Why do you love makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my gf isn't into the whole makeup thing. Bad experiences with her tomboy sisters while growing up did it to her. I think like a lot of women, she wears it because it's expected of her. A little bit of mmf helps to even out her skin tone slightly and that's pretty much all she does. When we go out, I'm the experimenter who is trying new colors and shades on her. She likes the look but is blase about the effort behind it.

So what got you all into makeup? Why do you love it so much? Is it explainable? Is she a hopeless case?
yahootongue.gif

Well I used to not get make up either. It wasn't until I was 20 when a friend dragged me to get a makeover. At first I just wore foundation to even out my skin tone and gradually over a year I started to fall in love with it. I just love how I feel with a full face on. I feel pretty. I also love all the compliments I get now that I have two full years of applying make up to myself. I was slow getting started but I've sure made it up!

i never really got into makeup until college.

i got a make over i remember at victoria's secret and was amazed at how fun and awsome i looked.

for me i do it i guess cause i just love it and its fun to me.

I am a complete shopaholic. I love shopping, especially for makeup. Since I am fat finding clothing that fits and looks good is difficult but I know that I can walk into a store and leave with a bag-full of makeup and it will flatter me.

I love being a chameleon with my face everyday, while accentuating all of my good qualities, while hiding or toning down my flaws.

I wear makeupwhenever I go out because I find makeupless face looks quite boring and plain. Its fun to wear makeup and it shows that I am not lazy when it comes to personal maintenance. well, that's my excuse anyway.
smile.gif

Makeup is just another fabulous accessory for me. I like clothing colors and styles, shoes and bags, hairstyles and wig pieces. Makeup completes my look whether it is casual or glam. I too have a friend who still claims to be a tomboy at 45, and doesn't like makeup. She feels women who like and wear it are self-absorbed. She'll say "Where are you going?", as if I can't wear makeup just because. I tell her I do it for me, just like I shower, groom myself and wear clean clothes. She has razor burns on her face from shaving her chin area. I guess it's a male hormone thing. It looks bad. I told her to exfoliate that area, moisturize it, and wear a little liquid or stick makeup to minimize the darkness (she is medium complected) of that area. She is starting to see that she doesn't have to have that razor rash that she doesn't want on her face (very visible) for the world to see, and that pampering oneself is a good thing for everybody...

I think I've always had any interest in makeup. I remember when I was 4 or so, I rummaged through my mother's purse when she left it unattended and played with one of her favorite lipsticks. Of course I got caught. So I think it started with my mother and her habit of wearing makeup, every single day.

Personally, I have lots (and I mean LOTS) of facial flaws: acne, "post-acne marks", acne scarring, acne pits, dark circles (and i'm only 18 minus a few days), uneven skintone, etc. Wearing makeup makes me a bit more confident about going out in public. But that's just my primary reason for wearing making. The reason why I love makeup is because it can make us, women (and sometimes men) look our absolute best and enhance the beauty that we were born with, whether we believe it or not.

I think it's just fun. My obsession grew this year and I can't really explain why. I love it
smile.gif

Once High School was over, I wanted a change and started experimenting with makeup since my friends were getting into more and I started noticing other girl's makeup. I use to get compliments on how I looked when I first started using eyeshadows and stuff... so after that, I started using it more often.

I dunno, I've always been a creative/artistic person and this was just the perfect outlet for me. Make myself look better while experimenting around with different colors. I'll sometimes think to myself, "what color will I wear tomorrow?" - it's seriously the type of "dressing up" thing I hardly did as a child. Making up for it as I see it.

Some people, you just gotta get them INTO it... like, because of MUT - I'm more into it then I was before. Before, I probably wouldn't give two-shits worth about certain MU if it weren't for being around people who love to be made up.

It's SO MUCH FUN!! Honestly, I get a kick out of putting on make up on me or on other people XD There's endless possibilities, your imagination is the limit. haha if that made sense. I love experimenting since I didn't have the chance to really get into it because of my mom. she's not extremely into make up like me~ so I had to figure stuff out for myself, go on forums etc it's a blast to me lol.

also another reason why I love make up is because of the packaging on some, very alluring.

I love it for so many reasons, I love it because it can camouflage certain flaw that I'm embarrassed of. It could enhane certain features that I admire. And best of all it allows you to use your creativity, I love to experiment with different colors, it's so much fun I could play with makeup forver.
laughing.gif

Halloween was always my favorite holiday.....be whoever you want. So on a smaller scale when I wear different looks it brings out different aspects of my personality. I love the idea that one day I can be dark and sultry and the next I can look innocent and natural. I love lashes, and color, and shimmer and yes I LOVE glitter!!!!

In my daily life I don't always have time to do a full look, but I am the Mom in my Mommy social network that always shows up to Moms night out in full COLOR!!

And I love it when I do a clients makeup and they just look happier and more confident.

To see a women realize they are beautiful is really great!!

I just think "Some Girls are Born With Glitter In Their Viens" as the saying goes.

I am so glad I was!
smile.gif

I got into make-up when I left school. It makes me look nice, and I feel more pretty and confident when wearing it. Some people have remarked that they don't wear it because they think of it as a "mask", while I believe that make-up enhances a person's natural beauty, bringing it out more rather than covering it.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Makeup is just another fabulous accessory for me. I like clothing colors and styles, shoes and bags, hairstyles and wig pieces. Makeup completes my look whether it is casual or glam. i couldn't have said it better! it enhances everything else i do to present myself to the world.

I wasn't into makeup untill 18 or 19. My mom always wears the same stuff (mascara, lipstick and blush) so I didn't even know all the other great stuff that was out there.

Once I was in college, there were some days when I had nothing to do so I'd end up at the drugstore inside campus, checking out shampoos and conditioners. After a while, I started to check out the makeup aisle too. That's how it all started.

i started playing around with makeup because of the whole CD thing. i am just amazed at how good makeup can transform a face.

Well, I finally wanted to wear mu, my parents didnt allow me, and of course that made me want it more. I did everything to buy mu without my parents and played around with all these different looks in private.

So then my obsession started and follows me today!

Great thread!!!

Latest posts

Back