Clay, Remolded

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Posted Mon May 5 2:30pm PDT by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks

So the new Clay Aiken publicity photo landed in my inbox today...

Yikes.

Now, keep in mind that I expected Clay to look, well...different.

After all, lately Clay has undergone enough makeovers to rival his fellow quickchange diva Madonna.

For instance, there was that brunette K.D. Lang shag he rocked at the season 5 American Idol finale, when he shocked his "lookalike" idolizer Michael Sandecki as well as the entire Fox viewing audience.

Then he packed on about 30 pounds of body fat (inspiring nasty nicknames like "Clay Bacon" and "Clay Tummy-Achin'"), and probably twice that weight in spackled-on makeup, for his role in Broadway's Spamalot.

And still, when I unwittingly checked my email this morning like I do on any uneventful Monday, I was in no way prepared for Clay's latest look.

Take a deep breath and scroll down:

clay_newlook.jpg
Oh, my Aiken eyes!

Sorry, I don't mean to be cruel. I love me some Clay. Really, I do. But this photo frightens me.

So what do you think of Clay 3.0? Post your thoughts below--and try not to spamalot, OK?

Quite dreadful.

His face looks startling to me, I know he's a young guy but isn't he looking a little "plastic"? As if he's has some extreme plastic surgery or something?

I saw him on the View today. I don't mind the blond but he would look good with a faux hawk.

Still has a great voice!

Originally Posted by horsienut /img/forum/go_quote.gif Quite dreadful.His face looks startling to me, I know he's a young guy but isn't he looking a little "plastic"? As if he's has some extreme plastic surgery or something?

He does look fake. And his hair doesn't look right. I liked the first photo of him (from what I could see). Poor guy.
frown.gif

it makes me feel bad that he felt he had to do that. i thought he looked just fine, but who am i? i guess if it makes you happy...

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe I'm crazy but it doesn't look bad to me. I thought I was the only one.

I don't see anything wrong with the last picture, i think he looks good, he used to look way scarier before, IMO.

I also think he probably got plastic surgery, but who doesn't in hollywood, i've seen other celebrities looking worse/really bad after the supposed makeovers, he looks quite masculine i think in that last picture if you compare to the before ones, he might not be very masculine in real life lol but he looks it in the bottom picture.

i don't think he looks bad either. then again, i don't follow how he looks on a day to day basis. i just think they need to tone down on the amount of makeup they're putting on him.

His stylist needs to lay off the Playmate-thick foundation... I don't mind the hair, very Brad Pitt Pre-Jolie, it's his SKIN that's eerie...

Latest posts

Back