Mineral Veil - your favorite?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll soon be needing some new mineral veil/finishing powder. I was hoping you all would share what your favorite mineral veil is and how much it costs. OAnd also what is your skin type, because I know everyone's skin is different. =]

I personally am loving EDM's finishing powder. I have extremely oily skin (by 10 in the morning i'm blotting) and I layer this first on top of my primer and then as a last step after my foundation.

It has literally helped toned down my oily skin but bc it consists of mainly cornstarch, it might irritate your skin. I'm assuming if you're using mineral veil, which is made of the same stuff, you should be able to tolerate this. I think its cheaper too and it contains no bismuth.

I also love the finishing powders by EDM. I've also used their silk dust and I like that, but I tend to use that more as a primer. I've tried a few different brands finishing powders (bare faced, bare essentuals and a few others that I can't seem to remember right now) and EDM is the cheapest but works just as good.

to me, i think edm's silk dust gives a little bit of a white cast to the face. also, it's really gritty in the jar. but when it warms up to the skin it does a really good job of absorbing oil throughout the day.

I LOVE silk natural's perfecting powder both in date bait (pinky bronze) and the sheer formula. They are both gorgeous and add just the perfect touch, that i use both at the same time
smile.gif
. They are also both under $10 and SN offers really cheap shipping. I also ordered finishing powders from Dreamworld which has gotten amazing reviews on MMM but have not gotten my package yet. I am fairly light and have combo skin.

Creme Toppings

GloWorm Powders

Sheer Mineral Perfecting Powder - Silk Naturals : Pure Natural Mineral Makeup (make up) & Cosmetics

Nothing ever beats my Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19.00). I've tried to use cheaper alternatives but they aren't the same. This is my HG finishing powder!

impassioned: what other brands have you tried? i don't think lower price equals cheaper quality necessarily.

My skin is oily & acne prone.

I love:

Silk Naturals Love Lure

Classy Minerals Translucent & Petal Mineral Veil (both are pretty close in color)

Signature Minerals Angel Finishing Dust

Originally Posted by skinaddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE silk natural's perfecting powder both in date bait (pinky bronze) and the sheer formula. They are both gorgeous and add just the perfect touch, that i use both at the same time
smile.gif
. Same here! I love these two. I love the feel of Silk Natural on my skin. I also bought Love Lure but have not tried it yet.
smile.gif

Plain serecite. It gives me a flawless finish. It isn't drying and gives me that airbrushed look. It helps with oil control in my T-zone as well. You ask where can you get some???? LOL! You can get some at a few places one of which is Coastalscents - look on their website under micas!

Very inexepensive and it does the trick.

Originally Posted by skinaddicted /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE silk natural's perfecting powder both in date bait (pinky bronze) and the sheer formula. They are both gorgeous and add just the perfect touch, that i use both at the same time
smile.gif
. They are also both under $10 and SN offers really cheap shipping. I also ordered finishing powders from Dreamworld which has gotten amazing reviews on MMM but have not gotten my package yet. I am fairly light and have combo skin.
Creme Toppings

GloWorm Powders

Sheer Mineral Perfecting Powder - Silk Naturals : Pure Natural Mineral Makeup (make up) & Cosmetics

I agree, I would go with silk naturals, the shipping is really cheap and the products are really great, currently I am using the angel translucent glow powder its really nice.

I have two from Signature Minerals. The translucent one and angel veil. Both are alright, I usually try to go without it though.

Lotta great suggestions here. =) Keep 'em coming, I haven't decided which one to buy yet. ;D

i love Lily Lolo's translucent silk powder. it does everything BE's mineral veil wasn't doing for my skin. it's a really soft powder, and a bit shimmery (enough to give you that healthy glow). it's a semi-matte finish which i think it the best for my combo skin. they also have a specific powder to keep your skin really matte (called flawless matte). i have a sample i've tried a couple times, it does a great job too.

the only drawback is the price as it's in GB pounds. the full size costs £12 (24US$). but after almost one year of use i still have plenty left, so i consider it as an investment. i'd suggest first you get a sample (0.99£) then decide if you want the full size or not.

Back