Think your shoes are uncomfortable?! (weird pics & scary feet!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Obviously, when it comes to shoes - the Japanese are in to pain - go to bottom for the WORST PROOF!

Think your shoes are uncomfortable?

The latest rage in Japan ....

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

Feel Better?

... now look at the kind of 'shoes' that was worn back in the day of the Geisha... I can't imagine...

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

that last set wasn't from japanese culture, so the geisha reference is incorrect. it was foot binding practiced in ancient china. it has been outlawed, but still occurs in rural parts of china and is a brutal practice. when the girl is young, the feet are actually broken and bound to make them as small as possible.

those other shoes look like fetish shoes and not anything mainstream. then again, what do i know about current japanese trends.

i did not write this myself just got sent it in an email and thought i would post for everyone to see
smile.gif

I think I threw up a little when I saw those ladies' feet. ticki is right, though. Those women are Chinese.

Those shoes are ugly and the lady's feet look like they hurt, gosh, that is just NOT normal!!

Wow..grose, I have heard of foot binding, but never actually seen photos. Painful!

I got this in an email about a month ago it's so gross! and I thought my feet hurt from heels lol

there is a program on tv in Oz called 'the collectors' which looks at different people's collections of objects...

one woman had a collection of those little tiny shoes. I think it's just another great example of how women have been forced to modify their bodies to appear desireable to men.

I agree that the shoes at the top are not only ugly, but definitely look like fetish shoes, not mainstream.

OMG, I can hardly believe what I am seeing there. I had no idea that went on in China. No wonder she needs a walking stick to help her. Thanks for posting

The last pics kind of made me feel sick. That must have, or might still, hurt a lot!

And the first pics, I also think they are some kind of fetish shoes. Some were cool but would fit better in a museum than in a shoe shop.

Interesting mix of the Fetish and Foot Binding topics in the same thread.

In some ways those Fetish shoes are probably like foot binding inthat they put the foot in a very unnatural position, but i would guess shoes like that re not worn all the time.

I actually really like some of those shoes... hehe

That poor womans feet! I have never seen anything like it!!!

Latest posts

Back