I thought taking a bath would help me...I thought wrong.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I never start threads. I feel traumatized though and I feel like sharing my experience will help me.

Tonight, after running, I decided a nice warm bath would help me unwind. I lathered myself up with soap, used my awesome mint julep face scrub, and then just soaked for a bit. I felt great. After I was nice and mellow I popped up the drain stopper and stepped out.

When I was toweling off something caught my eye in the bath...IT WAS A FREAKING GECKO SWIRLING AROUND THE DRAIN. THAT IS SO NOT COOL. And then all of these questions start popping in my head and I feel like the room is getting smaller. Was it in the bath the whole time? Was it dead? Was it alive? Did it perhaps crawl across my body while I had my eyes closed? WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
bawling.gif

You know that relaxed feeling I felt? It went completely down the drain when I saw that stupid little gecko. And yes, that pun was intended.

I'm really not a girly girl at all. I grew up catching frogs and lizards...but that gecko in my tub? *sigh* Not my idea of a good time.

Here's a nice visual aid. Just in case you don't have the same type of geckos running around your house as we do here in Texas.

mediterraneangecko0002px3.jpg

I'm totally creeped out now. Again, it's one of those things like if I had seen him on the wall I would have probably caught him and thrown him outside. But in my bath? Come on, dude.

Oh wow!

I would've freaked out...and want to shower, but be too scared to go in the tub again. What a predicament! haha

Don't worry, I'm sure the little guy wasn't in the bath with you. I'm sure you would've seen him.
smile.gif

On the bright side, the two of you are nice and clean now!

Holy Gwock! That would have scared the living hell out of me, I know exactly how you feel, I had the same sort of feeling having a spider on my face last week! Your poor darling
frown.gif
I hope you start feeling better soon!

eeek. I think geckos are cute, but only the tiny green ones I see on TV. This ons is ugly lol. I would have been scared to death!!!

I will never forget one particular shower incident I had one night in Oklahoma (I was an exchange student and lived there for 6 months). I was in the shower and then this huge THING was flying across the room. I jumped out of the shower, with shampoo in my hair and stuff, grabbed a towel and ran out of the bathroom screaming. I yelled for my hostmom and she went in to see what it was...a freakin flying cockroach! (I think they call it Waterbug, but it´s really a flying cockroach. EWWWWWW)

I was equally traumatized as you must be now.

Lmao. That made me laugh for a good minute.

I'd be freaking out too, though. Thinking it was around my hoo-haas and what not. EECK, man. Talk about disturbing. Ugh. I got chills going down my back.

Edit:

Haha, Andi. I had a similar experience. Went to El Salvador and stayed at my Grand Aunt's house - which was kinda open to the outside environment because of it being poorly made. Well, I would wake up next to my mom and my mom would have these FAT roaches in her hair while she's sound asleep. Omg, I freaked out ever since then and slept with my blanket over my head. I'm talking about seriously HUGE roaches and they flew too.

Like this big:

roach.jpg

Ugh, caca!

I suspect that you would have felt the gecko if it was walking on your skin, so don't worry about that. Next time you take a bath like that you should have at least one of the chickens or Meatball standing guard. Geckos are terrified of chickens and dogs.

wow, thats some story! this is such a reminder of how we sometimes have to share our space with geckos, & giant roaches, mice, spiders & snakes.

that must have been scary !! don't worry, like Lisa said i'm sure you would have felt it if he had been in the bath with you. at least he's all clean now !
laughing.gif

something similar happened to me when i was on holidays years ago. i was watching a show outside and sitting near a tree.something was moving in my hair and i kept wondering what it was. i thought at first it was the barrette i left at home as there was some wind but instead it was a cockchaffer !!

i was so scared !! but all it did was hold my hair and watch the show, so weird !

that and when i was a little girl, a wasp had decided my nail was comfortable so it stayed for long minutes, just sitting there (you could see me not moving and hold my breath, with one finger in the air).

I HATE creepy crawlies! EEW!

That gecko would scare me too! I'm glad we haven't gotten things like that here in Canada or any over sized bugs, for that matter!!

Scary when you are relaxed and the see this Gecko in your bath...

Lucky they are harmless. I would have been MORE scared if it was a big spider.

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif That gecko probably liked seeing you naked! LOL! Hahahahaha! that's so mean!
Anyway, I'm really sorry about that MissElaine!

omg my biggest phobia are lizards! and to make it worse geckos! whenever id see one in the house i would go crazy and lock myself in the room with a towel under the door lol. Atleast you didnt see it while you were still in the tub, that would have been even worse u kno.

Could it of been on your towel and fell off into the bath when you started drying off? We have those little buggers here in florida and I would of though it would of tried to run when the water started. Anyway, I'm trying to make you feel better by hoping you sent him in after you got out.

haha Thanks everyone for the comments! I really enjoyed reading everyone else's horror stories. That sounded really sick...tee hee
wink.gif

Afterwards I went back to the door to shut off the light and I saw him in the tub. I kicked the tub and he didn't move. And then I turned on the water to check if he was indeed dead. Why did I do that? He immediately ran up the side of the tub and I made this very high pitched "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!" scream and ran out of the bathroom. In doing so I woke up Meatball from her puppy dreams and put her into HIGH ALERT mode.

Oh. And I stuffed a towel under the door. Again, had he not been in the bath with me I would have been like "Oh. Look, it's a gecko. How cute". But I'm pretty sure this one was an evil gecko and was out to kill me.
laughs.gif

Latest posts

Back