Question about two elegant updo hairstyles

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would really like to wear this hairstyle for my coming recital on Saturday:

attachment.php

My current hairstyle is like this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also like this one and it seems to be more similiar to my haircut, but it's hard to tell how the braid goes from the picture.

attachment.php

Could anyone suggest on how I might achieve either hairstyle at home? Thanks!

gee! that's a though one! I'm no hair expert so I can't really tell how they've done it. I'm sure some of the other ladies will know though!

good luck with your recital and your hair!

The first one looks like a really loose french braid going around the head. for the definition just put a dab of gel on your fingers as you pick up each new section. As for the second one it looks like huge old school box braids that are pinned together, and the back is just teased and pinned around randomly.

for braids, especially this one around the head, i can only recommend this website : dreamweaver braiding.

i would start first by the braid, you go from one side, grabbing hair pieces on the way to the other side. i'd leave the shorter bangs out of the braid for a sassy look, or you could pin them on the side.

then i grab the rest of my hair in a messy bun.

maybe try getting your hair done by a friend or your mom ?

Thanks for all your replies! I think I figured out how to do the first one! I was practicing lace braiding for the first time tonight:

attachment.php

But I guess the braiding has to be more irregular and loose to get that soft natural look.

Beautiful job! I could never manage that, I'd get so confused and frustrated I'd give up in five mins
tongue.gif

That looks great! I can't believe you did that yourself!

I totally wish I knew how to braid my hair.

Here's my recital hair! I could only do the lace braiding around my front, it got too messy when I tried to do the back of my head so I twisted the end of the braid with the rest of my hair behind and secured it into a twisted ponytail.

MyRecital012.jpg

MyRecital082.jpg

Thanks to you guys for directing me to the dreamweaving site!

Back