"My" way of applying MMU wet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I know it´s not genius, but it works MUCH better for me. So instead of wetting your kabuki brush and then picking up the MMU (or the other way round), I apply the MMU dry like you normally would, and THEN spray my face with MAC´s Fix+. Then I quickly buff my face while it´s still moist from the spray. That way the MMU is already distributed evenly, but the spray adds the coverage and makes the finish more even.

For some reason the finish is much nicer that way. Oh and I use Urban Decay´s Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup btw.

Maybe you guys are doing this already anyway, but if not..just wanted to share it with you people

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok I know it´s not genius, but it works MUCH better for me. So instead of wetting your kabuki brush and then picking up the MMU (or the other way round), I apply the MMU dry like you normally would, and THEN spray my face with MAC´s Fix+. Then I quickly buff my face while it´s still moist from the spray. That way the MMU is already distributed evenly, but the spray adds the coverage and makes the finish more even.
For some reason the finish is much nicer that way. Oh and I use Urban Decay´s Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup btw.

Maybe you guys are doing this already anyway, but if not..just wanted to share it with you people

Hi andi,
thanks for the information. Today I tried using the wet method and yucks..there was one patch on my cheek...awwww...and i was like late for church..so i quickly brushed the foundation and went on the same area until it blended.

Do I spray only once and than start applying the foundation. Wat is buff??? Is it like something like using the brush to dab on the face. I am newbie to MM.

TIA

emma

I kinda do the same thing, I use Jane Iredale MMU and it comes with a spray you spray onto your face when you are done applying your minerals, and it gives such a flawless look, you don't even need to re buff once you have sprayed, it's great stuff, cheap too!

I use the same method that you do. I find it makes it look nice and natural instead of streaky like when I try applying minerals wet the other way

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the same method that you do. I find it makes it look nice and natural instead of streaky like when I try applying minerals wet the other way yeah that´s what I was trying to say, with the "original wet method" it sometimes comes out streaky

Your way makes sense. I always wear loose powder over liquid foundation, I need to try the wet method.
smile.gif

usually I take some foundation in a saparate Jar and than I spray on the foundation, mixing, and than applying on my face. its like a liquid foundation.

but your tip sounds very good and I will try it tomorrow. thank you!

If I apply my foundation dry, I'll sometimes spray my face when I'm done and pat it all over with a flocked sponge.

But then, since I started using the EDM flattop brush, I've had no problems at all with the typical wet application. No streaks or whatever.

Maybe I should try applying my MMU wet. Is it just that it gives a better coverage?

I think I will try it this way rather than applying a watered down base. It just sounds easier to me. Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok I know it´s not genius, but it works MUCH better for me. So instead of wetting your kabuki brush and then picking up the MMU (or the other way round), I apply the MMU dry like you normally would, and THEN spray my face with MAC´s Fix+. Then I quickly buff my face while it´s still moist from the spray. That way the MMU is already distributed evenly, but the spray adds the coverage and makes the finish more even.

Hi andi,sorry to bother you with questions and thanks in advance for answering
laughing.gif

After applying one layer of foundation on your face, than you spray with MAC's fix. What do you mean by buffing???? Do you pick up some more mineral for the second layer?

thanks dear.

emma

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi andi,sorry to bother you with questions and thanks in advance for answering
laughing.gif

After applying one layer of foundation on your face, than you spray with MAC's fix. What do you mean by buffing???? Do you pick up some more mineral for the second layer?

thanks dear.

emma

by buffing you literally buff the foundation you already have on by using a kabuki or flat top and blending you foundation by applying in small round circles.
Thanks for the great tip Andi!! It just hit me like common sense when i read it lol

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif by buffing you literally buff the foundation you already have on by using a kabuki or flat top and blending you foundation by applying in small round circles.
Thanks for the great tip Andi!! It just hit me like common sense when i read it lol

hehe I was the same. I don´t know why I never tried different ways of application. I still believe wet application is the best with MMU, but there are different ways to do it, you just have to find the one that works best for you

i don't understand why the MMU has to be buffed after the spray? isn't it enough just to spray the MMU and leave it like that?

Thats a good tip, I have been using emu oil first, then applying the MMU but that tends to look streaky.

Originally Posted by ag10v /img/forum/go_quote.gif by buffing you literally buff the foundation you already have on by using a kabuki or flat top and blending you foundation by applying in small round circles.

Hiya,
thks for explaning... :)

Back