Sign in to follow this  
Orangeeyecrayon

Jayme's No Buy

okay so i have wanted to go on a no buy for a long while, but have not been able to do it as of yet (i have a weakness for buying clothes). any way i figure if you guys are going to be holding me accountable i will be more likely to stick to a no buy.

so here are the rules as i am making them.

dont buy anything...

there are some exceptions though

makeup

• i am only alowed to replace foundation and mascara. and only when i run out
personal hygene
  • shampoo conditioner and body wash can be replaced once i run out.
  • toothpaste and face wash can also be replaced
Clothes

• no new clothes unless absolutely nessecary, and i must get rid of two items of clothing also
Other

• try to cut down spending on going out to eat.. as in only eat out if it is a must. otherwise eat at home
  • for presents try making stuff using what is at home and if i dont have what i need i can spend 5 dollars to get what i do need.
i am sure i will make changes to this list but this is what i will be doing for now.

Good luck! It sounds like you're doing what I'm doing as well - trying the no buy for as much as possible.

Any thoughts on a time scale or are you doing it for as long as possible?

Don't forget to keep us updated!

for now it is just as long as possible,

i dont currently have a job. and i have loan payments of 300 a month so everytime i buy stuff it comes out of my savings, which i should be saving for the loan payments/not using at all. So i am trying really hard not to buy anything.

and yeah i saw yours thats where i got the idea for most of the rules, like replacing shampoo is okay. cause i didnt think of that and i would of gotten smelly after a while if i hadnt included that.

So my no buy just got hard, i got a job today. while i am happy that i will be making money it is going to be hard to not want to spend it. i am going to continue with my no buy so i can save money up to move out.

so i thought i would update you all to let you know that my income would now be greater than my spending.

Good luck!

I should go on a no buy too, my wallet needs it. It can't keep being this stimulated LOL.

Well it's harder than one might think, but I try to keep in mind that I don't want to become like the girl in "the secret dreamworld of a shopaholic" by sophie kinsella - that would be terrifying! *scared*

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon View Post
Edit: so i decided personal femanine products should def me on the buy list. by that i mean those products that come in use only once a month
Haha! biggrin.gif Yeah, that's probably a good idea!

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon View Post
Edit: so i decided personal femanine products should def me on the buy list. by that i mean those products that come in use only once a month
Hahah, that's a very good idea!laughing.gif

What??? red isnt an attractive color to be wearing or something?? hahaha

okay that was way disgusting