What do you do with unwanted beauty products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every once in a while I buy items that I dont like or need. So I was wondering, what do you do with beauty products that you dont use?

well most of the time i stock my fave/most needed items, so obviously i will be using them in the future. the others, those bought for who knows why, i stock, i open and use once or twice, if i like it i'll use it regularly, if i don't, i just stock it until the amount of dust on the bottle makes me consider throwing it in the garbage.

I throw them away. I hate doing that because I spend a lot for it only not to use it. So when I don't use them I do toss them.

I throw it away they are old most of the time and i can't sell them or give them away, don't want anyone getting a skin/eye infection from them, so yeah
smile.gif

I try to sell them on here if they're barely used, something someone else might want and when they dont sell or I am too lazy to post new goodies.....I just throw the crap out....lol. Two days ago I filled my bathroom garbage can with makeup I never use or plan on using.

Stuff that's in bad condition I just toss. Normally I try to find someone to give it to.

i give them to my friends when they do something nice for me. i hope that doesn't sound bad, it's really well intentioned

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I throw it away they are old most of the time and i can't sell them or give them away, don't want anyone getting a skin/eye infection from them, so yeah
smile.gif
same here.

I rarely buy stuff I regret purchasing - but if it ever happens, I pass it down to my mom or sister.

It could be I don't like it for the moment and love it later, so passing it down would allow me to get it back if I do want it back.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I rarely buy stuff I regret purchasing Same here. I usually try to find a sample size or try out a real sample in the store before buying. Sometimes I'll stop using a product for a while and then it ends up in the trash if I decide I don't like it anymore. I hate clutter and I'm not keeping stuff I know I'm not going to use again.

I give them to woman shelters or organizations that are helping woman get back into the job force, same with old clothing..makes me feel good..BUT not as good as the woman who are trying to start their lives over again.

mostly i toss them unless it is a more expensive line that just didn't work for me. then i try to find someone that can use it.

Originally Posted by Mudpiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I give them to woman shelters or organizations that are helping woman get back into the job force, same with old clothing..makes me feel good..BUT not as good as the woman who are trying to start their lives over again. I thought you could only give to woman shelters if the product hasn't been used? If you haven't tested a product then how do you know you don't like it? That's the problem for me. I have MANY products that have been tested one time that I don't like, but then they're not acceptable at shelters, etc. because of that.

I have a tendency to overbuy a product that I try and like. It's as if somehow it will disappear if I don't buy 3 or 4 to have on hand. Product slut that I am, though, I often move on before using my stockpile. Lately, I've been "de-stashing" every 6 mos and dropping it off at the local shelter....

Latest posts

Back