Sirvinya

The official used it up thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenejayne View Post

I discovered Revlon Colorstay, darn I've been missing out. I usually get my oil free makeup reviews from here: bestmakeupforoilyskinguide.com, but they haven't reviewed Monistat Chafing Relief Powder, and I really want to get it since I hear it can be used as primer. Anyone have experiences with this? To me it just seems weird that some people use that on their eyelids, but then again who knows.

I have oily/combo/acne prone skin.  I'd say if you want to have a smooth application then go ahead with the monistat  - but if you want a primer to make it last all day, this may not do it.

I didn't find the monistat made my makeup last any longer than normal - but it did feel smooth on my skin

This is super late but here are my empties for November and December!! Now I'm all set to begin anew for 2014. =)

November 2013

1) Softsoap Black Raspberry and Vanilla
2) Summer's Eve Sensitive Skin Wash
3) Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam - A bit disappointed with this product. I think for its price, it could have been a lot more. I purchased this as a set of three that came with cleanser, moisturizer, and lotion (I think lotion is the Asian term for toner) because of a blog entry I read about Asian skincare.
4) Lancome Savon Fraichelle Body Wash - Very strong lingering scent.
5) Dr. Jart + BB Beauty Balm SPF 45 - LOVE! I will definitely be getting this full size from Birchbox when I have enough points. I think I found my HG BB cream. I LOVE this product and the SPF it provided. It was just the right shade and did not make my face feel oily after a day at work.
6) Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara - Clumps, not good.
7) Murad Essential C Serum - Had to toss this. Red irritation spots after a few days of use. Kinda disappointed.
8) Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisturizer SPF 18 - Part of a set of three. It wasn't bad but also not worth the price tag. I'd rather use something else with higher SPF.
9) Herbal Essences Body Wash
10) Wei Mud Mask - LOVE! This mask is heavenly. I got this from a birchbox mystery two pack. Kinda wish the packaging is a bit different. I got three uses out of one of those pods.
11) Sebastian Drench Conditioner - I think I got this sample from a Ulta purchase. It's a really nice conditioner.
12) Aldrey Collagen & Almond Moisturizing Lotion - Average.
13) Murad Age Balancing Night Cream - Gentler than their Essential C line. Did not make me break out.
14) Murad Essential C Day Moisture - Broke me out. I'm just gonna give up with Murad's Essential C line. I was really taken in because of the "fades dark spots" advertising.
15) Smashbox BB Cream - Wasn't too bad but got oily faster throughout the day compared to Dr. Jart.
16) Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo
17) Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Conditioner
18) Miss Jessie's Creme De La Creme Conditioner
19) Caldrea Tea Olive Lime Body Lotion
20) Julep Luxe Repair Skin Serum - LOVE! This skin serum is heavenly and I really want more of it. But judging by the speed I used up that sample packet, it seems like one of those products that will be gone in no time.
21) Lancome Tresor Eau de Parfum - I think this was from Birchbox but I don't really remember. It's kind of a mature classic ambery musk scent. Supposedly, it has some fruits and florals but I barely smell any. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why I kept using it but before I knew it, the sample was all used up. Maybe my subconscious was trying to say something.

December 2013

1) Lancome Exfoliant Fraichelle - So just when I thought I was done with this scent last month, I got sent another in the form of body scrub instead of gel wash. Prefer this scrub to the gel wash.
2) N4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - I would rate this under both Beauty Protector and uniqOne All in One Hair Treatment. My preference is for the uniqOne.
3) Wet n Wild Clear Nail Protector - I got this clear polish to try to mix my own nail polish. I mixed iridescent glitter and mini blue glitter stars. It ended up more as a starry top coat than a colored polish.
4) Beauty Protector Shampoo - Did not like. It seemed to make my hair more dependant on daily shampooing.
5) Beauty Protector Conditioner - The conditioner, on the other hand, isn't bad.
6) DermOrganic Facial Moisturizer - Very decent moisturizer. Would have been even better if it had spf.
7) Vasanti BrightenUp! Face Scrub - I got this again as a Birchbox dupe. I liked it a lot more this time. 
8) Juliet Has a Gun Not a Perfume - I do like this sample but I'm not sure I would pay full price for it. 
9) Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask - Got two uses from one foil. Didn't like it too much. It smelled a bit like herbal medicine.
10) Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Light Shade SPF15 - I think this is only available in two shades, light or medium. The coverage is a bit on the sheer side.
11) 100% Pure Green Apple Nourishing Body Cream x3 - These were single use packets. Not very moisturizing though. But then it is winter right now so my skin is ultra dry.
12) Sephora Masque Instant Moisture Mask - Do not follow the instructions on the back. The instructions said this is a single use packet and to pour this into the provided cup and shake/mix with water. It is not single use at all, more like 8-10 uses. The cup that it came in was large and useless. I used an empty samples jar and mixed as needed. The water takes a while to be fully absorbed by the powder so don't use too much. A little goes a long way.

(Thought it would be fun to go back to review and list my empties that I favorited this year. I'm soo glad this thread helped me keep my samples cabinet under control, haha!)

2013 Empties Favorites

Hair Care
Davines Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion
uniqOne All in One Hair Treatment

Skincare - Day
Dr. Jart+ BB Cream SPF45
Coola Classic Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 Cucumber

Skincare - Night
Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
Julep Luxe Skin Serum

MISC
WEI Mud Mask

This is super late but here are my empties for November and December!! Now I'm all set to begin anew for 2014. =) November 2013 LL LL 1) Softsoap Black Raspberry and Vanilla 2) Summer's Eve Sensitive Skin Wash 3) Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam - A bit disappointed with this product. I think for its price, it could have been a lot more. I purchased this as a set of three that came with cleanser, moisturizer, and lotion (I think lotion is the Asian term for toner) because of a blog entry I read about Asian skincare. 4) Lancome Savon Fraichelle Body Wash - Very strong lingering scent. 5) Dr. Jart + BB Beauty Balm SPF 45 - LOVE! I will definitely be getting this full size from Birchbox when I have enough points. I think I found my HG BB cream. I LOVE this product and the SPF it provided. It was just the right shade and did not make my face feel oily after a day at work. 6) Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara - Clumps, not good. 7) Murad Essential C Serum - Had to toss this. Red irritation spots after a few days of use. Kinda disappointed. 8) Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisturizer SPF 18 - Part of a set of three. It wasn't bad but also not worth the price tag. I'd rather use something else with higher SPF. 9) Herbal Essences Body Wash 10) Wei Mud Mask - LOVE! This mask is heavenly. I got this from a birchbox mystery two pack. Kinda wish the packaging is a bit different. I got three uses out of one of those pods. 11) Sebastian Drench Conditioner - I think I got this sample from a Ulta purchase. It's a really nice conditioner. 12) Aldrey Collagen & Almond Moisturizing Lotion - Average. 13) Murad Age Balancing Night Cream - Gentler than their Essential C line. Did not make me break out. 14) Murad Essential C Day Moisture - Broke me out. I'm just gonna give up with Murad's Essential C line. I was really taken in because of the "fades dark spots" advertising. 15) Smashbox BB Cream - Wasn't too bad but got oily faster throughout the day compared to Dr. Jart. 16) Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo 17) Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Conditioner 18) Miss Jessie's Creme De La Creme Conditioner 19) Caldrea Tea Olive Lime Body Lotion 20) Julep Luxe Repair Skin Serum - LOVE! This skin serum is heavenly and I really want more of it. But judging by the speed I used up that sample packet, it seems like one of those products that will be gone in no time. 21) Lancome Tresor Eau de Parfum - I think this was from Birchbox but I don't really remember. It's kind of a mature classic ambery musk scent. Supposedly, it has some fruits and florals but I barely smell any. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why I kept using it but before I knew it, the sample was all used up. Maybe my subconscious was trying to say something. December 2013 LL 1) Lancome Exfoliant Fraichelle - So just when I thought I was done with this scent last month, I got sent another in the form of body scrub instead of gel wash. Prefer this scrub to the gel wash. 2) N4 Super Comb Prep & Protect - I would rate this under both Beauty Protector and uniqOne All in One Hair Treatment. My preference is for the uniqOne. 3) Wet n Wild Clear Nail Protector - I got this clear polish to try to mix my own nail polish. I mixed iridescent glitter and mini blue glitter stars. It ended up more as a starry top coat than a colored polish. 4) Beauty Protector Shampoo - Did not like. It seemed to make my hair more dependant on daily shampooing. 5) Beauty Protector Conditioner - The conditioner, on the other hand, isn't bad. 6) DermOrganic Facial Moisturizer - Very decent moisturizer. Would have been even better if it had spf. 7) Vasanti BrightenUp! Face Scrub - I got this again as a Birchbox dupe. I liked it a lot more this time.  8) Juliet Has a Gun Not a Perfume - I do like this sample but I'm not sure I would pay full price for it.  9) Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask - Got two uses from one foil. Didn't like it too much. It smelled a bit like herbal medicine. 10) Pond's Luminous Finish BB+ Light Shade SPF15 - I think this is only available in two shades, light or medium. The coverage is a bit on the sheer side. 11) 100% Pure Green Apple Nourishing Body Cream x3 - These were single use packets. Not very moisturizing though. But then it is winter right now so my skin is ultra dry. 12) Sephora Masque Instant Moisture Mask - Do not follow the instructions on the back. The instructions said this is a single use packet and to pour this into the provided cup and shake/mix with water. It is not single use at all, more like 8-10 uses. The cup that it came in was large and useless. I used an empty samples jar and mixed as needed. The water takes a while to be fully absorbed by the powder so don't use too much. A little goes a long way. (Thought it would be fun to go back to review and list my empties that I favorited this year. I'm soo glad this thread helped me keep my samples cabinet under control, haha!) 2013 Empties Favorites Hair Care Davines Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion uniqOne All in One Hair Treatment Skincare - Day Dr. Jart+ BB Cream SPF45 Coola Classic Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 30 Cucumber Skincare - Night Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum Julep Luxe Skin Serum MISC WEI Mud Mask
Thanks for sharing your favorites! I have the Dr jart sample but haven't tried it yet, now I really want to try it!

Better late than never!! Here are my December empties!! Full size: CVS complete care anti cavity mouthwash Nexxus color assure shampoo & conditioner-I HATED this shampoo, it was goopy and thick and didn't lather well, was hard to rinse out, I'm glad it's gone, would not buy it again B&BW Tuscan herbs candle-my fiancée picked this scent out and we both loved it, would buy it again Herbal Essences tousle me softly finishing touch cream-I don't think they make this anymore, it took me forever to use up, but I liked it, it made my hair smell good Clean & Clear boost mango & papaya body wash-I liked it, smelled really good Apple cinnamon parfait hand lotion-it smelled really good, I think it's just a dollar store item, I got it in a gift exchange at work, but it worked nicely for a cheap lotion Freeman anti stress foaming bath Dead Sea minerals-I liked it, but I take a bath every day and the tube just seemed to be gone very quickly, not sure I'd buy it for just that reason Target brand nail polish remover-worked fine Avon Hawaiian shores moisture gel-I liked this, a bit light for the wintertime, but I'm concentrating on using up things that are open Schlick hydro silk razor blade B&BW frosted snowberry shower gel/bubble bath-I liked this, smelled really good and was sparkley Lady speed stick sparkling lime coconut-I love the scent, would buy this one again Sample size: Dove clear tone deodorant-worked fine Crest complete with scope 2 hotel lotion bottles-slowly but surely I am getting through my gallon size ziplock bag of these!!! Lol Puffs tissues Foils: Freeman charcoal & black sugar polishing mask-I don't get the hype, it didn't stay on like a mask, it was hard to spread on my face, kept falling off in chunks, It did make my skin feel soft, but it wasn't worth the fuss Caldera ginger pomelo hand soap and sea salt neroli soap-liked both, they smelled good, but they don't lather up too well Tossed: Julep body scrub thingy-hated this thing, way too scratchy and hard to use, it kept sliding off my hand Blink gel tears-expired

I just used up my l'oreal daily moisturizer and I am just a few days away from using up the UD eye shadow primer. Also used up a few smashbox primer samples and a hair masque foil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrst909 View Post

Thanks for sharing your favorites! I have the Dr jart sample but haven't tried it yet, now I really want to try it!

Hope you like it when you get to try it!! I really want to try the black label Dr. Jart BB before I make a purchase (don't have enough points yet) but I have yet to come across a sample of it in any boxes. Come ooonnn, Birchbox, hint hint! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMami View Post

we're only 8 days into the month and already i've finished up 3 glosses - one just today

HOORAY:clap

Nice going!! =)

Quote:

we're only 8 days into the month and already i've finished up 3 glosses - one just today

Wow, congrats! :clap Which ones did you finish? Did you like them or were you just happy to be done with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenejayne View Post

I discovered Revlon Colorstay, darn I've been missing out. I usually get my oil free makeup reviews from here: bestmakeupforoilyskinguide.com, but they haven't reviewed Monistat Chafing Relief Powder, and I really want to get it since I hear it can be used as primer. Anyone have experiences with this? To me it just seems weird that some people use that on their eyelids, but then again who knows.

A lot of people say it's a dupe for the Smashbox primer, and they definitely seem to have the same consistency, feel, and smell. I might try it as a face primer someday, but I don't think I would ever use it as an eye primer. It seems to me like eye primers and face primers have different duties. 

Quote:

Way to go! that's quite a feat. 

I just finished up a bottle of Derma E Vitamin A Glycolic cleanser. Love this stuff!!! I discovered it in my RadiantOne Box and promptly ordered a bottle, just finished that bottle and bought another. I NEVER rebuy skin products. I'm always on the look out for something better but this stuff doesn't break me out and does a good job so I'm sticking with it!

Since this thread is here, I might as well admit with a heavy heart that my beloved Falsies mascara is empTy.  I loved it so much I couldn't come to terms with it being all gone and having to buy a new one so i just kept dipping the wand in and scraping the sides to get every last bit.  This evening the empty container will be put to rest in the trashcan :'( lol

Recent Empties:

Isaac Mizrahi Fabulous perfume sample (nice, would not purchase FS)

Vasanti Brighten Up! deluxe sample (LOOOOVED IT)

UD Primer Potion sample (my HG, already started on another UDPP sample!)

....aaaaand.....  My Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange lotion from Jan 2013 Ipsy!  I loved it, but there are other Pacifica scents I like more.  Might repurchase on sale.

So happy to finally have some empties to brag about!  

Completely panned my HG foundation Revlon ColorStay whipped. You could see all of the glass inside, it was so spotless. Since it's the only foundation I use this isn't a totally shocking development but I'm happy each time I finish a jar. I think I'm on my 4th? You know a product's a holy grail when you use that many! :icon_chee

I'm currently trying to use up all of my foundations that I use on a daily basis, before purchasing new ones. However, as a beauty blogger, I find this to be very hard! Lol. I'm constantly wanting to purchase new products.

Just used up a Stila Smudge Stick in "Damsel" (it came with my In The Light palette). Holy crap, there's not much product in Stila's eyeliners! I feel like I barely used the thing. Oh, well...still love that palette and love the brand.

Just used up a Stila Smudge Stick in "Damsel" (it came with my In The Light palette). Holy crap, there's not much product in Stila's eyeliners! I feel like I barely used the thing. Oh, well...still love that palette and love the brand.
It sounds like I lucked out then. When I bought my In The Light palette from Sephora, the eyeliner would not work, it would not twist up. So,they offered to give me any other eyeliner they had since they were out of the Stila. I picked up a UD 24/7 pencil in a similar shade and it's big enough that it will last me a long while. Edited to correct mistakes...stupid autocorrect. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

It sounds like I left out then. When I bought my In The Light palette from Sephora, the eyeliner would not work, it would not twist up. So,they offered to give me any other eyeliner they had since they were out of the Stila. I picked up a UD 24/7 pencil in a similar shade and it's big enough that it will last me a long while.

those stila eyeliner are a pain to work with...mine would not twist up, and i have to wiggle, shake, squeeze...etc to get it to work.. it would eventually work, but kinda annoying..

This is surprising. I also had the Damsel liner from the Stila In the Light pallet and it lasted for months of daily use. It was one of my fave eyeliners and I bought another when it ran out. I haven't actually used my other one yet, but now I don't know if I got lucky with mine or if you got unlucky with yours. I guess I'll have to use my other one to find out :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post
When I bought my In The Light palette from Sephora, the eyeliner would not work, it would not twist up.

You know, I wonder if that was the case with mine. I have a ton of products, so I lose track of what I'm making use of sometimes, but I seriously don't recall using that pencil that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku View Post

those stila eyeliner are a pain to work with...mine would not twist up, and i have to wiggle, shake, squeeze...etc to get it to work.. it would eventually work, but kinda annoying..

OMG - you totally called it! I retrieved the stupid thing from the wastebasket, messed with it for awhile, and it does indeed twist up. Jeez...

This was the week of finished skincare for me. I finished my Mario Badescu cucumber cleansing lotion and enzyme cleansing gel, both of which I have backups for. Burt's Bees moisturizing shampoo is done, which I was using to clean makeup brushes since it didn't clean my hair well. Won't repurchase that. I also finished a Marc Jacobs Dot sample and already have a bottle of that.