Huge rave for Dreamworld Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shipping took a little while but I know she's mentally busy.

So, I ordered a couple of foundation samples. I ordered the lightest coverage but afterwards I was worried it would be enough. Well, Morrigan is a perfect match for me and the coverage is amazing! Their lightest coverage is more than my Lily Lolo foundation. The sample jar is absolutely packed full but I want to order a full sized jar. The texture is amazing as well, it feels almost creamy. I love it. So natural looking. It blends right into my skin and it feels like I'm not wearing any foundation at all.

I order a samples befor month ago and Ellie send me this egain becouse I think its missing... I cant wait for those samples!!! I hope I will get it very soon!

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif That sounds wonderful.Do they ship internationally...?

Yes, they do!

DreamWorld is one of my HG foundations, definitely in the top 2 for me, and I have tried more than a dozen MMU brands. I love it mainly because Ellie has a lot of yellow-based foundations and she really bends over backwards to please her customers (she will work with you until you get your perfect match).

Be aware if your an International customer that she has the same policy as Lumiere regarding lost packages - takes no responsibility. That's why I still love EM, they will refund for lost packages no problem, I like that.

i have not tried DW foundations but just received my order of their finishing powders and eye shadows. the finishing powders i am still testing as i bought a quite a few samples but i can tell that the whipped cream will be holy grail--it does a great job at blurring all imperfections, much better than SN perfecting powder. and DW eyeshadows are AMAZING. i just applied them for the first time now and there is no need to foil with these. the color payoff is amazing and the application so smooth. i say DW blows TSS and Cory away in this category!

Honestly, I get lost looking around that site. I cannot seem to find anything. Suggestions anyone?

^ I clicked on everything in the right side bar. The foundations should be at the topmost part of the list
smile.gif
The colors in the website are really confusing and I don't know what to get...

^ Yep that's what I'm talking about. I'm not looking for foundations, but e/s. I do see the link for "makeup/colors", but then there's all these other "worlds" with a listing of colors. I mean, are these all the same???

That site is a mess to navigate - but I love the foundation colours! Yes, the colours from "Foundation links" are same than from "Rose oasis" - the latter is better page to begin the search of right shade.

Rose Oasis

Just ordered some samples of foundations and toppings. I have really high hopes to find a right colour for my ashy-yellowy skin...

Thanks for the link--that was very helpful. I couldn't believe how many shades she had in the peach family--very unusual. Just ordered 6 foundation samples, plus blush, glo, and topping samples. I've never used any sort of glo powder before.

Oh yes, olive/yellow family is really extensive too - I love the shades with neutral base but yellow overtones (quite sure I see my skintone here)! Fair/medium skinned people really should check this brand.

One question to you, who already have used Dreamworld: how would you compare this to EDM, Alima, Lauress, Meow?

Wow I'm definitely gonna have to try this stuff out!! I'm in the olive category but I have a yellow undertone with some beige as well.

interesting!!!...

i go to their website...OMG...i think they should improve that...so confusing

but the foundation shade looks good...gonna try sometime...

i wonder the most sheer formula has dewy finish? because i love glow !!!

Originally Posted by Kamicha /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh yes, olive/yellow family is really extensive too - I love the shades with neutral base but yellow overtones (quite sure I see my skintone here)! Fair/medium skinned people really should check this brand.
One question to you, who already have used Dreamworld: how would you compare this to EDM, Alima, Lauress, Meow?

I've used all formulas of the EDM, Lauress and Alima, and Dreamworld is better coverage than any of them--even EDM's intensive formula. Oh, and I should mention that I'm referring to Dreamworld's Luna formula-it's got the heaviest coverage. The Sands formula is more medium to buildable.I've found that with Dreamworld, you have to use less foundation, otherwise it tends to look cakey and mask-like. My rule of thumb is to use about 1/2 the ammount of foundation I would normally use with other brands. I don't know if you're familiar with them, but I would compare Dreamworld's Luna formula to Buff'd or maybe Cory. It covers very well with just a little bit of foundation.

One thing I've found though, is the colors were not very forgiving for me. If your off on your color choice, its definately noticeable. I ordered 8 differnt shades, and still didn't find a match. (although that was before the new foundation pictures were up...it might be easier to pick colors now)

But the owner is just the BEST! Ellie is very willing to work with you to find a perfect color/coverage. Just e-mail her! She's making a color just for me right now!

Shipping takes a while, but I'm definately willing to wait. I think Dreamworld has such a uniqe range of colors and options. Some have a slight glow to them, some are matte... and I hear Ellie's coming out with 2 new formulas that are going to be mica free!

Latest posts

Back