Thought Process Flowchart: Miley Cyrus

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
15-year-old singer-actress Miley Cyrus, a.k.a. tween icon Hannah Montana, is now "embarrassed" about a quasi-topless picture of her taken by renowned celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair magazine, the trashy tabloid for rich pseudo-intellectuals.

The Disney juggernaut was interviewed and photographed for the June issue of VF along with her father-manager, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus. She had enthused about how artsy and not skanky the shots were, but is now sorry for disappointing her fans.

A pop-culture powerhouse like Miley Cyrus might have to regret the saucy snapshots of her circulating the Net, but like the video of the VF shoot shows, she knew what was up. So, as always, we have to ask: What was she thinking?

original.jpg

Source

Originally Posted by love2482 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's kind of dumb. I agree.
Haters exist for two reasons - they hate what they cant have or they hate to ride the popularity bandwagon and get their 15 minutes of fame.

This is how it really works:

We build Madonna up - destroy her - then rejoice for her recovery - then destroy her again for having a great life - and move on to...

We build Britney up - destroy her - and rejoice for her recovery - most likely destroying her again once shes back on her own feet... then we move on to...

We build Miley up - and we are currently in the process of destroying her...

*waits for next celebrity*

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree.

We build Madonna up - destroy her - then rejoice for her recovery - then destroy her again for having a great life - and move on to...

We build Britney up - destroy her - and rejoice for her recovery - most likely destroying her again once shes back on her own feet... then we move on to...

SO TRUE! Kinda sad
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree.
Haters exist for two reasons - they hate what they cant have or they hate to ride the popularity bandwagon and get their 15 minutes of fame.

And the worst part is the media is behind this nonstop. They have to keep searching for many different angles, even if they have to create lies, just to sell crap.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh wellies.I don't really care for celebrities lives at all.
smile.gif

i agree, i do think we put celebs on pedestals. but i do wonder what motivates them to do some of the stupid things they do. There is way too much posturing on the part of celebs (doing something to try and get a reaction)

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif And the worst part is the media is behind this nonstop. They have to keep searching for many different angles, even if they have to create lies, just to sell crap. The media will only go after anything society demands of it. Media doesnt dictate what society watches (they will try though) its society that fuels what we see in the media.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i agree, i do think we put celebs on pedestals. but i do wonder what motivates them to do some of the stupid things they do. There is way too much posturing on the part of celebs (doing something to try and get a reaction) Thats an easy answer. They are human. Just like any human being out there - they do stupid things. But unlike most of us - when we do stupid things - there isnt a camera around to plaster our stupid mistakes all over different mediums for the rest of the world to mock and feel better about themselves.

haha, I'm soooo glad I'm not a celebrity. I have made way too many mistakes for them to catch up now!

Back