Monave on me is gross

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i bought samples to try (different shades) and teporah or whatever it's called was perfect. however, i have never seen such disgusting foundation before! at first i used way too much and then i did it again and used very, very little and it covered beautifully. then, i look at a closeup and i can see all my blackheads and whiteheads, like i haven't exfoliated since 1300 BC. yuck!

am i doing something wrong?

i'll stick to urban decay for now!

Not every foundation will suit everyone. Maybe that forumaltion was just not right for your skin.

I agree. I had the very same problem with Monave, it almost turned me off MMU forever
blink.gif
thank goodness I kept sampling and didn't give up right then! Just wanted to let you know it's not just you.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif then, i look at a closeup and i can see all my blackheads and whiteheads, like i haven't exfoliated since 1300 BC. yuck! I know what you mean! Monave (regular formula) is the only makeup that shows my blackheads and whiteheads. It's so gross. I love Monave for its shades and staying power, but I hate what it does to my skin. It's like I have mini bumps on my face...and I use primer too!

Originally Posted by makeupbabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree. I had the very same problem with Monave, it almost turned me off MMU forever
blink.gif
thank goodness I kept sampling and didn't give up right then! Just wanted to let you know it's not just you.
dito.gif
I had issues with Monave as well as Lumiere. It works for some people - I'm just not one of those people. It actually made me look old - very scary. Lumiere broke me out and very little breaks me out. Go figure. So true too that what works for one person doesn't for someone else. That's why there's a lot to be said for samples - try them small so you don't waste money on a whole lot of mess!
scared.gif

CooCoo

I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank god so many mineral companies sell samples!

Try another mineral makeup.

I have the same prolbem with Alima, it makes my blackhead more obvious and dry out my face. Because Alima is my first MMU , that makes me wondering if MMU are just not my style.

But when I switch to Lumiere, things are different, my skin look radiant and flawless , so U should keep sampling , and one day U will find the right MMU for U.

I liked monave at first , but I noticed when the weather is warmer , and I've been wearing it awile it starts looking cakey , and kinda like its starting to melt off my skin . I've been using EDM ,and it is o.k. but I'm not completely satisfied , so the sampling continues !

I realized that the bumps appear when I use sunblock/sunscreen. I tried Monave (regular formula) again with just my regular moisturizer and it was lovely.
smile.gif
But the prob is, I cannot go out without sunblock (esp now that it's summer here)...

Back