Rant about spouse stupidity.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't even know where to begin. Me and my jerk off of a husband have been saving up to do some major remodeling to our house (new fence, kitchen remodel, tile throughout the whole house kinda thing) and a summer vacation to NY. Well, today I go deposit my check into the savings like I always do. I get the slip back and the total in there now is....just my check. I'm confused so I go back and talk to the teller about it. They tell me that my spouse has withdrawn the savings.
kopfkratz.gif
Confused, angry and curious I decide I should have a chat with my so called "spouse." Turns out he bought himself a motorcycle with OUR savings without even talking about it. GRRRR
madd.gif
I'm so pissed right now. and he doesn't see anything wrong with it and doesn't know why I'm so upset. I wouldn't be so mad if it hadn't been such a significant amount or if we had discussed it first....but nooooo. Are guys really that effin' stupid. How could someone be a selfish *******. Ugh I don't even know what to say anymore.

What would you do?

I would literally make him sell the bike!! Man, just reading this is making mad and its not even my husband!!!

I told him to sell the bike and all the gear. He said no because he's always wanted it.
pedro.gif
I told him I want a corvette but I'm not gonna spend the savings on it. He said I was overreacting. Ugh....I'm so mad. I'll probably sell the bike without him knowing about it.

I'm fuming just reading your thread.

You have every right to be angry with him. I would consider this a major purchase and that the both of you should agree before he buys the motorcycle.

On top of that, there is a safety issue to consider. Many a motorcycle has been in an accident, at the fault of other drivers.

Bottom line, I would get him to return it.

i think you have every right to be pissed. buying something that big without even talking about it is not cool.

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would literally make him sell the bike!! Man, just reading this is making mad and its not even my husband!!!
dito.gif

Umm its not just men who do that kind of thing from my own personal experences.

However yes you have every right to be very angry with him, its not cool to do that without discussing it. If it is joint money he has basically stolen from you and that is not cool. He is only thinking of himself and being totally selfish.

As a suggestion I would now insist on only have a savings account that requires both signatures or account holders to withdraw funds in future.

Wow, your whole savings to buy a bike? That's a huge betrayal of trust, I honestly don't even think I could forgive my husband for that.

Seriously...

I'd make him return it or sell it. What he did is not ok. In any way, shape, or form...

He would return it or I would burn it....ask Richard what happens to unauthorized splurges......But that sucks and that was a selfish move.

SELFISH!

i would make him return it, if he doesnt you do it, since he took the money out of the savings account without asking/discussing it with you first, i think its stupid that he took the money that was supposed to be for remodeling your house to buy a motorcycle?? i dont think so, i seriously doubt my husband would do that to me, he knows id hang him by the b@lls.

Wow, I am like hating my husband right now just cause he's a guy lol. I'm sorry, it sounds like he's not going to take it back and he has no remorse about it. I wouldn't know what to do either. Hope something good happens!

I don't think you're overreacting at ALL, that is seriosly BS.

I guess its fair to ask though this is an account that you both contribute to for a common purpose right? The only reason i ask is i have seen strange arrangements with certain friends of mine. Like for instance both husband and wife actually they each had their own checking accounts and split up who would pay which bill and then put some money away and then remaining money could be spent as each saw fit. I personally found this type of arrangement very strange.

Originally Posted by mrs.jones1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, your whole savings to buy a bike? That's a huge betrayal of trust, I honestly don't even think I could forgive my husband for that. That's exactly how I feel. I feel totally betrayed and he doesn't see why I'm making such a big deal about it. So FRUSTRATING!

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess its fair to ask though this is an account that you both contribute to for a common purpose right? The only reason i ask is i have seen strange arrangements with certain friends of mine. Like for instance both husband and wife actually they each had their own checking accounts and split up who would pay which bill and then put some money away and then remaining money could be spent as each saw fit. I personally found this type of arrangement very strange. Our accounts are all joint. We had set aside that specific savings account especially for all those things we were going to do. We even had our tax return and the stimulus money in there. It's just frustrating because we had been saving for a very long time so we could do all of the remodeling at once. Now nothing...
frown.gif

You should teach him a lesson.

When he goes to work, hide the bike.

When he gets home, tell him you sold it and present him with a dollar.

Then you'll see an overreacton hehe

Originally Posted by sali /img/forum/go_quote.gif Our accounts are all joint. We had set aside that specific savings account especially for all those things we were going to do. We even had our tax return and the stimulus money in there. It's just frustrating because we had been saving for a very long time so we could do all of the remodeling at once. Now nothing...
frown.gif
especially after you explained that i stand by what i said before he was totally out of line doing what he did. I hope for your sake you can work this out without destroying your marriage. Only you know how much you will take.

Back