Drugstore recs for wavy hair!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Girls I need your help, I need US drugstore recs for products for enhace/style wavy/thin and frizzy hair, especially for the summer beachy look or for any curl/wave look, recs are welcome!! I want something easy to use , to apply it on wet/damp hair and when they're air dry the look will be ready :) I want easy solutions for summer,especially for vacations that I won't have the luxury for lots of products or complicated styles TIA

john frieda secret weapon. i use it on wet or dry hair to control frizz and enhance curl. definitely one of my hg styling products. i also love john frieda silicone gel. i use it on wet hair to control frizz, then when my hair is almost dry i use the secret weapon as a top coat. the results are wavy, crazy but controlled. i love it!

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif john frieda secret weapon. i use it on wet or dry hair to control frizz and enhance curl. definitely one of my hg styling products. i also love john frieda silicone gel. i use it on wet hair to control frizz, then when my hair is almost dry i use the secret weapon as a top coat. the results are wavy, crazy but controlled. i love it! Thank you sooo much for the recs!!!!

Sunsilk has a new line out specifically for wavy hair called Waves of Envy (in the blue bottle). I currently use the conditioner (even though I have 'curly' hair) for conditioner-washes, and I love it. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it gives great 'slip' for finger detangling, and is even light enough where you don't have to completely rinse it out; if you leave a little of the conditioner in, it helps beat the frizzies that may come with wavy or curly hair. Even though I haven't tried the styling products, they have a Sea Mist which is supposed to enhance waves (I think you can spray on wet hair and air-dry) and a Gel/Cream combo (I think you can scrunch this through or maybe put it on and twist set).

I always use coupons to get my Sunsilk products. They're already cheap at Walmart or the drugstore, but using a $1-2 off coupon usually makes them about $1.50 or less! Hope this helps.

I don't like sunsilk products. I feel they don't work well like they say they do, could just be my hair but yea. I've tried john frieda and I liked it so I guess it just depends on your hair and if it'll take the product or not. Good luck hun.

Latest posts

Back