Dior Skin Forever Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been hearing some very good things about Dior Skin Forver. Are all the rumors true??? I have a very oily T zone...would you recommend Dior skin for me anyway?? My sister insists it's a god send, but I would like to know if people with combination skin have had the same success. Thanks!

Z

I have heard alot of good thing about is too, but I havnt used it my self.

I bought it. I have very oily skin.

It is very true about it melting into your skin. The coverage is lovely. It does contain oil so it does not hold up with my oily skin. It breaks down badly.

It's hard to find a good shade. The shade that was the best for me was not matching my white skin (no tanning), it was a bit dark. The next shade down was a bit too light. Bottomline there was no "happy medium" for me.

I had to return it because it just wouldn't hold up. It was very disappointing. The first hour it was on looked fabulous! It bet it's perfect for people with dry skin.

i have tried it and returned it b/c i couldn't find a good match. I prefer MUFE Mat Velvet, i swear by this foundation

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have tried it and returned it b/c i couldn't find a good match. I prefer MUFE Mat Velvet, i swear by this foundation MUFE MV is great foundation..the only liquid I can wear. I ordered the Dior and had to return it..it wasn't enough for my oily skin...it didn't control the shine enough. I did have luck with the color match but that was all.

color matching is very hard with that line especially if you're a minority. it seems like that line caters to people with red/pink undertones (ie mostly caucasian women) because they had very limited yellow/golden which would help a lot of women. plus the shades JUMPED a lot..as an above user said "no happy medium" between a lot of shades. i did find a shade that was a close match that i bought, however on my normal/combo skin it got cakey after a few hours. not only that, but if you have any blemishes, it'll bring attention to it.

It's such a great foundation...I love the liquid, but I think that might be better to use during colder seasons...Im combination to oily especially during the summer. I just bought the compact foundation its literally the same thing....ITS AMAZING! I LOVE IT! It feels like Im not wearing anything.
smile.gif

I wasn't impressed by it..at all. But I know lots of people love it so maybe it just depends on the person.

It worked well for me, but that's because I happen to have dry skin. It should be fine if you have a combo of oily, but since their shades are limited it can be a bit hard finding a perfect match. I use 030 Med Beige but for the summer its a tad too light for me. I have to use Honey Beige and mix it in with the Med Beige in order to get the right color for me. I find it great to use in fall/winter, but during the spring/summer time I rather use something light such as a tinted moisturizer since it has SPF.

Where can I get the Mufe foundation??

Originally Posted by PiinkLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's such a great foundation...I love the liquid, but I think that might be better to use during colder seasons...Im combination to oily especially during the summer. I just bought the compact foundation its literally the same thing....ITS AMAZING! I LOVE IT! It feels like Im not wearing anything.
smile.gif
I also have combo skin especially in the summer. I find that it doesnt control the shine as much as I want it to, but it does better than Mac studio fix. With studio fix, my face seemed to get oiler and rubbed off on EVERYTHING in the summer. I was actually thinking of getting the dior liquid foundation too(I currently have the powder compact)...would you say its better not to for the summer? I wanted to see how it would look with both..see how the coverage is. Would the liquid make me oiler?
By the way, try applying it with a Kabuki brush..its great!

Z

Originally Posted by Shera76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where can I get the Mufe foundation?? According to the MUFE website, this is where you can get it in Switzerland:
Switzerland

Zürich

Nuno Styling

Augustinerstrasse 12

CH-8001 Zürich

www.nunostyling.ch

+41 1 211 11 60

I also have combo oily skin and this isn't cutting it anymore. I still look t-zone shiny and i hate it. I've been using it since around feb, but it just isn't working out, but i did match up freakin perfect with one of their shades! I'm thinking of trying the MUFE one or a NYX one, still don't know. I'm waiting to run out of this one first.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also have combo oily skin and this isn't cutting it anymore. I still look t-zone shiny and i hate it. I've been using it since around feb, but it just isn't working out, but i did match up freakin perfect with one of their shades! I'm thinking of trying the MUFE one or a NYX one, still don't know. I'm waiting to run out of this one first. I know what you mean. I came home today and saw my nose was really shiny. This might be ok for fall, but I dont know if its ok for the summer. I'm not sure what to try next.

Originally Posted by lauren84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif MUFE MV is great foundation..the only liquid I can wear. I ordered the Dior and had to return it..it wasn't enough for my oily skin...it didn't control the shine enough. I did have luck with the color match but that was all. Would you say MV is better or Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation ?

I want to try that one mat velvet + matifying, hopefully sephora will give me a sample, but none of the colors match up next to the dior one that i matched exactly to.

Originally Posted by lauren84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif MUFE MV is great foundation..the only liquid I can wear. I ordered the Dior and had to return it..it wasn't enough for my oily skin...it didn't control the shine enough. I did have luck with the color match but that was all. I'm trying to purchase both the liquid and powder in honey beige, but there is no powder in honey beige! How come? Can you suggest any powder colors in Mufe that might work well? I'm really curious about trying this. I want something that will combat my T zone.
Z

Dior Forever tends to work better with normal to dry skin while DiorSkin Pure Light is better suited for oiler skin types. I've tried this one and I like it but I have extremely oily skin and the CHANEL Mat Lumiere and MUFE Matte Velvet work much better for me. They have mattifiers in their formulas where as the Dior is simply oil free.

Back