Which one is better??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would a deep conditioner or oil treatment be better for dry over shampooed hair? I also would love to know what you all do to skip a day of washing. My hair is short, thick, wavy, and frizzy, I have to wash it daily to get it to do anything. Are there some alternatives to washing it daily, while still being able to do something to it? TIA!!

Honestly, I have found that by washing my hair less, it is actually less oily. Seems a bit counter intuitive, but over time, I scalp has just stopped producing as much oil and is no longer oily. I do not wash my hair more than every other day, but you wouldn't be able to tell. I really like deep conditioning treatments as well, and I think perhaps the oil treatment might be more beneficial...

Originally Posted by natatatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, I have found that by washing my hair less, it is actually less oily. Seems a bit counter intuitive, but over time, I scalp has just stopped producing as much oil and is no longer oily. I do not wash my hair more than every other day, but you wouldn't be able to tell. I really like deep conditioning treatments as well, and I think perhaps the oil treatment might be more beneficial... actully this makes perfect sense to me. if you keep striping the oil by using a detergent everyday then the scalp thinks it needs to produce more oil to protect itself.
i think deep conditioning is better than oil treatments for me. all i got from the oil treatments was limp hair that got dirty very quickly. deep conditioning leaves my hair strong, soft and super managable. jmho~

I have to wash my hair every day or it gets oily. I can skip a day if I plan on wearing my hair up.

Back