What type of Kitchen Countertop do you have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There's so many materials to choose form these days.... laminate plastics, natural stone, ceramics, composits, even concrete... Something for every price range.

Here's good materials comparison guide I found that looks at all the important aspects including the price....

Kitchens .com - Countertop Material Comparison

So what do you have and why do you like or dislike it?

2026071133_2f8258024a.jpg

I like some of those new composites, like Corian but those seem real expensive.

Mine is 'craptastic', don't have an idea lol
lol.gif

I'd have to ask our landlord..

Lol... Nuri!!!

Ours our laminate plastic with an oak rim on the front and they looked pretty good when I remodeled the kitchen 20 years ago! But they are starting to look dated.. And my wife is one of those people who loves to change things..

So I'm going to be re-remodeling soon!! The new composites are made with some natural materials like quartz and look as good as granite without all the problems of granite.. So I think were going with something like that.

Natutal materials are pretty but are high maintenance.... Funny you watch all these home shows on TV and everyone wants granite countertops and big ass kitchens but you also notice that those people don't cook and eat out a lot!! Lol. Go figure!!

wood in our apartment. our kitchen is so small we have to cook everything on the table.

in my parents' house we have a big countertop (it's even too big when you're used to a dwarf kitchen), also made in wood. i'm pretty sure some stuff has been put on it by the previous owners, but it's not my favorite material to cook.

When we remodel the kitchen, in about 3 years, we will go with some sort of composite. The house is about 20 years old and has the original cabinets and counters. The natural granite and other counters are nice, but you have to be really careful with them. That's not us! So we will go with the nicest looking, low maintenence surface.

so Karren are you going to have someone come in and do the surfaces or are you going to do them yourself?

I'm doing all the cabinetry work myself.. New stove, and probably new fridge... I have to bust out the wall between the dining room and the kitchen to open it up a bit.. I'll sub out the counter tops after I figure out how its going to look! Lol

All i know is i would avoid those guys that staple up their fliers up on the telephone poles. I am real skeptical of them and those guys that show up and want to do your driveway for you.

Lol... Darla!!! I don't hire anyone without knowing someone that they have worked for... Checked out their references.. Seen their work, checked with the PA atoreny generals office to make sure they are not on any list plus check out their liability insurance!!

i know i was jk. in the past like when i needed a roof or something we knew someone so it wasn't a big issue. I have to find some trades people for a few things so i will have to check them out. I should check with my brother. he has an old Victorian (1860s) that almost burned down, but he rebuilt it and acted as his own General Contractor.

i found this for some more ideas (title is the link)

Kitchen Designs Countertops

Modern homes need to have kitchens that are both spacious and practical. Countertops have an enormous impact on the look and feel of your kitchen design, helping set the style and tone for the heart of your home. Today while I was surfing on BBA Design Consultants noticed in their residential works, a few interesting kitchen designs, and decided to make a small inspirational collection here on Freshome, for those of you who look for a little inspiration for their kitchen design. Finally here are 9 pictures with a few beautiful kitchen designs, that might give you an idea or two.
icon_smile.gif

red-kitchen.jpg
modern-wood-kitchen.jpg
steel-kitchen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We installed a granite countertop few days ago but doesn't look much glossy. When contacted to installer, he suggested to apply a topical sealer on it and I am trying to choose one good granite sealer . Can you suggest any sealer that you've used for your granite countertop?

My friend has granite surfaces in the kitchen, she says that it is very convenient. .

When I did the repair recently, the choice of countertops was difficult for me. I really wanted marble, but it is expensive, so I chose from oak, did not regret it, it looks great.

Latest posts

Back