Using samples that come in baggies

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you don't have enough spare sifter jars, what do you do- use straight from the baggies? Doesn't it get messy?

I read the the excellent tutorial on how to transfer the sample from baggie to jar. It's quite ingenious! But right now, I don't have any empty jars and I don't plan to place any more orders just yet.

You could try sprinkling a little bit from the bag onto a plate and use that to swirl your brush in.

That's what I do, I use a small saucer and pour the right amt of MM and use the kabuki to swirl and use it on my face.

Hope this helps.

emma

get a little saucer or bowl from a dollar store and use it to sprinkle your bagged mineral powders onto.

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You could try sprinkling a little bit from the bag onto a plate and use that to swirl your brush in. this is the method that i use and it's been working for me. i do this with my sample jars too.

I have a set of kids play dishes from IKEA, and I use those for all my makeup. The lids on the jars I have are nowhere close to big enough to swirl my brush in, let alone tap off the excess. And any eye shadow I use is only a few specks - there's no way I could pull off actually dipping into the jar, unless I was going all-out faerie makeup or something crazy like that!

when I get a baggy sample (Im so hate that!) I spill the foundation into a jars. I have a lot of jars becouse I have a lot of samples..

but somtimes I just taking the foudnation's lid. any foundation and spill the sample into the lid and after I finish I clean the lid.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif but somtimes I just taking the foudnation's lid. any foundation and spill the sample into the lid and after I finish I clean the lid. I did that for the longest until my big order came in.

for a while i was buying sooooo many colors of eyeshadow that i ran out of sample jars to put them. what i did was go to the craft store and buy those little pots that you can put paint in for kids. they work perfectly you can separate them or keep them all together.
smile.gif

I tip them out into a bowl, eye shadows and blushers included. I only tip out as much as I'm going to use, not the whole lot. I use my mineral eye shadows wet so there's no way I'd dip a wet brush into a bag, it's just asking for problems!

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tip them out into a bowl, eye shadows and blushers included. I only tip out as much as I'm going to use, not the whole lot. I use my mineral eye shadows wet so there's no way I'd dip a wet brush into a bag, it's just asking for problems! Eeeeek... I've done that.... There was just a tiiiiiiiiny amount of eyeshadow in there tho. Didn't even look like there was anything to tip!

i directly use them from the bag (i mostly have e/s samples in baggies). i don't use my eyeshadows wet, so i assume it's ok to do that. i just like to take out some product directly from the bag instead of using a bowl or a palette.

I tried transferring baggie samples to jars, and it was just too much work. I'll either use it straight from the bag or sprinkle some into a plastic paint palette. You can get them at any arts and crafts store (like Michael's). I think mine was less than 50 cents.

I hate transferring from bag to jars too. I used to and then after around my 300th order of jars (they go faster than you'd think) I just use them right out of the bag by sprinkling onto a plate.

I used to transfer baggie samples into small jars,but now i prefer to store the baggies in a small photo album. You know,the kind with "pockets" for the photos. It takes much less space and always stay organized. Very easy to travel with, too. So easy that i have transfered makeup from my full sizes into baggies and put them into the album,and made it my travel makeup-kit.

When i want to use something from a baggie i just pick it out with the brush or a tiny teaspoon,depending on what and how im going to use it.

Interesting idea! Thanks! It had never occurred to me to use photo albums to store the sample baggies. Right now, my samples are piling up and looking very messy! I feel almost overwhelmed at how much I have already and I have yet to receive samples from 4 more shops.

Latest posts

Back