Sirvinya

The official used it up thread!

This week I finished: -L'Oreal True Match blush in Baby Blossom -Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder -BBW travel size Warm Vanilla Sugar body mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueCera View Post

This was the week of finished skincare for me. I finished my Mario Badescu cucumber cleansing lotion and enzyme cleansing gel, both of which I have backups for. Burt's Bees moisturizing shampoo is done, which I was using to clean makeup brushes since it didn't clean my hair well. Won't repurchase that. I also finished a Marc Jacobs Dot sample and already have a bottle of that.

How did you like the Mario Badescu products?  I've been looking at a strawberry scrub from that line.

Also, I love the MJ Dot perfume.  It's heavenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

How did you like the Mario Badescu products?  I've been looking at a strawberry scrub from that line.

I don't know if you've ever seen the samples thread on here ( â€‹ just in case you wanna check it out), but through that thread I found that you can get totally free samples from Mario Badescu by taking a questionnaire on their website.  I received the strawberry scrub from them when I requested samples.  I haven't used it at all yet, but I thought I'd warn you that when I opened it I was expecting a yummy sweet scent... it almost smelled like cough syrup to me!  It just seemed like the scent was very sharp if that makes any sense.  I'm still going to use it and it looks like it will work wonderfully, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all so I thought you might want to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorgb View Post

I don't know if you've ever seen the samples thread on here ( â€‹ just in case you wanna check it out), but through that thread I found that you can get totally free samples from Mario Badescu by taking a questionnaire on their website.  I received the strawberry scrub from them when I requested samples.  I haven't used it at all yet, but I thought I'd warn you that when I opened it I was expecting a yummy sweet scent... it almost smelled like cough syrup to me!  It just seemed like the scent was very sharp if that makes any sense.  I'm still going to use it and it looks like it will work wonderfully, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all so I thought you might want to know!

Thanks!  I will take that one off my wish list. 

I don't know if you've ever seen the samples thread on here ( [CONTENTEMBED=/t/127979/what-companies-have-you-gotten-samples-from layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED] just in case you wanna check it out), but through that thread I found that you can get totally free samples from Mario Badescu by taking a questionnaire on their website.  I received the strawberry scrub from them when I requested samples.  I haven't used it at all yet, but I thought I'd warn you that when I opened it I was expecting a yummy sweet scent... it almost smelled like cough syrup to me!  It just seemed like the scent was very sharp if that makes any sense.  I'm still going to use it and it looks like it will work wonderfully, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all so I thought you might want to know!
THANK YOU for posting this. I had some of their stuff in my cart at ulta but wanted to think it over. My skin breaks out SO EASILY so I am mega excited about the potential for samples before I buy!

Quote:

Quote:

I love the enzyme cleansing gel! My skin is less oily and I get less breakouts. I tend to only get hormonal acne at this point, and even those occur less frequently. The cucumber lotion is nice too.

@amorgb is right about the smell of some of these. The enzyme cleanser doesn't have a strong smell, but some do and they aren't that pleasant. I used the questionnaire to try too. Ulta also carries the brand in smaller sizes.

• Like 1

Quote:

Thanks!  I will take that one off my wish list. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSquared View Post

THANK YOU for posting this. I had some of their stuff in my cart at ulta but wanted to think it over. My skin breaks out SO EASILY so I am mega excited about the potential for samples before I buy!

Glad I could help!  @BSquared I love the samples for that!

And like @QueCera said, the enzyme cleansing gel doesn't have much of a smell (but I actually like the bit of a scent it has).  I guess my point is that sometimes its really hit-or-miss because I like the smell of about half of the samples I received and don't like the other half.  Also, thanks for your opinion about the cleansing gel @QueCera, I haven't tried it yet so that was great to hear!

Quote:

Glad I could help!  @BSquared I love the samples for that!

And like @QueCera said, the enzyme cleansing gel doesn't have much of a smell (but I actually like the bit of a scent it has).  I guess my point is that sometimes its really hit-or-miss because I like the smell of about half of the samples I received and don't like the other half.  Also, thanks for your opinion about the cleansing gel @QueCera, I haven't tried it yet so that was great to hear!

No problem! I like the smell too, it's kinda refreshing. I haven't tried a ton of the other stuff, so it's good to hear about the scrub.

I just finished my second sample of Clarins Total Double Serum. Two of the sample size containers somehow found their way into my most recent Hautelook bag and it just so happens that was the perfect test amount! I have a bad habit of getting hooked on the most expensive products and this is no exception. I have to admit that the results are the closest thing to injection results I've ever seen. Given that Dysport (upgraded, non toxin cousin of Botox) injections cost me $300 twice a year (started getting them in my early 30s so now at 38 I only need it once a year at most since my forehead muscles have atrophied nicely), Clarins $129 price tag seems like a steal. At least that's how I'll be explaining it to hubby. It helps that he spends about $800 a weekend on flying and golf. I told him that beauty and fashion ARE my golf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaNichole View Post

A few of my recent empties. There were more that I didn't get a chance to take pictures of. smile.gif400

I got the Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask from that same brand! I'm barely half way done with it though. They give so much product for the price!! What did you think of the Mint & Lemon mask? I was thinking of getting it too but made myself pick only one.

Posting a bit early so I can toss these out and salvage those empty jars. =)

1) Axe Dark Temptation Revitalizing Shower Gel - Got suckered into helping my bf finish this. He got four huge bottles of these from a $1 clearance sale. Yes, four, sigh.

2) Styled by Hayadi Pure Happy Smooth - Really nice hair smoothing product, great for smoothing out hair static. It also serves as a heat protectant when blow drying.

3) Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - This product is awesome. The scent (rosemary, chamomile, eucalyptus) makes it so soothing to wash my face with this in the shower right before bed. It is a really thick cream. I like to leave it on my face for a few minutes (5-10 mins) before washing it off with the cloth. It's really relaxing to close my eyes and just breath in the scents to wind down after a long day. Very tempted to buy the full size.

4) DermOrganic Soapless Facial Cleanser - This little bottle took me over four months to use because I keep getting distracted with trying other products. It is oil and fragrance free. Very gentle cleanser! The label claims it removes makeup but it wasn't enough to completely remove my current non-waterproof eyeliner (Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner).

5) Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips - Fun to use, really thick. Hard to squeeze out of the tube in colder weather so had to roll the tube between my hands to warm it up a bit before use.

6) L'oreal Testing Panel Pink Shimmery Serum - I don't know what this serum is. It's the pink shimmery one from one of their serum studies. This product is amazing, wish I knew the name.

7) Soin Gommant Purifiant G-1 - This is an exfoliant facial scrub by Benta Berry. Product was kind of runny and the scrubbing seeds were very sparce. Didn't do much for me. I heard a lot of people got a skin reaction from this brand so I did a spot test on the back of my hand first.

8) Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher - I've never used a product like this before but the description on the Birchbox site reminded me of another product (CURE Natural Aqua Gel) that I've seen YouTube beauty gurus such as Bubzbeauty raved about in their vids. I didn't think this particular product did that much for my skin though. I'd rather just use a real exfoliant scrub cleanser or even a simple sugar scrub.

9) Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage - This lotion is really great for the winter. I love the texture but the scent gets to me when it's right in my face.I ended up using this as a hand lotion.

10) oluv Care Intensive Relief Salve - Had to toss this. Not sure why but the product got very grainy after a year.

11) atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine - Summery scent. Nothing against it but it's not something I would buy (too fruity, reminded me a bit of orange juice with a hint of rum, haha). It was fun trying out a new scent though.

12) Time Balm Grapefruit Antioxidant Day Face Cream - VERY thick cream. The citrus scent is MUCH milder compared to Yes To Grapefruit products.

13) Dr. Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask - Last sample of this product. Still do not like it because of the medicinal herbal scent.

14) Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 - Last sample of this product as well. I used up most of my samples of this product last summer but I still don't like it very much even now, it leaves little white clumps of residue on my skin. It's even worst when applied to my face and it comes in contact with my moisturizer.

By the way, I ended up making a purchase for the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder this month because it's been showing up in so many empties list, haha. Those who commented about the product seem to really like it. I have to say that I'm in love after using it for about two weeks!!

Today I finished up a NYX HD powder! I also used up two foil packets of foundation. A Dior BB cream and a Josie Maran tinted moisturizer. If I didn't have a 1,000 other powders I would probably repurchase the NYX HD powder. It worked as well as the MU Forever one.

I tossed out the rest of a 100 percent pure mascara that I got from Birchbox. It just wasn't doing anything for me. I also finished up a Maybelline fit me foundation stick. I may repurchase after I get done with all of my other foundations. I also finished up a mini size of the body shop coconut body butter. It is a definite repurchase if I finish the 150 other lotions that I have. And the last of a philosophy pecan body scrub has finally bit the dust. The smell is just to much. I doubt it will be a re-buy. I did do a "sample Saturday" this past week but I didn't keep up with what I actually used. I guess it didn't make a great impression. Because there is nothing that I feel like I need to have.

Today I finished up a NYX HD powder! I also used up two foil packets of foundation. A Dior BB cream and a Josie Maran tinted moisturizer. If I didn't have a 1,000 other powders I would probably repurchase the NYX HD powder. It worked as well as the MU Forever one.
How did you like the Dior BB? I'm loving Smashbox HD Camera Ready B but wanted to sample a few more before committing to buy next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Diva View Post

How did you like the Dior BB? I'm loving Smashbox HD Camera Ready B but wanted to sample a few more before committing to buy next month.

i have the dior bb cream, and I LOVE IT! i have maybe more than 15 tubes of unloved full sized bb creams (from back when i had my bb cream kick) and too-many-to-count samples/deluxe sizes and the Dior BB is the best, in my opinion! i like how it blends right in and lasts all day. it's low coverage and it's exactly what i wanted.

i have the dior bb cream, and I LOVE IT! i have maybe more than 15 tubes of unloved full sized bb creams (from back when i had my bb cream kick) and too-many-to-count samples/deluxe sizes and the Dior BB is the best, in my opinion! i like how it blends right in and lasts all day. it's low coverage and it's exactly what i wanted.
That's great to hear--thanks! I've been stuck on Bare Minerals as my only foundation (and their cream concealer) and wanted to try new things. I loved the Smashbox samples and went through them quickly. Others, not so much. Felt like old school liquid foundation from high school (in the 90s for me, ;-). I definitely want one that seamlessly blends and acts as a primer and foundation in one, not so much deeply colored. Dior sounds just about right. Now to stalk the swap boards for a sample, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Diva View Post

I haven't tried the Smashbox Camera Ready BB but I really liked the Dior one!  It had good coverage and reminded me more of a Korean BBs.

Used up two items this week!

Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash (Full-size!  5 oz) - Really loved this, nice, gentle gel cleanser, my only complaint would be it's a bit too drying (for me!) in the winter.  I have sensitive skin, so I'm now going to experiment with some milk/cream cleansers.  Still, I would totally repurchase this just for the scent for summer!

Fortune Cookie Soap Whipped Cream (Lotion) Sample in "Mother Pucker" - for all the great things I've heard about FCS, I expected this to be much more hydrating!  The scent was good, kind of an herbal/green apple, but based on the sample, I wouldn't buy a full size.  Do they have a more hydrading lotion type?

SO MUCH. I love just throwing empty items into a tote and them seeing everything at the end of the month.

Full Size

Clear Frizz Control Conditioner

Clear Strong Lengths Shampoo

Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo

BBW Number 4 Harvest 3 Wick Candle

Hydration Lock Chapstick

Deluxe

Batiste Dry Shampoo

Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo

BBW Black Tie Candle

BBW Flannel Candle

Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser

MUFE HD Powder

Ren Night Crean

Caudalie Divine Oil

Clean and Clear Morning Burst Gel Moisturizer

Tossed

100% Pure Mascara - I liked this a lot but it smudged on me too much to keep wearing

Juice Beauty CC Cream - way too dark for me

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Bronze Tint - the color of this is weird and I don't understand using something bronzing just to cover it up

Glam Natural Cream Blush in After Hours - too dark

Fresh Seaberry Face Oil sample - I used about half of this but the smell drove me insane and it was a little heavy for me

Jouer Lipgloss in BB Pink - I literally can't open this

MAKE face primer - meh

And I tossed some perfume samples I didn't like: Tokyo Milk Tainted Love, Harvey Prince Yogini, Harvey Prince Journey, Arquiste Flor y Canto, and some solid perfume I got from a Glossybox that smells like skittles

And the most important empty this month: I used up an entire eyeshadow! Cream from the Lorac Pro Palette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsighting View Post

SO MUCH. I love just throwing empty items into a tote and them seeing everything at the end of the month.

Full Size

Clear Frizz Control Conditioner

Clear Strong Lengths Shampoo

Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo

BBW Number 4 Harvest 3 Wick Candle

Hydration Lock Chapstick

Deluxe

Batiste Dry Shampoo

Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo

BBW Black Tie Candle

BBW Flannel Candle

Origins Checks and Balances Cleanser

MUFE HD Powder

Ren Night Crean

Caudalie Divine Oil

Clean and Clear Morning Burst Gel Moisturizer

Tossed

100% Pure Mascara - I liked this a lot but it smudged on me too much to keep wearing

Juice Beauty CC Cream - way too dark for me

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Bronze Tint - the color of this is weird and I don't understand using something bronzing just to cover it up

Glam Natural Cream Blush in After Hours - too dark

Fresh Seaberry Face Oil sample - I used about half of this but the smell drove me insane and it was a little heavy for me

Jouer Lipgloss in BB Pink - I literally can't open this

MAKE face primer - meh

And I tossed some perfume samples I didn't like: Tokyo Milk Tainted Love, Harvey Prince Yogini, Harvey Prince Journey, Arquiste Flor y Canto, and some solid perfume I got from a Glossybox that smells like skittles

And the most important empty this month: I used up an entire eyeshadow! Cream from the Lorac Pro Palette!

Awesome!!!! Tons of empties for you!

I had a good month, very happy with the following!

USED UP JANUARY 2014

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer (sample, 7mL)

Bond #9 I love New York For All (sample 1.7mL)

Bond #9 I love New York Earth Day (sample 1.7mL)

Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Pamplelune (sample, 1.5mL)

Eucerin Moisturizing Face Lotion (sample, 5mL)

Dr Ci Labo Aqua Collagen Gel (sample, 1.5mL)

Scientific Organics Kombucha Cleanser (sample, 3mL)

Thierry Mugler Angel Shower Gel (sample, 6mL)

Miss Jessie’s Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo (sample, 12.6mL)

Wei jujube Age Control Serum (sample, 2mL)

L’Occitane Divine Cream (sample, 1.5mL)

L’Occitane Hand Lotion w/ Shea Butter (sample, 8mL)

MAKE Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover (deluxe sample, 30 mL)

LUSH Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar (full size, 2.3 oz)

Aveda Defining Whip (full size, 4.1 oz)

I did good this month too!! January empties FULL SIZE: Benefit porefessional Covergirl outlast 3 in 1 foundation Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask--loved this! Bath and Body Works lotion in Juniper Breeze---I enjoyed smelling like 9th grade this month ;) Nivea Touch of Shimmer body wash---Sooooo excited this is gone. It was old, probably to the point of borderline gross. Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer in ivory Covergirl clump crusher mascara Target brand makeup wipes Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake---MY FIRST LIP EMPTY IN LITERALLY YEARS. Bath and Body Works pocketbacs in Pink Chiffon and Coral Reef DELUXE: Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush powder foundation Bumble and Bumble hairdresser's oil---this did nothing for me UDPP anti-aging version---the ONLY PP that sorta halfway works on me. Still wouldn't buy it. SINGLE USE/FOIL: Sephora body wash caps in strawberry, lagoon, and monoi. Glamglow YouthMud mask Touché éclat foil set of 3, used 2 of them, tossed the other one because it's too dark. Origins plantscriptions anti aging cream TOSSED: Bath and Body Works 3-wick in Oceanside: smelled good but it was half gone and in my bathroom and somehow got hair stuck in it that then burned. So ew. Bath and Body works lotion in PS I Love You. ------- Ok I have to tell this story. I found this in my linen closet and thought "why do I have a full, but obviously open bottle of lotion sitting in my closet?" Sniffed it, it smelled good so I thought I would use it. Showered, put it on, went to bed. Smelled good. Not great but fine. Woke up at 2am. Thought my cat had peed on me. The STENCH! looked around, no cat. Couldn't figure out what the smell was. Realized it was my arm. Not sure if this was REALLY old or just really really REALLY disagrees with my chemistry, but it smelled straight up like cat urine on me, to the point I had to take a shower at 2am and wash it off. Never smelled a lotion like that in my whole life. Ok anyways back to empties -------- Benefit Stay Flawless primer deluxe sample-made my makeup go on weird and felt sticky. NOPE. Kat Von D Lockit Tattoo foundation- I used this for Monday Club this week. This was its third chance. It breaks me out in some sort of allergic reaction (tiny raised bumps all over my cheeks that will take a week to go away) and as much as I hate to toss this, looking at it is just going to continue to tempt me to say "one more chance" and then I'll get angry when my skin looks like crap and I need to break that vicious hoarding cycle so in a hefty bag it goes!