Officially Single

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey kiddoes.

Today the bf and I split. Basically, I had been feeling ever since I got back from my trip (and before) that he was quite distant, and I felt whenever I called that I was bothering him when he was working (uni work), so on thursday I stopped calling. He messaged me a few times asking how I was, but never bothered to call even when I'd send messages saying 'I'll tell you all about it if you want to call when you get home'

it kind of exploded last night and we arranged to meet this morning for coffee.

Basically, he doesn't love me any more (and hasn't for a while) but didn't want to say so since he knew I was working so hard to keep us together. He hasn't had time because of uni to try and explain this to me before, and since he was so busy he thought it'd be ok to pretend like nothing was wrong and then get ME to do the breaking up.

I am incredibly busy myself at the moment with my last month as an undergraduate student, and so I have basically told myself that there is no point in grieving for a relationship that has been dead a long time. I still love him, but I cannot be with someone who does not return that love as completely and loyally as I have.

I have reminded myself that people break up, get together, marry, die or have babies every single day.

It is merely my turn to be heartbroken today. That being said I am determined not to lose faith in all men or be resentful or bitter. I am better off single than in a relationship that is so broken.

I didn't post this for sympathy or pity although I know that you guys will make me feel better. I simply felt the need to tell people that mean a lot to me about what is going on with me.

I'm glad I have you all
flowers.gif

Aww Rosie, I'm sorry to hear that. Go ahead and grieve, because if you don't now, you will later. I wish you luck in your single life!

you don't know me and probably don't care what i say, but it's not just men who do that so please don't resent half the human race for the actions of one idiot. there are definitely good guys out there. it's better that you realized it now so that you can get on with your life, studies and finding somebody who will give you love in return. it's just a shame that he didn't have the courage to do the right thing instead of stringing you along out of convenience. celebrate your new status, have fun with it, and i'm positive you'll find a great guy when you're ready.

sorry to hear that Rosie, but it sounds like it was a conclusion you came up with and aren't all torn up.

Darla, I know I sounded a bit unemotional and cold, but am upset - I'm incredibly hurt and sad that it didn't work out, that it couldn't be fixed, but I'm not hysterical as I have had a long time to think about this and be upset about it. Every day I would worry that he was going to do it, every day i'd wonder what I'd say, or whether I should just bite the bullet and do it myself. It was a massive strain to be under and so while I still care about him and deeply regret that he couldn't be the one, and that we couldn't solve this or work it out, I also feel a sense of relief that I can begin to move on, and perhaps have the time to focus on my degree before I get out there and look for someone else (in like, a year or more!)

I'm sorry to read this Rosie, I am sure you will look on this experence and will have learn't from it and be a better and stronger, wiser person for it. Look forward to enjoying being a single person and without knowing someone will come along wthout you trying. My best wishes go out to you at this time.

I'm so sorry hear that, it's always difficult to deal with a break-up with someone that you care a lot about. I hope things will get better soon.
hugss.gif

Rosie, make sure you do a prayer of gratitude for the times and memories you shared together, and know that Spirit is obviously making room in your life for whomever is supposed to come into it. When a door closes, a window always opens. People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime, but we get hurt because we don't always understand who comes for what. Everybody is not supposed to stay a part of your story..Be thankful, but keep moving because you can't have a new beginning without the old ending..

Sew, that was really beautiful!

I definitely am grateful for the time we had, he taught me to expect more, want more, and that I deserve to have more.

He's a wonderful person, just not a person in love with me.

and sorry to you Rosie i didn't mean for my response to mean that no matter what the cir***stances it didn't affect you. i know it did, but you do sound very philosophical about it

I know D
smile.gif
I realised that I might sound a bit harsh and it wasn't like that is all... anyway, I get you, you get me.. it's all good!

Aww ROsie, I am sorry your hurting, but glad to see your handling it well and I so know that *relief* feeling after breaking up, like a burden off your shoulders. It will be tough,but your an awesome girl and I am sure you will make the best out of this. bighugs!

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif Rosie, make sure you do a prayer of gratitude for the times and memories you shared together, and know that Spirit is obviously making room in your life for whomever is supposed to come into it. When a door closes, a window always opens. People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime, but we get hurt because we don't always understand who comes for what. Everybody is not supposed to stay a part of your story..Be thankful, but keep moving because you can't have a new beginning without the old ending.. I have to agree (with Rosie) that was so beautiful!

It must feel good to be relieved, and finally know the truth... yet, at the same time it has got to hurt. You're doing such a good job at handling the situation, and I commend you for that. You're one of the MUT members that I admire. You're a beautiful person, for many reasons. In the meantime, please take care of yourself.
wink.gif

Hugs, kisses, and best wishes.

-Ra

Sorry to read this. I've always seen you as such a loving girl even though I don't know you, but still. You know there's a world out there waiting for you and someone that will love you as you deserve. For now enjoy your single life, your friends and family. This will be your ME time. It's good you're seeing the positive things in the midst of the storm. You will overcome this.

Hugs for you!

Lor

Aww Rosie
frown.gif
I am so sorry to hear that, I could image how hurt you are feeling, you guys were together for quite awhile, it'll take time to heal, and you're a gorgeous strong woman, you'll do just fine
smile.gif
We're all here to back you and you know there are many of us, including myself who are here if you need a shoulder to cry on. Keep your chin up chicken *hug*

Wow, you´re officially my hero of the day for being so mature about this. Most of us could take notes here...I know I should!

It takes a huge amount of strength to see the bigger picture and to feel beyong the sadness and dissappointment and actually know and really believe that the future holds what you deserve.

I really admire you for this. Seriously, chicken
five.gif

Btw, here´s a bunny for ya:

bunny3.gif

I'm sorry that this has come up, especially now at the end of your undergrad studies. I know that you feel badly, but the sun will shine again. Onward and upward to better things!

Things happen for a reason Rosie, and i am sure that better things await for you, if he isnt there with you anymore its because he just wasnt meant to be, as the saying goes: "Don't worry about the people in your past, there is a reason they didnt make it to your future"

It will hurt for a while, nobody said that it wouldn't hurt, but the pain will go away, it just sometimes seems like it never will and it literally feels like your heart IS broken, i think that your life will be filled with much better things that you deserve, while this is an abrupt change, and change is good, this can also be good for you, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

Just know that now you will have time to yourself, to love yourself for now, and this might have been something that you needed before already, so take advantage of it, and re invent yourself, change at times can be refreshing, enjoy the new single you
smile.gif

*hugs*

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, you´re officially my hero of the day for being so mature about this. Most of us could take notes here...I know I should!It takes a huge amount of strength to see the bigger picture and to feel beyong the sadness and dissappointment and actually know and really believe that the future holds what you deserve.

I really admire you for this. Seriously, chicken
five.gif

Btw, here´s a bunny for ya:

bunny3.gif

iagree.gif
Andi---love the bunny!
biggrin.gif

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I know you said that this kind of thing happens everyday, and it does, but it's still hard. It's good that you're getting this off of your chest and venting to people that care about you. Do something fun for yourself. Eat lots of chocolate. And give Willum a big squeeze.

Back