I'm officially the coolest mom known to a child, in my son's eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son's 11th birthday is tomorrow (who said nothing good happened on tax day?
wink.gif
. He LOVES airplanes and flight simulators. So, in that regard, we decided to buy him a flight sim yoke to use with his Flight Simulator game. He was stoked.

Well, it wasn't working well in that it didn't attach to the desk properly and maintain stability. So, I asked him if he wanted to return it and he said "yes". So, I got the idea to have him start private pilot lessons and started researching it. While he can't get his license until he is 16 or 17, he can begin ac***ulating flight hours (that don't expire) towards that end. So, I called to see what was available and was told this Saturday an intro flying course was available and that he would go up with an instructor and if he is comfortable with the controls, he will be able to fly the Cessna himself.

I asked him if he was interested in this and you should have seen the look on his face. Naturally, he said "YES!" Then he said "I am going to tell EVERYONE about it but no one will believe me at school!" I said, "well that's ok! We'll take pictures and you can bring them and show them." Also, I volunteer heavily at school and all of the children know me and play with me sooo, I told him, that if after the pictures, they still don't believe him, the next time I am there, I will tell them he is telling the truth. He'll be the envy of all! They didn't believe him when he told him he got an electric pocket bike for Christmas until I told them it was true. Y'all know how kids are!

Anyhoo, I am officially the coolest mother who has ever existed on the face of the earth
wink.gif
Not that I strive for that goal because I certainly don't. My kidlets know that I don't care if they think I'm cool or not because I'm their mom, not their friend (although they can come to me and talk about ANYTHING but, they know that they are not my equal, etc.)

Just thought I would share and thanks for indulging me.

Warmly,

Brandi

That's so sweet of you Brandi, your son is lucky to have such a great Mom.

my bf would love to be your son right now. He sticks his head out of the car window when we go past the airport - he's doing aero engineering, LOL

aww thats so sweet that you put so much thought into getting him something he'd REALLY love and he'll remember forever! Can you adopt me please? haha x

Latest posts

Back