Archetype makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my problem:

A while ago I placed a first order of (quite a few) eye pigments samples on Holly's website and everything went fine except for the loooooong turn aroung time.

Once I had received my first order (gorgeous colors by the way) I was thrilled to see that she had added some foundations to her product line so I ordered some samples too... only on that particular day there seemed to be some sort of problem with her website (i could not add any eye pigments to my order for instance).

As everything was fine on the foundation page I placed the order anyway but I never received any order confirmation from her (as I had had the first time I had ordered). All I got was the paypal receipt.

It's been well over a month now and I haven't received my order but what's worse is that I have sent her at least four emails to ask if she had a trace of my order or not but I have never had any answer from her
bawling.gif

Has anyone else had the same experience? I mean not getting any order confirmation after placing an order on that website. Did you eventually receive your order or not?

TIA for your answers

Well, I emailed about 2 weeks ago asking a question and never heard back. She said on her site that it takes about a week for her to answer emails.

On another beauty site, I have heard many many complaints about very slow processing times with a lot of people never getting anything and trying to get their money back from paypal.

Shame really, she has some beautiful shades but I won't be ordering.

Ok I see I'm not the only one who's been having that sort of problem then...

it's really a shame she doesn't at least answer the emails people send her, I think she'll definitely lose some customers because of that not-so-great customer service

thanks a lot for your answer Sirvinya
redface.gif
)

Lucky for you that you paid using Paypal. File a compliant with them and they'll "open a case" and she'll have to respond immediately to them/you. Either way, you'll be sure to get your order or moneyback pronto. Sound like you made an honest effort to contact her, so don't feel bad doing this. It's YOUR money. Good luck!

Ondine, I feel your pain!
heart.gif

Her shades are gorgeous and very tempting, but all the bad rap I've been reading everywhere is making me think twice before ordering. Judging from blogs and forums, it's not just international customers she ignores, it's everyone.
pissoff.gif

That's too bad - I haven't ordered but I know of people who have and they had fairly good things to say except for the long wait for shipping. I wonder since she's fairly new if her cheap (and apparently fairly generous) samples got ahead of her? maybe she'll get things caught back up and turned around.

thanks for all your answers girls

4evrrose, you're definitely right but I still feel bummed at having to do this: it'll the first time that kind of thing has happened since I have been buying MMU online

kittyzabelle youre always such a sweetheart whether it be here or on the other forum, thanks
smile.gif

carmonious, oh yeah that's pretty much guess too: too many orders for her to deal with, especially since I've read somewhere else that this is not the owner's full time job... (but still I find she could at least answer the emails)

Ondine
flowers.gif

I agree, lack of time is no excuse. It's irresponsible on her part. Either you open a business and deal with it, or you don't. She could at least explain things on her website, and she could also have ready-made emails that wouldn't take her much time to send out.

Heather at The She Space is very busy too, and I believe her business is comparable in terms of size and management; but Heather has announcements posted all over her website to make sure we are aware of the delays. Besides, she does take the time to send an email when the order ships and apologizes again for the delay.

A week to answer emails is a length of time. I'm glad that her colors are beautiful though. I've never heard of this one so glad to see a new company at least to "look" at.

Oh yes newyorlatin! Her colours are definitely gorgeous... that unbelievably long TAT and so-so CS are really a shame!
bawling.gif
bawling.gif
bawling.gif

Well, its a good thing you paid with paypal. at least you'll be able to get your money back.

Hi!

Ondine, I ordered on april the 16th, and I received it today!!

I'm really happy, she gave me a lot of free samples (I can't verify if she gave me the right samples, as I can't see it on my paypal account, but I have 10 more samples than payed!) I have all of them now, I only miss the new ones....

Smells like a new order soon (as it take soooo long to get it!) but the colors are so unique, it's really worth it.... And I payed so much more on Dreamworld for less samples!!

*in a happy mood*

rockwoot.gif
yeah nem! i'm glad you received your order... now you've got to place a new one for the new colours
lol.gif
^^

it seems i'm not the only one who's never received an order confirmation, she must be having some sort of problem with that too...

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I'll get my order soon as well

How do the eye pigments hold up? Do they have good staying power?

I'll probably order some samples sometime - I don't mind waiting, especially for such crazy shades!

Any of you try her lip stuff?

Originally Posted by Stellaria /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do the eye pigments hold up? Do they have good staying power?I'll probably order some samples sometime - I don't mind waiting, especially for such crazy shades!

Any of you try her lip stuff?

I received my first order of Archetype eye pigments and lip gloss about a week ago and I really, really love everything I received! I found that the eye pigments are definitely more vibrant if you use an eyeshadow primer first. Since I use a primer with them (primer is from The She Space that I received as a sample months ago; Heather at The She Space will be releasing her new full-size primers either this week or next the last I knew), the color payoff has been really good as well as the staying power.

The lipglosses are FANTASTIC! I liked them so much that after receiving the first order I went and ordered the same color glosses in the 10 gram pots instead of the smaller 5 gram pots I initially ordered. The lip gloss comes in a pot and is creamy and is perfect for applying with a lip brush which I love to do and works really well for me. All of the lip colors are neutral enough (without outrageous sparkle) that you can wear them for any occasion. It is hard to describe, but the bit of colored mica in the glosses just adds another dimension to how beautiful they are, without going over the top; they are definitely very wearable. Not to mention, they are wonderfully moisturizing. I would highly recommend the glosses! All of the products are really nice and very unique in their coloration. They are definitely different than any other mineral pigment I have tried, and I have tried Lumiere, EDM, Aromaleigh, The She Space (I love TSS by the way, but Archetype is just even uniquely different from this), and several others. If you are willing to wait about 4 weeks to receive your order, it is definitely worth the wait, IMHO.
smile.gif

I placed my order at Archetype in May and I do not expect the order to arrive any time before August - although it took OceanMist, SignatureMinerals and EDM samples about 8-10 days to ship to Estonia , for which I am quite delighted.

The forums that raved about ArcheType products also warned about the long shipping delays so I think I was well warned in advance. Hopefully the samples are worth the long wait.

Originally Posted by Dame Ali /img/forum/go_quote.gif I placed my order at Archetype in May and I do not expect the order to arrive any time before August - although it took OceanMist, SignatureMinerals and EDM samples about 8-10 days to ship to Estonia , for which I am quite delighted. The forums that raved about ArcheType products also warned about the long shipping delays so I think I was well warned in advance. Hopefully the samples are worth the long wait.

August?!! Wow. But with advance warning and if ok to wait and worth wait then maybe I'll order samples.

i've been waiting for my order since 11 May. it's now more than a month. I do hope i get my order... but seeing how everyone has to wait more than a month, i guess good things come to those who wait... right?
smile.gif

I ordered "samples" last month paying thru PAYPAL- Now it's going on 2 months - she hasn't responded to email- Now will have to file a complaint

with paypal and I was going to promote her products in BIG way with Brides! Too bad- someday she'll regret

letting success just fall from her fingers.

I had the same problem and had to get a refund through Paypal as well. A friend of mine had ordered and had no issues. I love the colors they have, and have not been able to find anything like them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Good luck to you and if you find similar products the theirs, please let me know. I wanted to try again to order but I dont want to waste my time again.

Back