Welcome to the No-buy support forum!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We all know that sometimes the credit card runs in fear at the mere thought of a new haul so this forum is here to support those of us who have decided to go on a no-buy.

You get to make your own rules for your own no-buy. Some people like to set a number of weeks or months, others set a number of products to finish, weight to lose or credit cards paid up.

Each person's no buy will be in a new thread where they can post the terms of their no-buy and let us all know how they're getting on! You can update us as often as you like and we'll all be here to offer support. So, if you're feeling tempted come and tell us and we'll support you through!

Oohh!! I love this!!! This is new, right? I was like, how did I not see this before?
smile.gif

What a great idea!! I was pretty sure i didn't see this here last week. This is going to be awesome!!

I really like this!!!!

I´m doing scarily well with my no-buy so there´s really no point to start a thread about it. I don´t even know when I started, I only know it´s gonna end when I go on my next trip to the US (which will hopefully be before summer).

hi,

i m john methew. i am happy that you shared your ideas in such an informative way.. i appriciate your work.. this thread is useful for beauty tips..

thanks a lot

Everyone doing this is soo amazing.

I think I have an obsession, I could never go without buying... although I might be able to cut down, I wouldnt stop completely! 
Just wanted to say good luck and I hope everyone part taking in this cool idea does very well!!

I went on a no-buy for a few months before The Makeup Show. My rules were absolutely NO makeup products (unless I ran out of something that I used regularly). Skincare was allowed but no makeup. I stuck with it, and then I went totally nuts when I got to The Makeup Show. It was a crazy makeup binge indeed. 

Always good to have others hold you accountable. 

I am in serious need of a no-buy.  I need to go on one for like...two to three months.  Seriously. I have SO much stufff, SO many skincare, haircare, and makeup products its crazy.  I think I'm going to start my no-buy immediately and continue until after Christmas.  I need to start canceling a few subs too....oh boy, this is going to be tough!

I'm officially on a no buy until I've used up what I own. Except for Ipsy, Ipsy doesn't count. Otherwise, I can only replace what I don't have anything of and use everyday, like skin care (but even that will be a while) This is going to be SOO hard.. but I can do it!! I've already started by getting through my massive pile of foil packets, and then on to my stockpile of deluxe samples, and so forth. I figure if I start through my stash of small sized products I can get through those faster... I can do this, I can do this

I need to put my beauty/makeup collection on a serious diet and while I don't think I am disciplined enough for a no-buy I think low-buy is a brilliant idea! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm officially on a no buy until I've used up what I own. Except for Ipsy, Ipsy doesn't count. Otherwise, I can only replace what I don't have anything of and use everyday, like skin care (but even that will be a while) This is going to be SOO hard.. but I can do it!! I've already started by getting through my massive pile of foil packets, and then on to my stockpile of deluxe samples, and so forth. I figure if I start through my stash of small sized products I can get through those faster... I can do this, I can do this
I like this idea. I normally hold onto everything in smaller sizes for easier travelling or overnight stays but realistically I have so many travel sized containers I should just be able to decant what I really need from the products I absolutely love and can get in huge sizes.

Hey guys. I want to join in on some of the threads, but I don't want to ask for an explanation for all of them or read through all the threads in their entirety. This seems like a good place for an overview of the forum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, okay?

Project Pan: pick one item, and only use that until it's used up. (For example, I can't use any other mascara until after I finish this dang bareminerals sample)

Monday Club: pick one item (one blush, one palette, one lipstick, etc), and use that every day all week. Not sure if you just do this for one item, or for your full face.

Hit Pan On: for when you hit pan on something. Exciting because you're getting great use out of whatever product it is, and you can probably justify getting a replacement.

Hit The Trash: for things you threw away, whether you finished it, or you finally realized that it didn't deserve to be part of your collection anymore. A mix of wonderful and terrible items.

Used It Up: You finished something! Great! Or was it? Post a list and share your brief reviews.

Taking Inventory: Do you like making lists of what you own? Good.

Monthly No/low buy support threads: Self-explanatory.

Latest posts

Back