Natural based moisturizer/higher SPF?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been trying to switch to more natural products, though I dont wear a lot of makeup, I enjoy home made facials because I know they wont irritate my skin. I have sensitive, acne prone skin, its also oily, especially now since summer rolled around, in NC its very humid, so being outside the makeup begins sliding after 5-10 mins. Its pretty bad. Then it clogs pores and makes me break out. Anyways its gotten better this winter since I changed my diet a bit. But I was looking to buy a moisturizer that has an SPF of at least 20 if possible, and made with safer sunblock like zinc oxide. Because I've used regular brands like neutrogena with SPF 30 and 45 and it burns my face.

The only one I found so far is Racher Perry, SPF 15, and its oil free, I might give it a try, but I was looking for something with higher SPF.

any idea?

thanks

if you want natural, maybe check the organic brands ? i know Lavera and Weleda have some sunscreens (SPF30, i've never found anything higher).

maybe also try mineral makeup.

Burt's Bees has an SPF 30 susncreen that's pretty natural with no chemical filters. It has Titanium Dioxide instead.

I use Emu Oil for my moisturizer, and then use Mineral Makeup for my sunscreen. You can't get much more natural than that - even the "natural" and "organic" lotions and sprays are pretty unnatural in composition.

ETA: I forgot to say that Emu Oil is supposed to be very good for people with oily skin, so don't let the "oil" scare you off!

Kosmea does a 30+ moisturising cream that contains rosehip oil, I like it. Kosmea is big for their rosehip products, I use the straight oil as well.
smile.gif

thanks, I'll look into those, I've tried several brands of mineral makeup, but they dont provide enough coverage, I still have some scarring from my old acne, so I use benefit get even powder for now.

Korres Watermelon Moisturizer with SPF30 is nice!! You can get it at Sephora.

I don't know brands that offer natural based mositurizer with SPF, but if you want something oil free, very light, and has a SFP as high as 50, you can try Shiseido's Anesa sunscreen. I've used it before, and I'll say its the best sunscreen I've used, in terms of texture and lightness of sunscreen loition.

Latest posts

Back