'Free' credit report not so free....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Love those Free Credit Report . com comercials with the catchy song..... but as WorldNetDaily's Joel Hesech says.... they are not so free as you would think...

"When does "free" mean "you have to pay for it"? Answer: In advertisements on TV and the Internet promising you a "free" credit report! Sadly, what you actually end up with is a charge of $40 and/or regular monthly charges to your credit card"

Full Story - 'Free' credit report scam

You are entitled to three free reports if you know where to go and who to ask...

I did the "free credit report.com" thing. You have to unsubscribe as soon as you get your report, and then you won't have any trouble.

I disagree. Sure if you use that website you'll be charged but there is such a thing as a free credit report. My honey and I do it every year. Everyone is entitled '1' free report a year from either 3 agencies.

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I disagree. Sure if you use that website you'll be charged but there is such a thing as a free credit report. My honey and I do it every year. Everyone is entitled '1' free report a year from either 3 agencies. True, and in some states, you're entitled to 2 a year.

Yeah.... PA it's 3.... but you have to go to the credit agencies and not these third party companies.... I'll find the links for the real free ones and post them...

I signed up at FreeCreditReport. com too about a year ago and got the 'free 1 month' thing but didnt realize I had to cancel my membership after the first month and at that time I had switched banks and hadn't cancelled my old one yet and to my surprise when I went to cancel it I had been charged several months of $13 or something around there that I had to pay. At least I know now that you have to cancel it lol it was useful for the first month I just wish they would at least tell you that after the first month you will be charged if you dont cancel.

Latest posts

Back