How long does it take you to do a full face of makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
on yourself?

or another person?

i would really like to know whether my application is slow compared to others..

TIA

Depends...is it an everyday look or going out?

For everyday - 15

Going out - 30

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Depends...is it an everyday look or going out?
For everyday - 15

Going out - 30

That's about the same for me.

Full face for work...(primer, concealer, foundation, powder, brows, eyeshadow base, eyeshadow [between three and six colors], eyeliner, mascara base, mascara, blush [between one and three colors], lip liner, lipstick, and lip gloss)...twenty to thirty minutes.

Full face for going out...(all of the above plus a more complicated eyeshadow routine, more eyeliner, and false lashes)...thirty to forty-five minutes...but that's usually because I have more time to play around.

Fastest.... 10 - 15 minutes.... If I don't have any where pressing to go.... Hours!! Lol.

wow. you guys are uber quick compared to me. XD haha. i take 45-60 minutes to get ready. im a perfectionist.

If I am doing an out the door look, it generally takes about 15 minutes but when I go all out with the shadow, it can take about 45 minutes to an hour.

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow. you guys are uber quick compared to me. XD haha. i take 45-60 minutes to get ready. im a perfectionist. 60 for me. I'm a perfectionist, as well :)

It all depends on how much time I have and what look I am going for. I usually allow myself 30-45 min in the morning for my MU, but thats b/c I fiddle around, drink coffee, things like that. If I am going out, it could take a long time. When I do other peoples it all depends on what it is for. Pageants usually take 45-90 min since application has to be a little heavier due to stage lights. Weddings are always a toss up-sometimes the bride freaking out about something and keeps getting up, sometimes they just want something fresh and natural looking. it all depends on the person and what they want.

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow. you guys are uber quick compared to me. XD haha. i take 45-60 minutes to get ready. im a perfectionist. yea I'm with you here. I get up in at 7 to feed my dog, brush my teeth and moisturize and prime and from 7:30 to 8:15 i'm getting ready. I can do it much quicker but i obsess over everything. Plus, since i keep everything in two big traincases, it takes up a lot of my time sorting through what i'm looking for, having to pull out this and that and what brush i want to use. For a night out, about an hour.

I think if i had a vanity itd be much easier to get ready in the morning much quicker. plus i won't stop messing with my mp3 player and changing the song and watching tv.

Under 15 mins. On my work days, I get up at 5 am. I have to leave in 45 mins and that includes getting my kids ready for school and the sitters.

Varies for me as well:

Quickie running around to do errends/day look~ 15 minutes

Going out, depends on the look~ anywhere from 45-60 minutes (provided my Husband keeps the kids occupied
smile.gif
)

On clients, again it depends on the look, how many faces I have and the type event.

Like a bride I take my time, an hour or so. Bridal parties 30 minutes each girl. Photoshoots I usually only have 20 minutes or so for each model.

Originally Posted by cheller /img/forum/go_quote.gif on yourself?
or another person?

i would really like to know whether my application is slow compared to others..

TIA

heheh I like this thread already!!!

Ok natural look, nothing over the top, just quick application of stuff I already know how to do really well and am used to doing? Which means a lil bit of liquid liner, mascara, mineral foundation and blush.

5 min tops.

But if I am going for something a little more daring, trying new colors or something bold that I already know how to do but I want it to blend well and have nice flow. Including the essentials of course : eyeliner, mascara, blush, foundation.

It can take up to 30 min or more depending on just how exact I am trying to be or haha or much I have to grab a wet q-tip or baby wipe haha.

usually for work, between 20 and 30 minutes..

and between 30 and 40 for going out.

It really depends how much time I have. I can do makeup in 5 minutes, but mostly I have more time, so I use it, lol.

10 mins for everyday and 30 for going out, I'm too lazy to get up in the morning and do anything fancy...

Latest posts

Back