Best self tanner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
that blends all together well. looks natural and is streak free. dirty looks not available! hahah

suggestions?

ohh yeah and im reallyy pale..

for me the best one has been a spray tan so far, but after a few days it fades all over, except in the pores so if you look closely you look all spotty

I'm sooooo pale but I finally found the best one ever. It's famous daves (yeah I know makes you think Bar B Que doesn't it?) self tanner. I use the one for fair skin. It's perfect, give me good color, blends easily when I put it on, color comes up by overnight for me (they say about 4 hours) and is a nice natural color (not orange at all). You can buy from ebay or Self Tanner : Famous Dave's Self Tanner

Originally Posted by Arielle123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sooooo pale but I finally found the best one ever. It's famous daves (yeah I know makes you think Bar B Que doesn't it?) self tanner. I use the one for fair skin. It's perfect, give me good color, blends easily when I put it on, color comes up by overnight for me (they say about 4 hours) and is a nice natural color (not orange at all). You can buy from ebay or Self Tanner : Famous Dave's Self Tanner For how long is it lasting?
There's a great review about it here too:

Reviewed and Recommended: Famous Dave?s Sunless Self Tanner

=D

I have been looking for one too!

I'm tired of looking at my pale legs, lol

I have tried so many self-tanners and have rotten luck with most (streaky, orangy, blotchy...even when i follow the directions to a tee!) The best that I have found so far is Malibu Tan. I found it at Walmart for about 6 bucks for a huge pump bottle. I like that you build your tan so you can tell if it is starting to look fake. Its supposed to take 7 days for the full effects but I stop at day 3 because i'm so white. It gives me plenty of color without looking fake. I havent had any problems with streaking or blotchiness.

Good luck..everyone is different so its hard to tell what will work for you.

I am also look for the best self-tanner. I have tried regular self-tanner by Clarins and also the lotions that have self-tanner in them so you can build your own tan every day (I tried Jergen, Dove, Nivea, etc.).

My main problem with them is that they all smell so bad. I cannot take the smell. I always end up throwing the bottle away.

I understand that they smell because of the ingredient but is there one that smell less than the others?

I am also very very pale.

Originally Posted by RepOslow /img/forum/go_quote.gif For how long is it lasting?
There's a great review about it here too:

Reviewed and Recommended: Famous Dave?s Sunless Self Tanner

=D

Oh sorry I wasn't paying attention to the thread! I find that I use it everyday for a couple of days and I build a subtle tan that slowly fades over maybe a week? I'm happy with it because I'm just looking for something subtle so that I'm not ghostly white (and I'm really pale), but if you want something more dramatic or are darker skinned, they have a regular version (I use the fair skin and face one) that might work better.

But does the tan stay when you get out in the sun? I used a jergens that gradually tanned you could tan and get darker too.

i got the St. Tropez everyday lotion in my spring testtube and loved it.  i don't know how it would work on those who are very pale but i saw color within a few applications and i loved the smell.

edit to add: i'm now using Hempz and it smells like berries, not tanner, and i don't find it to be as effective as the St. Tropez.

Back