Asian Color Friendly MMU?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which companies do you think make good matches for asian skin? I usually try medium light colors, haven't found a good tone match yet. I would like something with medium coverage, dewiness, no mixing, and for dry skin. Any recommendations?

Companies with "golden" or "olive" lines will probably match Asians better. I'm Asian with a tan skin tone and I've found matches in Lumiere Medium Deep Golden and Mad Minerals Olive Tan. The closest match for me in BE was Medium Tan but it was too neutral and not yellow enough.

LaurEss Elemental would meet your needs. slightly dewy, for dry skin and a huge color selection. For Asian skin I would think you could try Radiant Ivory, Radiant Gold Or Radiant Yellow, or maybe the Soft level in those colors.

HTH

I'm not Asian, but I have definate "yellow" undertones in my skin, and usually buy shades in the yellow, golden, or even olive family. My reccomendation is Dreamworld Minerals. They have literally dozens of yellow based foundations ranging from super pale to dark. They have 3 formulas, with Luna being the heaviest coverage,(very buildable) and many of the shades have a slight glow or "dewy-ness" to them. Dreamworld has the most unique colors and from what I've seen the largest color selection out there. HTH!
smile.gif

Mineral Silk should have something to match, too - I've been using the samples I got from them and really like the feel and performance of their foundation. I like that they're a Work-at-Home family, too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Joppa and I found my match from their MMU. Leony!!!good to see you here!!! how are you???

can you help me with Joppa? Im from the middle hist.. (Israel) and I didnt find any match...

can you recommended a good shade for me?

thank you!

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Leony!!!good to see you here!!! how are you???

can you help me with Joppa? Im from the middle hist.. (Israel) and I didnt find any match...

can you recommended a good shade for me?

thank you!

Hey hon, let me know what is your current foundation and shade you're using, maybe I can get some swatches comparison for you.

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey hon, let me know what is your current foundation and shade you're using, maybe I can get some swatches comparison for you. Im exactlly light medium warm in Lumiere and 3# 4# manx in Meow.

im asian and i have probably around the same skin tone as you (i look for what you look for). In my experience Lumiere had good quality foundation, however the jump from light medium gold and medium gold was huge. I have to mix the two (and you said you don't like mixing, so avoid this). Monave had some pretty good light to medium foundations that you might want to sample, I found a good match with Bare Escentuals however it does have bismuth so you might want to avoid that. I found an okay match with Sheer Cover, but I sold it because it had bismuth, and I found an almost perfect match with Everyday Minerals in their olive line.

oceanmist has great ones. dandelion and bamboo are very yellow and the former was a great match for me. from EDM, i really like winged butter. i'm very yellow, so these colors worked great for me.

A lot of companies have "yellow" shades.
smile.gif
My fav: Aromaleigh, Meow, Joppa, Cory etc... whether you need mixing or not is just pure luck. Oh and my new find: The Mineral Boutique.

Originally Posted by jenfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif A lot of companies have "yellow" shades.
smile.gif
My fav: Aromaleigh, Meow, Joppa, Cory etc... whether you need mixing or not is just pure luck. Oh and my new find: The Mineral Boutique. Im not asian.. but I have some yellow in my skintone.. and I didnt find any match in Joppa. who can help me with that? please?

hi i'm asian and i found my exact match with ellana minerals! do check them out
smile.gif

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im exactlly light medium warm in Lumiere and 3# 4# manx in Meow. Hmm from looking at your Lumiere shade. You could try
Medium Light #2, Medium #1 or #2 from Joppa Full/soft coverage type.

Or Prairie Wheat or French toast (light medium with yellow tone) from Simple Radiance type one..

Note that Prairie Wheat is more lighter than the pic and with a bit of peach/pink tone. While French toast has more yellow tone.

If you use heavy sunscreen under your makeup, I think get the one tad darker than your skin tone or at least match with with your neck.

I'm using French toast (Joppa Simple Radiance) when I don't use suncreen and Medium #3 when I used sunscreen under my makeup.

Find something with yellow tone. Medium #2 has slightly pink/peach tone to me that's why I pick Medium #3. But I used french toast when don't wear sunscreen (night or afternoon mu)

Or you can try Jenfer advice on mixing the foundation shade.

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm from looking at your Lumiere shade. You could try
Medium Light #2, Medium #1 or #2 from Joppa Full/soft coverage type.

Or Prairie Wheat or French toast (light medium with yellow tone) from Simple Radiance type one..

Note that Prairie Wheat is more lighter than the pic and with a bit of peach/pink tone. While French toast has more yellow tone.

If you use heavy sunscreen under your makeup, I think get the one tad darker than your skin tone or at least match with with your neck.

I'm using French toast (Joppa Simple Radiance) when I don't use suncreen and Medium #3 when I used sunscreen under my makeup.

Find something with yellow tone. Medium #2 has slightly pink/peach tone to me that's why I pick Medium #3. But I used french toast when don't wear sunscreen (night or afternoon mu)

Or you can try Jenfer advice on mixing the foundation shade.

Thank you so much Leony!!! I will write it and than I will order. thanks alot!

Originally Posted by simisimi100 Thank you so much Leony!!! I will write it and than I will order. thanks alot!

I just saw your pic on VOX, you're gorgeous
biggrin.gif
. I think you should also try Medium light I as well. I think you can get away with Light I as well from looking at your pic.Forget the Medium #2. It might be a bit darker for you.

So try this:

Light I

Medium light I and II

Medium #1

Prairie Wheat (Simple Radiance)

Finding the best shade is the most difficult thing on MU for me. So be patient and keep looking and trying
biggrin.gif

PS. Sorry for hijacking your thread an9el3md!

Back