Do you have frizzy, unruly, coarse hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my hair tends to be frizzzy. i find that products with silicone work well on my hair. john freida products - secret weapon and silicone gel to be exact, are my hg products. i also use a moisturizer before applying the silicone gel. that keeps the gel from drying hard.

I read your thread and it called my name lol.

I have started using Pantene Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner.

I have noticed that my hair is less frizzy but I have to wash it more frequently - every 3 days now.

I like Got2b styling products - as long as there is silicone in it.

I do. I don't shampoo often, and when I do I use a sulfate free shampoo. I use moisturizing conditioners everyday(love Suave Naturals Toasted Vanilla and Sugar). I avoid all silicones. Curl Keeper is a great serum. I use that and Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel. I try and do regular deep treatments once a week or so. If I am lazy I might just rub a drop or two of oil between my hands and apply to the ends of my hair in the evening. I honestly have not found traditional hair care routines to work for my hair. It wasn't until I found the forums at Naturally Curly that I finally got some kick ass hair.

aveda's line (Be Curly) for curly hair is amazing.

its the only thing so far that has really done anything for me.

and tip: you only really need their Curl Enhancer and a shine serum and there you go.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif aveda's line (Be Curly) for curly hair is amazing.its the only thing so far that has really done anything for me.

and tip: you only really need their Curl Enhancer and a shine serum and there you go.

I don't quite have curly hair, only a little bit wavy. Would products for curly hair still work for me?

Originally Posted by FilleDeVanille /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't quite have curly hair, only a little bit wavy. Would products for curly hair still work for me? i have that its not straight but not wavy so no matter what you want to do with it you have to put something in it to make it one or the other.
it works great i think still. it just makes your hair acutally curly. so its not in that whole "am i straight or curly" phase.

Kerastase Oleo Relax line!!! It's definitely my HG!!!!

Yes, more expensive. But honestly, it's so concentrated, a little bit goes a long way.

I also don't shampoo regularly. But when i do, it's Oleo Relax FOR SURE!...

My mom and I both use this line and have had amazing results, so we go in together on the PRO size bottles. (strawberrynet has been a good one for the hair masque and I shop around online here and there for the PRO size shampoo) This helps get it closer to the cost of some other salon products.

Other than that, I've had great luck with the Catwalk curly styling products and Aquage Sea Salt spray and their shine spray. But I learned SOOOOOOO much about how to work miracles with my hair from the naturallycurly site too! YOU WILL DEFINITELY FIND WHAT WORKS FOR COARSE HAIR THERE, I did.

Have fun!!
smile.gif

my hair resembled wet knotted Barbie hair after i went from black to platinum in under a week using box dye and bleach, my hairs naturally curly and was FRIED after. if i left my hair to long without brushing it, it would rat up on one spot on my head and it would take hours to get out without my hair breaking like crazy, ive been using Garnier Fructis' Long & Strong shampoo, conditioner & leave in conditioner for almost 2 years and it works AMAZINGLY!!! NO split ends, NO breaking. it only took a week and a half of using it for my hair to adjust and i saw crazy good results.

i have thick,curly, hair (somewhat coarse)

i usually mix gel with styling cream on damp hair

Back