I want your input on my concealer *pic*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I am really excited, because I think I am on the right track. OK, I bought a salmon colored concealer(yellow just does not work for me). It's L'Oréal true match in C-1-2-3 and N4-5. The C is the salmon color, and one shade lighter than my skin tone(it says Fair/Light and I am a light/medium). I used it as my base and spread it around where I wanted to cover. Then I took the N(a nuetral) in my skin tone and went over the salmon. I have NEVER gotten my circles so well covered before. MAC came close, but this is even better. I didn't set it with powder in this picture, and I have no other makeup or primer on. Do you think the hint of dark circle will go away once my foundation is on? Do you have any suggestions for me based on my picture? I am wonder if I got a C in my skin instead of lighter if I would end up with no circles showing at all.

eyes.jpg

wow, it does look good. Maybe just the angle but the eye on the right does not look as well covered as the one on the left?

I think you could go up to a slightly darker a colour - especially if you want good photos/are going out all night - the lighter the shade, the more likely it will be to show up in photos, so the one you're using now looks pretty well blended, it's not showing up as a paler patch at all!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow, it does look good. Maybe just the angle but the eye on the right does not look as well covered as the one on the left?
I think you could go up to a slightly darker a colour - especially if you want good photos/are going out all night - the lighter the shade, the more likely it will be to show up in photos, so the one you're using now looks pretty well blended, it's not showing up as a paler patch at all!

The right has nothing. It was for comparison.
tongue.gif

I think that it looks really good, even better when you put your makeup on, i can't really see the dark circle at all on the left eye, so it covered it really well.

I use that too. I love the L'oreal concealer, but I stopped under my eyes cause the creases made me look old. But it looks natural, it pretty much matched your skintone to me.

It looks really good. The coverage and colour are a nice match.

I too have very dark circles under my eyes, that are impossible to conceal, but so does everyone in my family, its in our genes.

The only concealor product I have found to do much of anything ( and it still doesn't cover 100%) is Benefit Boi-ing Concealor.

Its expensive and fairly light coloured, but its far better then drug store brands.

If anyone knows of a serious industrial like concealor they can recommend, I'm all for trying it!

Thanks everyone! I am still very much a novice when it comes to makeup, so I really appreciate all the feedback.

I think it looks great, l'd love to see a full face before and after with foundation.

Great match!

It looks great! The salmon/peachy colored concealers really help counteract the dark circles. I've been using the Bobbi Brown corrector for a while for this reason. I may try the L'Oreal now b/c it looks great on you. Let us know how it wears throughout the day!

It's a really good match! I think it'll be perfect once you've got your foundation on.

Originally Posted by jessimau /img/forum/go_quote.gif It looks great! The salmon/peachy colored concealers really help counteract the dark circles. I've been using the Bobbi Brown corrector for a while for this reason. I may try the L'Oreal now b/c it looks great on you. Let us know how it wears throughout the day! I've been wanting to try her correctors forever now. The concealer definitely seems to be working great! Foundation will definitely help you cover it up.

It looks really good I think. I can barely see the dark circle on the left eye at all.

By the end of the day I wasn't too impressed. It went into my fine lines and faded. I did pick up some Maybelline Cover Stick that looks promising. It is Fair/Light, and even comes in a salmon colored tube. It may take a few tries to find the right one, but I am having WAY more success with the salmon colors. I appreciate all the feedback!

Back