezers, theres just too many hairs...

i wont bleach it, because, once you put foundation on, it will still "paint" the hairs.

I think i will look around for lazer places by me.

thanks everyone

What ever you do don't tweeze. You will get ingrown hairs. I would suggest laser hair treatment. I am doing it right now for my upper lip and it does work. I would also suggest microdermabrasion. Once every two or three weeks. It helps to prevent ingrown hairs and clear the bumps.

Whatever you do don't tweeze. You'll end up with ingrown hairs. I would suggest laser hair removal. I'm doing laser treatment right now on my upper lip and it does work. You should also consider microdermabrasion. Do it once every 2 or 3 weeks. It helps in prevent ingrown hairs and the bumps.

Don't waste your money on Laser! I know that must sound crazy from me (the biggest advocate of laser hair removal), but it doesn't work for light colored hair. I had great results on my bikini area and underarms, but even my dark facial hair isn't going away.

Try electrolysis for light colored facial hair.

You can see pictures of my upper lip hair and the very little effect laser has had on it in my laser hair removal journal - follow the link in my sig.

yeah, i agree, go with electrolysis. it ends up being a bit cheaper, even though it takes a bit longer. with that though, if you find that it stings the first time, you'll want to get a cream called emla, which is the best freezing cream ever. you have to put it on almost an hour before the appointment though, and rather thick. it lasts about an hour too. my moms electrolisthician (or what ever they call themselves) took out one hair when i was thinking about it, saw my reaction and said she didn't want me in her place unless i was willing to use emla

This may sound weird but I have read that some models shave their faces which not only makes the skin super sleek looking but also exfoliates the skin on the face. I have tried it and it does help my makeup go on easier and my skin feel smoother. The only problem is of course you have to do it often. And no the hair doesn't grow back thicker or darker it just appears that way. That's my cheap and quick remedy that does work.

Since I am doing laser hair removal I can't wax or tweeze, my only option in between treatments is to shave. At first I hated it! I felt soo manish, but now that I've gotten over that I find shaving is so easy and so much more effective than any thing else I tried. Who wrote the rules that girls shave their legs and men shave their face anyways!? LOL

I think laser would probably be the best solution too if you can afford it.

I have the same problem and I just wax my cheeks and chin area. I use a cream wax which is not as harsh as the usual wax so does not irritate skin... I would love to have laser done when I can afford it...

Back