Croutons!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And they are dank-ass! I found this recipe a few days ago and just tried it. Oh man, they are awesome. My first ever attempt at croutons, and I am a happy woman!!! The recipe makes a huge batch, I only made like a 1/4 sized batch. They are a knock-off of Outback's, and I must admit, they are very close.

Ingredients

2 loaves bread

1 lb butter

2 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning

1/2 cup finely chopped garlic

Directions

1Cut bread into bite sized pieces -- melt butter until it looks

like mayo.do not melt to a liquid.croutons will NOT turn out. I used margarine and didnt melt it, just stirred it till it was nice and soft.

2Add garlic and seasoning to butter and blend well and set aside.

3Put bread on a cookie sheet and toast till golden brown. Make sure they are toasted all the way through. If they are soft when you take them out, they won't turn out quite as tasty.

4Be sure and let cool completely.

5Place butter mixture into a large bowl -- coat bread cubes gently -- I threw mine in the bowl and tossed them around with my hands (i love getting dirty!)

6put croutons back on baking sheet and bake at 8-10 minutes.at 350*. I had to keep them in for about 20 minutes because I didnt let them thoroughly toast the first time.

7Gently shake the pan to make sure all are browning correctly.

source

Sounds pretty good, yum!
smile.gif

Back