MAC Studio Fix Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ladies! Okay, I recently purchased MAC SFF NC30, and while I was playing around with it, I got an idea. It's a good foundation, but it looks a bit orangey on me. Sooo, I came up with an idea that could MAYBE make it work. What if I put on the MUFE primer/color corrector in Blue under the foundation (blue cancels out orange). If the colors cancel eachother out, it should turn less orange, more neutral, right? Ladies, please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions with me regarding this 'idea',lol. Thanks!

I'm not really sure. You could try it. I'm just thinking what if the foundation wears off and the primer doesn't so much and you're left with a blue face. Maybe you're in the NW range or maybe an NW powder would work better on top.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not really sure. You could try it. I'm just thinking what if the foundation wears off and the primer doesn't so much and you're left with a blue face. Maybe you're in the NW range or maybe an NW powder would work better on top. I have more yellow undertones, but the NW powder on top seems like a good idea to neutralize the shade. But, I just asked my bf if he thougt it looked too orange on me, he said it looks perfect. Maybe it's one of those things that nobody notices but me, cause it's really really minor, but MAC's NC's have been known to have very strong yellow undertones.

Yeah I know. I use the studio fix fluid. I actually mix mine with another foundation but it's harder to do that with powder foundation. Check it out in natural light if you haven't. It might look okay then or maybe it just oxidized too much after a long day and changed colours.

i think it's a good idea and it definitely makes sense. try it out and let us know how that works out.

Brillant idea!! I've two MUFE primers (neutral and purple) and add those to my foundations almost everyday, they work GREAT for the purpose!

Try it out and see how it goes. I always have a hard time finding shades that fit me too. It sucks having to mix them all the time!

Latest posts

Back