Do you have a video tutorial pet peeve ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i do.

i love from time to time watching videos on expert village. i found a new series about brushes and the MUA was only applying makeup on half of the face !!
frown.gif

OMG !
screams.gif
scared2.gif

i can't stand it. not only do i have the impression the MUA is traumatised by the last Batman movie she saw, but it also looks ri-di-cu-lous.

i can understand for the eyes, but when it comes to contour&blush, or worse, LIPS !, it makes the model look so funny i just want to laugh. kind of kills the purpose of what's supposed to be a serious tutorial.

yea i absolutely do. i always watch makeup tutorials and makeup reviews on youtube, and there's this one user who i'm subscribed to named pinkiecharm who has really annoying mannerisms. she drives me crazy but i don't unsubscribe and i have no idea why.

It bothers me when people blow on their brushes when they're applying makeup on other people.

Also, I've seen quite a few times when the person will get up out of their chair and be gone out of screen for like 15 seconds to 30 seconds (to get the phone, the door, etc). Why not edit that out? lol.

Those are pretty much the only pet peeves I've got, though.
smile.gif

Oh, it does bother me when people leave hateful comments in response to other people's videos, though. So unnecessary.

P.S. I'm not talking about things like the comments here. I'm talking about comments like "You suck" or "You're ugly". lol.

Well some I seen the ladies flap their hands too much like trying to be feminine I dunno .. lol

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It bothers me when people blow on their brushes when they're applying makeup on other people.
Also, I've seen quite a few times when the person will get up out of their chair and be gone out of screen for like 15 seconds to 30 seconds (to get the phone, the door, etc). Why not edit that out? lol.

Those are pretty much the only pet peeves I've got, though.
smile.gif

Oh, it does bother me when people leave hateful comments in response to other people's videos, though. So unnecessary.

P.S. I'm not talking about things like the comments here. I'm talking about comments like "You suck" or "You're ugly". lol.

ITA 100000000000000% ladies, stop leaving nasty comments on you tube tuts and such. Its nasty and rude

My only pet peeve is I can only watch them without sound. At home i'm on dial up and can't watch them at all and at work there are no speakers.

So I don't watch too many.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif i do.
i love from time to time watching videos on expert village. i found a new series about brushes and the MUA was only applying makeup on half of the face !!
frown.gif

OMG !
screams.gif
scared2.gif

i can't stand it. not only do i have the impression the MUA is traumatised by the last Batman movie she saw, but it also looks ri-di-cu-lous.

i can understand for the eyes, but when it comes to contour&blush, or worse, LIPS !, it makes the model look so funny i just want to laugh. kind of kills the purpose of what's supposed to be a serious tutorial.

Wth, that's weird! Is it suppose to be a demo or something?
Um, I'mma speak from my own videos - I can not stand when you can't view it well, bah ha. So I refrain from making more until I get a new camera with better quality.

And those mean comments leave for other people... I feel bad for them since they're putting themselves out for there for many to watch.

the bad comments annoy me too, i just don't read them. but i feel sorry for the poster.

Actually I think the biggest pet peeve i have is when these ppl make a video of all their looks and theres one i like but no tut!! I really do hate the rude comments posted on there as well.

This isn't so much about video tuts, but when these girls do swatches on their hands, they bring their hands up to the camera, and then quickly pull them back. So you basically see a blurry flash of color, which isn't helpful in the least.

lmao! I know! i seen a few of those

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif they bring their hands up to the camera, and then quickly pull them back. So you basically see a blurry flash of color, which isn't helpful in the least.

omg I am a serial youtube makeup tutorial watcher!!!

I HATE when the person gets on video taping themselves and then they go "uuuuummmmm....uuuuuhhhh...." their eyes are rolling all over the place, trying think of what to say, like they had no prior thought to what they were going to say or how they were going to word their video. UGH!!! I mean you shouldn't script the thing, but at least have a clue what you're going to talk about!!! Hate that, but yeah other than that I think makeup tuts are a godsend and it does take a lot of guts to put yourself out there like that.

oh i totally agree with you everydayglam. i also hate it when people smack their lips or repeatedly click their tongue. god that makes me mad!

the rude and ignorant comments are so true.

i would like to see tutorials be more complete in terms of the brushes used and technique. a full list at end is real helpful.

Half faced makeup..... Must be to show the before and after at the same time? I've done a couple tutorials and I overly explain thing I fear... Don't think I'm doing any more any time soon!! Lol

Originally Posted by sugarbaby71087 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate when people spend so much time explaining things that are either unnecessary or self-explanatory. I can understand that can be annoying but, at the same time, some people really don't get it unless everything is spelled out little-by-little (even the common sense stuff)! I've had people ask me questions about my tutorials when the answer is not only in the video, but also written out clearly to the side of (or below)the video! lol.

Yeah, I do like searching on you tube for new looks and good ideas. But, yeah, it does freak me out when they're on the screen with a half finished face.

The rude comments are horrible, even beyond the adolescent ones like "you suxors" the ones like "you so don't look like *insert celeb name here* you skank" or something like that, when the person is doing a requested look for a viewer, its terrible.

The half face makeup really helps me tho, I don't know it is like a before and after I guess, but now that I think about it, why would it help me to see that at all, I don't look like these people LOL.

I look at it this way, these ladies and gentlemen are sharing some knowledge with me, and sometimes I learn something, so I don't have to many complaints or peeves about it, I certainly can't do much better heh..

eta the 'and' between ladies and gentlemen LOL

Latest posts

Back