Sure you guys have heard this before, but which MAC e/s brush is your fave?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I have a million e/s brushes, but none of them are high-end. I but most of mine from drugstores and Target and they really are great, but it is about time to get some new ones so I was thinking about splurging on a MAC brush or 2. I looked at the Website, and there are so many I don't know which ones to choose from! I need to know which ones are the most versatile and what you use it for- lid, crease, blending, highlighting, etc.

Oh yeah, going to a MAC store and looking for myself is not an option- the closest MAC retailer from where I live is 70 miles away.

I love the 239 for packing on colors and then 242 to put on pigments, oh and of course the blending brush, its my savior! (I believe thats #217 or 219 cant remember).

dang i wish i had one 70 miles away.. would love that..

for the brush it would be Mac 217 for the crease & blending.. love love love it.. I bought 2 of them.. one for crease and blending, and one for just putting highlighter under my brow.. 239 is good to pack the eyeshadow on your lids..

if you want to smudge eyeliner under your eyes, the 219 is a must..

but if you can only have 2 brushes..

i would choose the 217 & 239...

Mac makes really good brushes.. you will like them.. beware, after you get some, you will want to get more !! haha

Originally Posted by matteell /img/forum/go_quote.gif but if you can only have 2 brushes..i would choose the 217 & 239...

Ditto.. if you could stretch to 3 i'd choose get the 266 too for lining.

217 and 239 are my faves
smile.gif

Originally Posted by matteell /img/forum/go_quote.gif dang i wish i had one 70 miles away.. would love that..for the brush it would be Mac 217 for the crease & blending.. love love love it.. I bought 2 of them.. one for crease and blending, and one for just putting highlighter under my brow.. 239 is good to pack the eyeshadow on your lids..

if you want to smudge eyeliner under your eyes, the 219 is a must..

but if you can only have 2 brushes..

i would choose the 217 & 239...

Mac makes really good brushes.. you will like them.. beware, after you get some, you will want to get more !! haha

I was definitely thinking the 239, and the 217 looks like its the best at multi tasking. About wanting more, I know I will, thats why I have been settling for my little cheapie brushes!

Oh, and I forgot about YSL No. 4 brush. It's the best for putting the shadow under the eye or defining and finishing up. And it's small, that's good
smile.gif

I only have the 239se and it's great for packing on shadow or putting it on the lid.

My favorite brush is actually a cheap one I got on eBay - but lost it somehow
frown.gif

It's the same shape as the 239 but smaller and flatter.

And my 224 - love it for blending! Love! I'm officially converted to that brush.

217 & 239, those were my first ones I purchase and fell in love with. And yes will want more like matteell said.
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back