FOTD (A compilation of some of my eyeshadow looks...)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of these may be a repost and some are new. I mix and match colors. I mainly use Urban Decay with the primer potion of course, some maybelline, some sebastian trucco, bibo, and TIGI Bedhead....

Here they are:

coloreye.jpg

coloreye3.jpg

coloreye2.jpg

rainboweye.jpg

rainboweye4.jpg

rainboweye2.jpg

eyeme4.jpg

eyeme.jpg

eyeme3.jpg

Here are my more recent ones... ( the chrome looking one was done less then a month ago and the pink eyeshadow creation was done last week)

Copyofl_3e7ad53ad810d8736d368d54d9e.jpg

l_c1333be5a9766ca30ec997ef4862b0c4.jpg

l_525a1433fd6637a59cc8bc8dbc200938.jpg
(the one thing I would have changed on this look is that I would have used a thinner liquid liner brush in the inner corner)

Here are some finished looks of the pink eyeshadow creation

l_fa7607da7122785e9112149c2ab2951d.jpg

l_13e2adbafc2f1d89db7ae1033c0762fa.jpg

l_5e4839837df6585e9b95ca2d346ebd69.jpg

Now all I need is more colors to play with and professional brushes. I have next to no brushes and I think if I had a nice brush set I could really make some cool creations!

I really think for now all I could do is picture tut's cuz I dont have a video camera. I would love to do some though. I really love watching them. There is alot of creativity out there.

you are so good!

question: is the UDPP that keeps everything so fine in term of where one color starts and another stops. In other words even using a brush i can never get that type of definition it just blurs. Beautiful

I use the UDPP from my lid all the way up to my brow line. I use alot of color and then clean up the fallout once I am done. I also mix different colors. Another trick I like to use is putting a white shimmer cream on my lids over the udpp for extra staying power. Oh and before the udpp and shimmer shadow cream I always use concealer and then some mineral powder over that.

I should also state that I dont use a blending brush. I apply it as I want it to look... No blending really takes place.

Thanks. If anyone has some great brush set recommendations for a reasonable price let me know or point me in the right direction. I NEED brushes.

Thanks Baby_V. I am very amateur but maybe I could really go places in the future with it. I have alot to learn.

Originally Posted by Trixie24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Baby_V. I am very amateur but maybe I could really go places in the future with it. I have alot to learn. It's really shocking when u say ur an amateur because this work looks like the work of a pro! I'm dying to know: what type of brush u used to create these? can u show me a pic. of the brush u used, if u find one? please?
biggrin.gif

Gosh I have no pictures of the brushes I use. I use basic sponge applicators, my fingers, and a basic eyeshadow brush by Mary Kay. That is it. I have no brushes to be honest. I have a lip brush which I use for under my brow, I have a blending brush that I use for my actual lid, and then the eyeshadow brush I use for the creases. I have HORRIBLE brushes. I want a brush set. I'm surprised I do as well as I do with the little bit of brushes I have.

Oh and thanks for the eye compliment hrmnie. My eyes are definitely my favorite feature. As non conceited as I can say that.

I would really recommend u to check out ur nearest Sally Beauty Supply (if u have one near u) because they have a great variety of brushes (individuals and sets) at great prices. I tried searching for them so that u can buy them online but they say that those items r only available in store. Good luck! if I find something else for u I'll let u know via private message.

Awesome I will check it out. I was going to buy a TIGI Bed Head brush set but it was about $80 and I didnt have the money at the time....Psssh and the $80 was at my cost (licensed barber/cosmetologists get their products at wholesale prices threw distributors).

I was thinking of a sephora set too. Just dont have the cash for all that at the moment.

Thanks for the pm Baby_V. I tried responding to you via pm but I do not have enough posts at this time. Thanks so much for checking into brush sets for me. I really appreciate it
smile.gif

Oh wow, you've got some gorgeous combinations. Love your application.

Your eyeliner is so perfect. You're very pretty and your little munchkins are adorable!

Thank you. Once I get over being sick I am going to do some more eye combinations and post them up... Im on a roll now. and thanks for saying my kitties are cute. The pics dont do them justice
smile.gif

Oh yes and that was my first time doing flicks. It sure took me awhile. I got to practice that.

I know. I am madly jealous of your eye color like wow.

You say you are an amateur?!
lol.gif

You are lucky too, you have like the perfect eye shape too, and great eyebrows.

I have horrible eyebrows... Those are drawn on. Granted I still have brows but they look non existant. I use a revlon pencil to make them look that way.

Back