Miley in Vanity Fair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems that Miley is now embarrased about her photos on Vanity Fair.

Sounds like she is regreting the negative comments, not the actual photos.

Didn't she and her parents approve of the photos before they were chosen for the layout?

Miley’s sorry

By Amber Dowling

The teen star apologizes for racy photos

Shocker! Teen superstar (and billionaire) Miley Cyrus has apologized for photos that have surfaced on the Internet and are about to be released in Vanity Fair.

The star of Disney’s Hannah Montana is known for her squeaky-clean image; wearing age-appropriate clothes and maintaining a down-to-earth lifestyle.

So the photos come to a little bit of shock to the fans and mothers of the 15-year-old. According to reuters, the first set of photographs was released on the Internet last week; one of which featured Cyrus adorning her then-boyfriend’s lap, and the other revealing a part of her bra.

The second set of photos, which will appear in Vanity Fair, showcases what looks like a semi-nude Cyrus wrapped in a blanket. The photo shoot for the June edition of the magazine was snapped by celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz.

According to People.com, Cyrus says she feels “so embarrassed,†after seeing the end result. She claims she originally thought the spread was supposed to be “something artistic.â€

As for the Internet photos, Cyrus says she appreciates “all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone.â€

Reuters claims The Disney Channel is backing up the star, saying the situation was “created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines.â€

The news agency also claims that Vanity Fair told Entertainment Tonight that the girl’s parents were on set the day the photos were taken and agreed that it was a “beautiful and natural portrait of Miley.â€

source: Sexy Miley Cyrus photos : Breaking News : TV News : TV Guide : Sympatico / MSN

***Love the comment that Miley wears age appropriate clothing.

i was watching Today Show this morning to figure out where Matt Lauer went to (Argentina). and they had two people on. one a guy (agent type) supporting her decision to do the photos and not get stuck as the kid actor in a rut. Well he got raked over the coals for his comments by some actress for the other point of view.

My opinion is she is a little young for doing pics like that at 15. The photos were suggestive yet not overtly sexual. If she wants to keep all those Disney bucks coming in they don't want parents shutting her off from their kids (teens and preteens) because she is too controversial.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif My opinion is she is a little young for doing pics like that at 15. I agree.

I didn't think the photos were really that bad. At least not bad enough that she needed to apologize for them. To me it seems the media rips her every chance they get. Do they want her to be the next Britney trainwreck?

where are her parents in this whole fiasco?

my parents would kill me if posed semi-nude for a magazine now (and im 23)

Oh my Lord, her parents were there when they took the pictures of her wrapped up in a blanket? My goodness..... I had high hopes for this kid, but it's starting to look like she may end up being a mess.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif where are her parents in this whole fiasco?my parents would kill me if posed semi-nude for a magazine now (and im 23)

Same here.. Those photos are quite provocative for a 15 year old.

it is this kind of thing that makes me doubt that Oprah episode where she quoted the bible. It all just seems like a stunt. Sure, she was directed badly (and apparently so were her parents) but it all seems like a publicity thing.

I think it's ok to want to move on with your life and 'grow up' as it were, no one can be a child their whole life, but that being said, 15 is a bit young for photos like that - especially if they are going to be seen by the public.

I honestly do not see the big deal out of it.

I mean, I get it that she was dressed all provocatively or whatever but the media coverage on this is crazy stupid! I don't get Miley, I don't get the hype on her bug-toothed-self... I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Hopefully, this serves her not to take moded pictures and keep out of the public for a long-ass time. I doubt it, but she should... I don't see how hard it is to stay out of the media. Look at Carrot Top - living life under the radar... bah ha, right.

Here's my reality... If someone told me that Annie Leibovitz was going to take pictures of me, I would jump at the chance, yes, even at 15, and I would whole-heartedly do whatever she told me to do. If she had said t me that these were supposed to be some sort of artistic expression, I would believe her.

As of lately, Annie has been doing a ton of photo shoots that have been under scrutiny, but then again, they always are... and in 15 years, these photos will be in a collection book, and be looked at as "artistic" all over again.. because, it's Annie Leibovitz, the most famous celebrity photographer of all time.

I emailed my mom when this came out to see what her thoughts were, and she would have said yes to the photo shoot as well. Probably because she has a photo book of hers.

Am I the only one that thought the picture was actually very artistic? It reminds me of a painting!

Yeah, I think she's too young to be posing for pictures like that.

I heard her parents left before those specific pictures were taken, though. So they may not have known...

Is there a link to the pictures? I googled it, but I don't think I'm getting to look at the actual pictures... i'm just getting articles that are slamming her dad and her for taking those pics.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif Who is she anyway? I keep seeing her mentioned around. Miley Cyrus is Hannah Montana. She's super huge here in the States. Also, she is Billy Ray Cyrus' (the musician's) daughter.
smile.gif

I have a 5 year old daughter and she loves hannah montana and i truthfully dont think they were that bad she was wrapped up in a blanket and showing her back...she was not nude...like they said they try to rip her up every chance they get ...I will continue to let my daughter watch her show...there is nothing wrong with those pitcures...IN MY OPINION its not as bad as the vanessa hudgens pics..and look that blew over..people are making a big deal out of nothing..

most of the pics aren't that bad.

i admit the one where miley's half nude with a sheet covering her is a bit risque for a 15 yr old, imo

Sex sells! All this publicity/controvery is just generating big bucks for Disney, Vanity Fair and the Cyrus family.
smile.gif

Back